SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   On Surface OUT OF OXYGEN Crew Died - Trigger Maru 2.5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=250337)

NeonsStyle 08-23-21 01:46 AM

On Surface OUT OF OXYGEN Crew Died - Trigger Maru 2.5

Ran out of Oxygen on the Surface!!! WTF?

I was running back to base from an engagement off the coast of the Phillipines, heading back to Midway. Running with sped up time, the crew reported we were low on oxygen. I checked, tanks were full. I pressed Surface just to be sure even though we were already fully surfaced and had been for days. Boat ran through the Surfacing drills, once complete I went back to time compression, and shortly after that we all died from lack of Oxygen! What the heck? How does this happen???

Niume 08-23-21 02:07 AM

I believe you ALT TABBED while playing this game and because of that C02 meter never stops raising. It is a known bug.

Solution restart the game.

KaleunMarco 08-23-21 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2764372)
I believe you ALT TABBED while playing this game and because of that C02 meter never stops raising. It is a known bug.

Solution restart the game.

+1 Niume

Mad Mardigan 08-23-21 03:32 PM

Re: No oxygen death...

+1 Niume

Report to Base Commander, for punishment detail... :Kaleun_Wink: j/k

Another thing you can do, (as that does sometimes occurs.. without backing out of game, rare.. but it can. I know :yep:) is make sure you are surfaced, no ships about, not around land either main land or islands if at all possible.. :yep:

Save (NOT overwriting any other save... never do that... at all.) close out, then reload back up. This will, clear the baffles... & put things back to rights with the O2 gauge systems...

Long & short, either option will do the trick. :up:

Just avoid tabbing out or using the Windows key, should your keyboard have that functionality...

I know that I will sometimes, inadvertently hit that bloody key on My own keyboard... when I went to hit the Z key to go silent running... I've since bypassed that & use the built in options of going silent (either tagging the fan in the control room... or in the commands bar. :yep:)

Hope this info helps... :shucks: :up:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Front Runner 09-20-21 06:16 AM

My Cat..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2764505)
+1 Niume

Report to Base Commander, for punishment detail... :Kaleun_Wink: j/k

Another thing you can do, (as that does sometimes occurs.. without backing out of game, rare.. but it can. I know :yep:) is make sure you are surfaced, no ships about, not around land either main land or islands if at all possible.. :yep:

Save (NOT overwriting any other save... never do that... at all.) close ot, thenn eload back up. This will, clear the baffles... & put things back to rights with the O2 gauge systems...

Long & short, either option will do the trick. :up:

Just avoid tabbing out or using the Windows key, should your keyboard have that functionality...

I know that I will sometimes, inadvertently hit that bloody key on My own keyboard... when I went to hit the Z key to go silent running... I've since bypassed that & use the built in options of going silent (either tagging the fan in the control room... or in the commands bar. :yep:)

Hope this info helps... :shucks: :up:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

My Cat loves to push the "Windows" key...
:Kaleun_Cheers:

Arlo 09-20-21 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Front Runner (Post 2769518)
My Cat loves to push the "Windows" key...
:Kaleun_Cheers:

Cats are evil. :O:

Comder 09-20-21 09:11 PM

Good Evening Gentlemen,

As everyone has mentioned, do not drop to windows. If you are on surface,

you will never raise co2 when you dive. If you are below the surface, upon surfacing you will never clear the co2. I have run into both. wish I could blame a cat lol, but it was me :doh:

Thanks

Comder