SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [WIP] Time Compression Enemy Warning (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=242985)

podunkpete 11-03-19 07:51 PM

Time Compression Enemy Warning

It's getting late and my eyes/brain are shot. Somewhere in these forums is a thread detailing how to drop out of time compression when an enemy is detected. I had modified my last install per the posting but at this hour my post scanning and search skills seem to be nill. Can anyone direct me to the post or where the settings are to drop out of time compress when an enemy is spotted and how to limit max time compression? It's a new install, but that's a long story. Thanks for any help.

propbeanie 11-03-19 09:43 PM

The settings for Time Compression are in the "game folder / Data / Cfg / Main.cfg" file. Under most circumstances, the game will return you to 1x TC when an enemy is encountered. The higher the TC level, the longer in game time it takes though... If you are below a certain level of TC (16x?? 8x??), the game might not take you back to 1x though, so be careful of that... :salute:

podunkpete 11-04-19 05:02 PM

Yup! That's it by golly. It was set to 8 at enemy contact, and since at this point most enemies are planes they certainly had an advantage while my slow fingers moved to get back to x1. I wonder if there's a way to hot key to normal time! Thanks again for the info. Much obliged!

propbeanie 11-04-19 07:14 PM

Depending upon Stock or the mod, the <Backspace> "pauses" the game at "0"TC, while some mods have the number keypad's <Enter> key set to send you back to 1xTC. You can also edit the "Data / Cfg / Commands.cfg" and do it yourself. I usually end up messing that up though, misplacing commas and semi-colons... :roll: so the Backspace is my key. :salute:

podunkpete 11-08-19 05:10 PM

Another tip I wish I had known sooner! My version was a download with no manual (that I can find.) I've noticed at times that when I'm travelling in time compression to a patrol zone the game will "Hiccup", after which a convoy will sometimes appear. I've learned to mouse to the lower corner and go to x1 if the game stutters, just in case. There aren't always targets, but you never know. Thanks again for the info!

Fifi 11-09-19 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podunkpete (Post 2635809)
Another tip I wish I had known sooner! My version was a download with no manual (that I can find.) I've noticed at times that when I'm travelling in time compression to a patrol zone the game will "Hiccup", after which a convoy will sometimes appear. I've learned to mouse to the lower corner and go to x1 if the game stutters, just in case. There aren't always targets, but you never know. Thanks again for the info!

That’s what i call the hydrophone cheat...common to all silent hunter series, even with some powerful CPU & GPU :yep:
Can hiccup up to 2 seconds depending the spawning objects numbers and the time compression you are running on.
I can never miss a convoy spawning at 1024 TC.
Well if sometimes the AI can cheat to find you, we also can do as well :haha: