SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Journey's End for The Grey Wolves Mod Team (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583)

ryanglavin 01-31-10 12:56 PM

Thank you, Jim :).

Jimbuna 01-31-10 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanglavin (Post 1253834)
Thank you, Jim :).

...and be sure to keep us regularly updated http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

SubSim Skipper 02-05-10 10:10 PM

I Must Second the motion for the GWX team to come out of retirement, in lieu of the DRM debacle and show UBI...

609_Avatar 02-07-10 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubSim Skipper (Post 1259494)
I Must Second the motion for the GWX team to come out of retirement, in lieu of the DRM debacle and show UBI...

Ah, if only this would come to pass, GWX + SH4 would = heaven on earth! (IMHO, of course) Though I'm guessing that if they ever did come out of retirement it would be to work on SH5 and not 4...

Sailor Steve 02-07-10 05:58 PM

"They"? GWX had a few core members who were there the whole time, but a lot of talented people worked on the team at different stages. It wouldn't be that hard for someone to put a new and different team together. Well, it would, but that's what's really needed.

There are already brilliant supermods for SH4. All that would be required would be the people who could add that 'extra touch' - the harbors, the cool visual stuff, to be willing to do it. What's really needed is someone willing and able to coordinate it all. The talent has always been there. The hard part - the leadership - is all that's missing.

Galanti 02-07-10 10:01 PM

Participation by a GWX team would be great, but we've got a damned fine supermod in Lurker's Operation Monsun right now. I'm a week into a 1939 patrol in a Type IIC and it's as immersive and detailed as anything I've seen in SH3 yet.

Additional models, texture, realism and authenticity tweaks would always be welcome, but as far as the campaign goes, I defy anyone to beat the detail and scope Lurker has put into creating a 1939-1945 campaign for the U-bootwaffe. And now with conning tower emblems!

Sailor Steve 02-08-10 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galanti (Post 1261388)
Participation by a GWX team would be great, but we've got a damned fine supermod in Lurker's Operation Monsun right now. I'm a week into a 1939 patrol in a Type IIC and it's as immersive and detailed as anything I've seen in SH3 yet.

Additional models, texture, realism and authenticity tweaks would always be welcome, but as far as the campaign goes, I defy anyone to beat the detail and scope Lurker has put into creating a 1939-1945 campaign for the U-bootwaffe. And now with conning tower emblems!

I completely agree - Op Monsun is fantastic to play. Lurker has done a wonderful job and kept abreast of the problems with continual updates. The only things I miss are the little things: proper harbor traffic, Kiel Canal stuff (actually WAC is better in that respect, having the historically correct bridges), the K-ships (blimps) and things like that.

The other big thing I miss is what SH3 Commander brings to the table. Those things require a good programmer, and the GWX team had one in Privateer. He was talking about making some of those things happen.

Jimbuna 02-08-10 04:50 PM

He may well yet.....he has been working away from home in recent months.

maillemaker 02-10-10 01:44 PM

I wanted to say thanks for the GWX mod.

It's probably one of the best game-related pieces of software I've ever used.

Steve

DarkFolle 02-12-10 02:36 AM

honestly? i bought SH4 only because i knew GWX team was going to mod it too, and still didn't touch the game (as all SH stock games s*ck) - only tried Op.Monsun mod to see that it lacks *that* feeling GWX 3.0 gave me.
It's a shame, a real loss, wish u good luck and tons of sunks, i was doubting to buy SH5 because of the DRM, and now i'm definitely not gonna even think abt it.

h.sie 03-10-10 12:43 PM

Since SH5 seems to be a desaster (I didn't play it, but heard so much negative comments): Isn't this a motivation for the GWX team (or the rest of it) to restart their work in GWX4 for SH4.

I also bought SH4 because GWX4 was announced. Never played it vanilla. Tried OpMonsun which (for me) didn't have that "Das Boot" feeling as Sh3/GWX has.

Come on guys, demonstate UBIsoft how to make the ultimate simulation.

Gilbou 03-10-10 01:38 PM

I would be willing to pay to see GWX adapted from SH3 to SH4.
Around $100 easily...
And I guess I would not be the only one.

Jimbuna 03-10-10 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilbou (Post 1306604)
I would be willing to pay to see GWX adapted from SH3 to SH4.
Around $100 easily...
And I guess I would not be the only one.

Did I ever forward you my banking details? :hmmm:

:D

Madox58 03-11-10 09:45 PM

Uh,
I get my cut right Chief?
:hmmm:

Jimbuna 03-12-10 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1309820)
Uh,
I get my cut right Chief?
:hmmm:

Your cheque was sent in the post a month ago......didn't you receive it? :DL