SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 - News & Download (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220285)

THEBERBSTER 06-18-18 05:25 PM

Hi V
Quote:

In the HSIE options selector there is a fix for internal torpedo reload where the crew can't perform reload when the uboat is surfaced or in a storm, I activated this but the crew always reload the torpedo, even when surfaced/in a storm,
Works for me.
Reloading needs to be done at 25 metres minimum depth before the crew will respond to internal loading in bad weather.
Make sure as this is important that you have an Officer in the Bow or Stern tubes when reloading is taking place.
I find there is no point in trying to attack, maintain depth, fire torpedoes in 15m/s wind speeds as the torpedoes always run deep.
Quote:

- I have ship auto identification on, how do I make the identified ship appear automatically in the recognition book without having to flip through all the ships?
IIRC you need to lock the target and click on the TDC the word showing "Ship".

Quote:

- How do I stop accurate ship markers from randomly popping up on the map? they make finding enemy ships too easy, almost effortless.
You would need to disable No Map Contact Update showing in the game play difficulty settings.

Another option is to use the GUI OLC Widescreen mod, IIRC this removes the map contacts and you just see a black dot or similar moving on the map and does not show the direction of travel or whether it is friend or foe.

Quote:

- The bunker-start mini mod doesn't seem to work, I still start the mission in the same spot, even tho Kiel has a uboat-bunker.
Works for me always from the bunker.

You need to go to SH3 Commander and Career Options.
Make sure the box "Start patrols at sea" is not ticked.

Quote:

- and last how do I stop the cheering band people at the port? they are annoying
Go to your main game folder\data\sounds and also LSH3 main mod\data\sounds where you will see Scripts for Crowds and Fanfares I think this is what you mean.

Peter

https://s8.postimg.cc/aubnczcrp/lsh3...oad_banner.gif

VoidsX 06-19-18 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2557868)

Reloading needs to be done at 25 metres minimum depth before the crew will respond to internal loading in bad weather.
Make sure as this is important that you have an Officer in the Bow or Stern tubes when reloading is taking place.
I find there is no point in trying to attack, maintain depth, fire torpedoes in 15m/s wind speeds as the torpedoes always run deep.

Thanks.

Quote:

You would need to disable No Map Contact Update showing in the game play difficulty settings.

Another option is to use the GUI OLC Widescreen mod, IIRC this removes the map contacts and you just see a black dot or similar moving on the map and does not show the direction of travel or whether it is friend or foe.

Thanks but is there any other way to just get rid of the ship markers that appear when Im out at sea? without turning off contact updates, since they do help me when targeting ships (in visual range) and will help me even more when I try manual targeting, they even help me when navigating out of the port, and I am too used to the vanilla SH3 UI to change it and having to relearn where everything is.

Quote:

Works for me always from the bunker.
You need to go to SH3 Commander and Career Options.
Make sure the box "Start patrols at sea" is not ticked.

But I don't use SH3 Commander, is it necessary for bunker start to work? any way "start at sea" was not clicked and I don't even start at sea but at the ship port rather than the bunker.

Quote:

Go to your main game folder\data\sounds and also LSH3 main mod\data\sounds where you will see Scripts for Crowds and Fanfares I think this is what you mean.

Done, I guess there is no way to actually remove the band and the crowds?

The mods I have:

https://preview.ibb.co/cBjTPd/jsgme.png

Where I start:

https://image.ibb.co/fPVS0J/sh3_2018...7_00_00_45.png

THEBERBSTER 06-19-18 03:53 AM

Hi V
Open the first folder showing Commander.

You must always start your game from the SH3cmdr exe
It is here that you setup your career and name your Captain.

The easiest way to do this is to right click on it and send it to your task bar.

Everything you need to know about the basics of LSH3 is in my tutorials.
Post #11 SH3Commander > Making Changes > New Career > Launching LSH3 > Pictorial > Missing pictures replaced

Quote:

Where I start:
Your picture shows that you have a bunker start.

A bunker start means you start from a dock side or bunker.

With LSH3 you cannot start at sea you will always have to go through a lock on your outbound journey.

As far as the map situation it is either map contacts on or off.
Peter

VoidsX 06-19-18 07:10 AM

Thanks for your help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2557930)
As far as the map situation it is either map contacts on or off.

Well, that's a shame, that's actually my biggest issue currently, I'm getting roughly 20k-30k tons of sunk ships EVERY mission which is a little ridiculous, sure its early war and almost no ships are defended but I shouldn't even be finding that many ships.

3rd party mod maybe?

THEBERBSTER 06-19-18 08:37 AM

Hi V
Why don't you make the game a bit more challenging then?
Changing the setting in the HSIE will make the game more difficult.
Making game play setting changes in SH3Commander for example in Model effects selecting Malfunctions + Sabotage will provide difficulties for you.
Peter

IoannisEM 06-19-18 01:13 PM

Help wanted !!!

Ahoy to all sailors there !!

After 6 years, I desided to reinstall my old faithful SH3. I made my first mission, all well.

When the well known add-ons :
AIL Das boot officers and
Harbour traffic mod 1.47

installed, I receve the following message :

Menu ID not found : 0x1a000008!

and the whole PC is crashing (win 7).

Any help please ??

Thank you in advance

THEBERBSTER 06-19-18 06:00 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > IoannisEM
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

I assume you have added these mods to the LSH3-2015 enabled mods list in JSGME?
It is quite likely that these mods are not compatible with the mega mod.
There are very few compatible mods you can add to LSH3-2015.
Do check out my tutorials in my signature as it will save you a lot of time and possibly a bit of grief as well.

VoidsX 06-20-18 12:07 AM

Hi,

I think I found a solution to my problem, There is a "extended challenge" mod in JSGME that reduces radio contact reports from 1500 kms to 350 kms as well as other things, it also turns all contact colors to black, so no more identifying the enemy from far away, so pretty much what I was looking for. don't know how I missed it.

PS. I took another look at the Kiel u-boat bunker next to the docks and there is a cheering band there too, which leads me to think it was intended to be possible to start from there.

VoidsX 06-26-18 01:07 AM

Hi again,

While on a patrol I got a message that says I was recalled to base for a "special mission" and should be prepared to go out on April 2.

I ended the patrol but it wasn't 2 April and I'm not sure how I can force a it to start at that date, I started March 31 and waited at sea while battle of Norway was going on and waited until April 12 and still got no message about it, how do I actually follow up with this "special mission"?

edit: unless the general orders I get while battle of Norway is happening is that special thing the earlier message was talking about?

Aktungbby 06-26-18 01:33 AM

welcome aboard!

IoannisEM!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 06-26-18 03:29 AM

Hi V
This is from the F1 Help
https://s8.postimg.cc/4xcx4d6dh/8_TC_Top_secret.png

Peter
https://s8.postimg.cc/t13osoz51/lsh3...oad_banner.gif

VoidsX 06-26-18 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2558940)
This is from the F1 Help

Thanks, I didn't start this current career with SHIII Commander, would it still work? or is it Commander from the start?

THEBERBSTER 06-26-18 10:28 AM

Hi V
LSH3-2015 is controlled by SH3Commander.
This means that you should always start your game from it.
The easiest way to do this is to open the LSH3-2015-C ommander folder, go down to the SH3Cmdr application icon right click on it with your mouse and you can either send a shortcut to your desktop or to the Taskbar.
You then use to always start your game.
I would also advise to set this application to run as an administrator.

SH3C has many optional changes that can enhance your playing enjoyment.
I would suggest that you might like to take a look at my tutorial posts 11, 19 and 20.
Peter

Brett Sinclair 06-30-18 12:45 PM

Hi guys & girls,

I have a slightly stupid question: When I first installed SH3 + LSH3, I changed the resolution in the main.cfg to 1920 x 1080 and it worked fine.
After a reinstall, I did the same thing: Changing all the main.cfg (both in the documents and game installation folder) resolution lines to 1920 x 1080. But now my resolution is still set as default, widescreen GUI working fine, however.
How can I change this?
Thanks.

Best,
Brett

THEBERBSTER 06-30-18 02:26 PM

Hi BS
You do not need to touch the cfg file with LSH3.
My cfg file looks like this.
My native resolution 1920 x 1080 but notice that here is set at 1020 by the game.

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1920 x 1020
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=No
DynamicShadows=No
ParticleDensity=100.000000
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

The Wide screen GUi mod sets up 16.9 aspect ratio.
You only need to make adjustments if you have sound and a black screen.

It is important that you have your cpu setup correctly as in this example.
Post #7 Changing Nvidia And AMD Radeon GPU Settings > Pictorial > Missing pictures replaced
Peter

Brett Sinclair 06-30-18 04:58 PM

Thank you!
For some reason, I cannot change my display settings on NVIDIA's control panel, probably because it is a laptop. I can, however, change the panel fit to "maintain aspect ratio" - to no avail. I'm going to reinstall my video drivers tomorrow.
I tried to change the resolution in the d3d9.ini, but now the gui only sits on the bottom left on the screen (at its original size), while the rest of the screen is black.

Best,
Brett

Delta Wolf 07-03-18 02:01 PM

Hey Guys,

Im thinking of trying out LH3 as i have always played GWX however there are a couple of mods that i always play with and i wondered if anyone could tell me if Thomsens sound pack and Manos Environment Pro V6 are compatible with LSH3?

Thanks all

ThePrody 07-03-18 02:10 PM

Manos works fine but i think you need to edit a file out of the Thompsen mod ,
the file en_menu.txt from the Sound Mod's .\data\Menu\ folder

THEBERBSTER 07-03-18 02:47 PM

Hi DW
The problem only arises if you have the mod enabled when you are doing the Eprobungstelle test missions.
If you do not like the idea of editing files then just disable the mod before the test mission and enable it again before starting your next patrol
Peter

https://s8.postimg.cc/qhtqkmuhx/lsh3...oad_banner.gif
Thomsen’s Sound Pack fix for LSH3-2015
Quote:

Originally Posted by crookedtool
Hello Berbster,

Quote:

Originally Posted by crookedtool

Firstly, thanks for all of your contributions to the Silent Hunter community. You have provided everyone with a wealth of useful information.

When you use the Sound Pack, the test mission AO 83 has you based in Penang, but the deployment location is near the southern tip of Africa. All you need to do to fix this is to remove (or rename / backup) the file en_menu.txt from the Sound Mod's .\data\Menu\ folder. I have no idea why the Sound Pack would need to use that file, but it seems to work just fine without it.

Enjoy,
Steve

Delta Wolf 07-03-18 03:41 PM

Hi Gents,

Thanks for the replys, i enabled Thomsens sound pack after the first mission as stated above but i have noticed with the sound pack enabled my recognition manual and TDC UI have changed to German, if i remove the mod they change back to english. I dont remember this happening in GWX.

Is there anyway to keep the sound pack but change the recognition manual and TDC UI back to english?

Cheers