SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Operation Monsun...Something looks wrong (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201243)

robmypro 01-06-13 02:18 PM

Operation Monsun...Something looks wrong

I activated the mods (and OMEGU) in the order provided in the instructions, but I don't have a new shortcut for this mod like I see with SH3 GWX. I also don't see the same outline around the buttons at the bottom like I see in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgOuILOOgJ8

I have activated the mods. What do I do to make the mods active?

Thanks guys!

Sailor Steve 01-06-13 03:04 PM

You already asked this in the ATO mods section, which is the correct place. Starting a new thread in every forum isn't exactly appreciated around here. One was enough.

Sniper297 01-24-13 11:38 AM

And apparently it was moved to the correct forum, so what's the answer? I'm coming into this late, so I scanned assorted posts and downloaded OpsMonsun_V705.7z then copied the data folder into the F:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific folder. Launched game, don't see das boot, career mode shows only the original US Pacific commands. Looked for an alternate executable, no gots - sh4.exe and gu.exe are the only ones in the main folder. Data folder from the zip is 1.2 gigs, is there more than that? Blasted support folder is 10 megs with 39 readme files, I skimmed the most obvious ones but there's no "start by clicking this" instructions anywhere I can find.

Anyone got a simple step by step on how to START the ATO campaign?

Sailor Steve 01-24-13 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper297 (Post 1998286)
so what's the answer?

The answer to his question is that mods installed with JSGME don't create a new desktop icon. That was all he asked.

The answer to your question is that OM is not installed correctly. Did you get a message saying there was already a Data folder? It's usually best to install these things using JSGME.

Sniper297 01-24-13 08:46 PM

Been so long since I used it I don't remember where I put JSGME. I've been playing with computers since the TRS-80, so I know how to back up and make alternate copies, so I generally copy the data folder in, answering yes to overwrites. Looking at the alternate on the F drive I have;

F:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7c

Which is one of many that aren't in the original. However I start the game, click Career, options are 1941 1942 1943 1944, Pearl Harbor Midway Asiatic, no unterzee booten anywhere. Looking over the quick play options no u boats there either.

Sailor Steve 01-25-13 01:14 AM

Start the game again. When the loading screen comes up is it the Operation Monsun one? If not, then it isn't installed correctly.

Sniper297 01-25-13 02:17 AM

No, it was the original screen, so I installed the latest JSGME and ran that, copied the data folder from the \OpsMonsun_V705 into the mods folder and ran it again, activating the mod which didn't change anything. Noticed there was a

F:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\UPCDataGE

folder, so I copied all the folders in that to overwrite the ones in F:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\UPCData and also copied the contents of F:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Campaigns\CampaignGE into the F:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Campaigns\Campaign folder. That gets me the German careers but when I select one it returns the sorry error gotta close message.

Need a step by step on this, apparently extracting and copying the data folders to overwrite doesn't work, neither does the JSGME. Overwriting the regular folders with the GE specific ones gets the menu, but always crashes after that. What I got;

OpsMonsun_V705.7z

OMv705_to_V720.7z

Do I need something more than that?

mido 01-26-13 09:42 AM

I have got exactly the same problem, everything seems to be installed correctly but no OM screen at startup, looked at the files and they seem to be in the right place but nothing changes???

And yes! I am using JSGME...

Sailor Steve 01-26-13 10:38 AM

Step 1) Make sure that no mods are enabled in JSGME. The right-hand column should be empty.

Step 2) Make sure that OpMonsun is installed correctly in the MODS folder.

Step 3) Look at the folders. The correct path should be Silent Hunter 4/MODS/OpsMonsun v705/Data. Any other order and it won't work.

Step 4: Install OMv705_to_720. This will update it to the latest version.

Step 5: Install OMv720_Patch1

Step 6: Install the OMEGU mods the same way, if you want the environmental updates.

Sniper297 01-26-13 11:35 AM

No listing for OMv720_Patch1, there is a OMv720_Patch5 which I'm downloading now.

From the start;
1. Copied the Ubisoft folder to another location, created shortcut, tested game.
2. Extracted JSGME to desktop. Went to C:\Documents and Settings\Jim Ward\Desktop\JSGME2_6\JSGME and copied;

\MODS
JoneSoft.txt
JSGME.exe
JSGME.ini
JSGMEHelp.txt

Pasted all that to C:\1test\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific so I should have all the correct paths, running JSGME from the root directory of SH4.

So now what I got;

C:\1test\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\OpsMonsun_V705

C:\1test\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\OMv705_to_V720

C:\1test\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\OMv720_Patch5

Finished downloading, pretty sure the directory tree is correct now, so I'll run the JSGME to activate those in that order and see what happens, be back later to report.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

:yeah:

Sniper297 01-26-13 11:54 AM

Crap, wet firecracker, fizzle instead of bang.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4420/78894601.jpg

That's expected, as each update and patch is installed it will overwrite previous files, so click Yes.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2463/25143203.jpg

Start career, no joy - original USA campaigns only.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9855/62153812.jpg

Here's the problem, instead of copying the German campaigns into the Campaign folder it installed in a separate CampaignGE folder. For whatever reason the game is not reading that folder. This is Windows XP Media Edition BTW, so it's not a Vista / Windows 7 UAC issue since there ain't no UAC in XP.

Sniper297 01-26-13 01:25 PM

Just to clear up one possible source of confusion - I'm running the D2D version of Silent Hunter IV patched to 1.4, no TMO or RFB or RSRD mods. I haven't bought the 1.5 U-boat addon.
Does this Operation Monsun require the 1.5 U-boat addon or not?

mido 01-26-13 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1999192)
Step 1) Make sure that no mods are enabled in JSGME. The right-hand column should be empty.

Step 2) Make sure that OpMonsun is installed correctly in the MODS folder.

Step 3) Look at the folders. The correct path should be Silent Hunter 4/MODS/OpsMonsun v705/Data. Any other order and it won't work.

Step 4: Install OMv705_to_720. This will update it to the latest version.

Step 5: Install OMv720_Patch1

Step 6: Install the OMEGU mods the same way, if you want the environmental updates.

http://www.dominicanrepublicrealesta...Untitled-1.jpg
I installed exactly as explained here but loading screen doesn't change. Uninstalled the whole game and started from scratch but same result. Could it be that the downloaded files are corrupt? I downloaded them here on Subsim.com.

Sniper297 01-26-13 01:45 PM

That's why I'm asking about the 1.5 uboat expansion pack, we're assuming that's not needed for this, maybe it is?

mido 01-26-13 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper297 (Post 1999275)
That's why I'm asking about the 1.5 uboat expansion pack, we're assuming that's not needed for this, maybe it is?

My game is patched with the U-Boat Missions (1.5.0.0.0), I get the careers to start in 1939 but no OM loading screen. Something is missing here, anybody else out there playing OM? What should the loading screen look like?