SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   I haven't decided (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254803)

Rebel 02-21-23 01:03 PM

I haven't decided

I've been playing silent Hunter three with gwx . I'm investigating Wolfpack I purchased it from steam two years ago. I entered one of the game rooms the hourglass was moving around without me touching it, I tried the esc key did not escape. After several moments I pulled the plug on my computer. . I restarted my computer, went back to the place where you start the game from and chose my own room, the game seemed to run choppy question do I need more RAM to play Wolfpack than I needed for silent Hunter three with GWX ALL BE IN THE LIGHT

BrendaEM 02-21-23 01:30 PM

From what I have seen, Wolfpack has far more detail than even Silent Hunter 4.

Have you checked the minimum requirements?

If you don't have a fast enough processor or graphic card, a game will be consistently slow. If you you don't have enough RAM, the computer may use virtual memory, which can hang you computer here and there as it writes to the hard drive of solid-state drive.

Onkel Neal 02-21-23 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel (Post 2854325)
I've been playing silent Hunter three with gwx . I'm investigating Wolfpack I purchased it from steam two years ago. I entered one of the game rooms the hourglass was moving around without me touching it, I tried the esc key did not escape. After several moments I pulled the plug on my computer. . I restarted my computer, went back to the place where you start the game from and chose my own room, the game seemed to run choppy question do I need more RAM to play Wolfpack than I needed for silent Hunter three with GWX ALL BE IN THE LIGHT

Wolfpack will run on 8GB of RAM, turn down the details. Runs best on 16GB.

When starting the game, after the USURPATOR banner, you get a black screen for 30 seconds. Don't click on anything, just wait, then the game will start. This is something we will fix.

SH3 and Wolfpack are two different animals. SH3 has a great campaign and is structured like all the old style subsims.

Wolfpack is more detailed and hands on. Great convoy skirmishes but campaign is not yet included.

ReallyDedPoet 08-01-23 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2854337)
Wolfpack will run on 8GB of RAM, turn down the details. Runs best on 16GB.

When starting the game, after the USURPATOR banner, you get a black screen for 30 seconds. Don't click on anything, just wait, then the game will start. This is something we will fix.

SH3 and Wolfpack are two different animals. SH3 has a great campaign and is structured like all the old style subsims.

Wolfpack is more detailed and hands on. Great convoy skirmishes but campaign is not yet included.

Recently installed another 8GB, now have 16GB :) Game looks great at this stage. So much potential with this game.
Have not gone through the various training, but plan to :yep: