SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 with VoiceAttack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247618)

derstosstrupp 12-09-20 01:29 AM

SH5 with VoiceAttack

Just got this set up today, and I can say, it works very well. There are several problems with the German speech recognition mod out there, so this allows complete freedom to bind the historical commands to keys. Even mouse movements and clicks. The only disadvantage is that you can’t set a specific course, but that’s minor in relation to all of the advantages. Another great feature is the ability to string commands together. Overall, I am very impressed! Only $10 too.

https://youtu.be/8s1KDtM1oQI

CassiousClay 12-09-20 06:47 AM

That is really cool! Thanks for sharing!
:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Applaud:

derstosstrupp 12-09-20 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassiousClay (Post 2712474)
That is really cool! Thanks for sharing!
:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Applaud:

Thanks! Happy to share my profile as well, once I massage it a little more.

John Pancoast 12-09-20 11:52 AM

Man, those merchant lookouts are blind ! :D

derstosstrupp 12-09-20 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2712540)
Man, those merchant lookouts are blind ! :D

Yeah I wasn’t so focused on my scope discipline in some parts of that video, I know. Just got voice attack up yesterday, so just trying to make sure I got all my commands straight. Following the MDv 416 torpedo shooting regulations deviates quite a bit from how I normally enter data (a function of us being able to get away with more having a digital TDC). But, as a challenge and now that I have the commands set up, I will follow this procedure (I’d better, since the voice attack profile I set up somewhat requires it).

John Pancoast 12-09-20 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derstosstrupp (Post 2712542)
Yeah I wasn’t so focused on my scope discipline in some parts of that video, I know. Just got voice attack up yesterday, so just trying to make sure I got all my commands straight. Following the MDv 416 torpedo shooting regulations deviates quite a bit from how I normally enter data (a function of us being able to get away with more having a digital TDC). But, as a challenge and now that I have the commands set up, I will follow this procedure (I’d better, since the voice attack profile I set up somewhat requires it).

Did you use the voice command program for SH3 and if so, how does this one compare ?

derstosstrupp 12-09-20 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2712548)
Did you use the voice command program for SH3 and if so, how does this one compare ?

I never tried that with SH3. This works great though. I used to use the speech recognition mod for SH5, but it has several problems (port/starboard issues, ahistorical commands etc). And I am not adept enough at programming to be able to change the commands in that mod. Voice attack though makes it very easy to customize. Granted, a lot of what you can accomplish has to be by way of telling the program where to move your mouse and what to click, as you can see in there with the TDC, but as long as you don’t touch your mouse as you give these commands, it won’t screw it up.

John Pancoast 12-09-20 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derstosstrupp (Post 2712552)
I never tried that with SH3. This works great though. I used to use the speech recognition mod for SH5, but it has several problems (port/starboard issues, ahistorical commands etc). And I am not adept enough at programming to be able to change the commands in that mod. Voice attack though makes it very easy to customize. Granted, a lot of what you can accomplish has to be by way of telling the program where to move your mouse and what to click, as you can see in there with the TDC, but as long as you don’t touch your mouse as you give these commands, it won’t screw it up.

:up:

derstosstrupp 12-11-20 03:31 PM

https://youtu.be/_70pJI1GNHE

hughesjr 08-28-21 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2712548)

For the record .. Voice Attack is a very generic app .. it should work with any version of Windows (including the upcoming Window 11, etc). It uses the default system voice recognition and it should continue be maintained in the future, etc.

I have many games I would like to use it on, Included, but not limited to, Cold Waters, UBOAT, SH3, SH5 .. and probably SH4 if/when i get it.

I am just learning the ins and outs of this, but you can do things like logic tests (testing if Caps Lock, Num Lock, Scroll Lock on or off, and switch their position if req'd, etc). you can do position / location right and left clicks as well as short cut keys .. etc.

I do not yet have any profiles, except a basic one I found for SH5.

I'll see what I can do.

I don't know that what it does is any better than the current apps for SH5 or SH3 .. but I think it will be better for being able to get something working for a bunch of different games.