SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs. Tiger in 5760x1200 Eyefinity! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162182)

kondor999 02-20-10 05:36 PM

T34 vs. Tiger in 5760x1200 Eyefinity!

Behold...:rock:

Crossfired twin 5870's with 4x Supersampling AA - locked at 60fps with max details.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...6-28-23-18.jpg

ZeeWolf 02-20-10 06:59 PM

Wow! :rock: Ati 5870's huh? I thought they where the ones with all the trouble.
What do you get with 1680 x 1050? And your Power supply wattage?

ZeeWolf

Chucky 02-21-10 05:03 AM

Awesome!
Frinik will have babies when he see's this :har:

frinik 02-21-10 10:33 AM

Babies me?????

Hey Chucky did I hear my name used in vain all the way from my vacation?:haha:

I won't have babies but definitely slobbering with envy! Wow lovely specs!

Good to see that you guys are still babbling away while the Bolsheviks are firmly entrenched in Kursk and we havne't fired a shot in anger yet!:shucks:

All the best to you All.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHH

I miss not being able to shoot a single 88mm shell:cry:

Cheers

Chucky 02-21-10 10:41 AM

Hey Frinik,don't let your better half catch you on here during your holiday or you will have fired your last shot in anger!

Chucky.

frinik 02-22-10 09:48 AM

I am covered Chucky!

Don't worry Chucky I 've got it all covered.I spiked her coffee while she wasn't watching and now she is sound asleep with our 2 boys.|She won't remember a thing when she wakes up and she'll never figure why I have that beatic grin on my face....:DL
I'll just have to be careful to wash my hands in case she smells tank :shifty:shell powder

Cheerio and wait for me! No mad dash to Kursk without me:shucks:

Sledgehammer427 02-23-10 05:06 PM

O_O

looky that, the simulator has sharper res than the GUI.
excuse me while I soil myself

pedromarques 02-24-10 03:09 AM

Jeeeeeeeesus!

That's really awsome. Congratulations. :salute:

growbag 02-26-10 04:19 AM

Nice, certainly beats my 1920x1080!

How did you set the Anti-Aliasing though? It's greyed out in my copy of the game and won't allow me to change it :(

frinik 02-26-10 05:54 AM

Resolution

I don't want to sound like a party poop but I use 1440 X 1080 screen resolution and I don't see much difference in terms of quality compared with the pics displayed by Kondor999.However, I am sure that FPS-wise he probably leaves me smelling the dust of his Tiger's exhaust!

But I believe the Kursk mod is truly going to reveal the strengths (or lack of) and weaknesses of your respective computers.ZW is going to introduce much more details and AI in his mods and this may strain our FPS I am sure those like Kondor999 with superior GCs will truly enjoy an advantage.

Cheers

Chucky 02-26-10 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by growbag (Post 1281205)
How did you set the Anti-Aliasing though? It's greyed out in my copy of the game and won't allow me to change it :(

Do you have a Nvidia card?

It was greyed out with my Nvidia GTX280 OC but works with my ATI 4890.

Maybe you can change that in the control panel for the video card?

morttheslayer 03-01-10 03:04 PM

Specs to Run new Kursk mod

Hello Tankers
I was thinking of upgrading depending on game development but will keep my powder dry until we start to run ZW excellent addons.
I dont know how the game coding eats up resources but I will compare it to IL2 (although IL2 is now an "older generation game").
I believe looking at still screen shots is helpful but you need a direct comparison between systems when the game is running and busy to really judge what a good integrated system should be. Also what settings are used and whats the PC is running in the background etc etc. We'll see, I'm sure we'll get a huge amount of posts when the time comes.
In the meantime I'm looking foreward patiently to developments. I for one would rather ZW took the time he needs to get it as right as he can for release.
All the best - Mort :D