SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Another black stain on America (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254897)

Onkel Neal 03-06-23 10:22 AM

Another black stain on America

You have to see this, unbelievable.

Man, I would give anything to see the National Guard drop a dozen napalm bombs on these criminals. :hmmm:

Dozens detained in clash between protestors and police at future Atlanta public safety training center site
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/cop...s-police-smoke

Jimbuna 03-06-23 11:23 AM

Shocking and disgraceful but sadly, omnipresent in quite a few other countries as well.

les green01 03-06-23 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2856558)

Man, I would give anything to see the National Guard drop a dozen napalm bombs on these criminals. :hmmm:

Dozens detained in clash between protestors and police at future Atlanta public safety training center site

but they wont and construction equipment is not cheap

Skybird 03-06-23 08:06 PM

Off to the Sahara, digging sand. One glass of water per one ton of sand recirculated. :yeah:

Sean C 03-06-23 10:29 PM

The pendulum swings ever more violently. Back and forth. I think that is by design.

We need calm, level heads. Strong people who can slow the swing, and who are not easily swayed from the path of true peace.

Balance is the anathema to the chaos we see. And to those who seek to keep us preoccupied and thus ignorant of what they are really doing.

It's not too late. We can still save ourselves ... if we just learn to see what we have in common.

u crank 03-07-23 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean C (Post 2856696)
The pendulum swings ever more violently. Back and forth. I think that is by design.

We need calm, level heads. Strong people who can slow the swing, and who are not easily swayed from the path of true peace.

Balance is the anathema to the chaos we see. And to those who seek to keep us preoccupied and thus ignorant of what they are really doing.

It's not too late. We can still save ourselves ... if we just learn to see what we have in common.

Well said Sean.

:salute:

Gorpet 03-08-23 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean C (Post 2856696)

What is the path to true peace ? And who are the people that keeps the pendulum swingin ? Oh that's right It's the United States.Ya baby we got rid of the Orange Man.And the world now has Joe Biden. Now you can really COVER and DUCK.

Buddahaid 03-08-23 12:47 AM

Yes, moving past orange man would be a great step for the GOP but it will take one more losing election cycle. Trump will not get RNC nomination and break out as a new party candidate, but that is not a certainty. He will at least ruin any GOP gains.

What’s the record now, 6 out of 7 loses?

Sean C 03-08-23 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorpet (Post 2856880)
...who are the people that keeps the pendulum swingin ? Oh that's right It's the United States.

"The United States" is neither a person nor group of people. It's a country, and there are ~332 million U.S. citizens. Are you suggesting that each and every one of us - and no one else - is responsible for the current state of affairs on most of the planet? Surely not, because that would be a ridiculous assertion.

My point is: there are specific people - in the United States and elsewhere - who are stoking this dumpster fire for their own benefit. All you have to do is think about who that might be. Who would want the U.S. and other first world powers chasing their tails over race, gender, culture, religion, etc.? Hmmm ... gee that's a tough one.

mapuc 03-08-23 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean C (Post 2856964)
"The United States" is neither a person nor group of people. It's a country.

I thought USA consist of 52 states who has some kind of autonom independent.
Thereof the name "United States- Where these states are united in some political things while they are independent on others and Of America"

Markus

nikimcbee 03-09-23 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2856966)
Thereof the name "United States- Where these states are united in some political things while they are independent on others and Of America"

Markus

57 States if Obama is counting.:Kaleun_Cheers:

nikimcbee 03-09-23 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2856558)

I wish they would catch a bunch of these kids and send them for a time-out in Club Gitmo.

That protest looked mostly peaceful to me though?

AVGWarhawk 03-10-23 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 2856881)
Yes, moving past orange man would be a great step for the GOP but it will take one more losing election cycle. Trump will not get RNC nomination and break out as a new party candidate, but that is not a certainty. He will at least ruin any GOP gains.

Don't count your chickens. :03:

Sean C 03-11-23 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2856966)

Markus

That's exactly how it's supposed to work, Markus. IMHO, one of the most overlooked U.S. laws is the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Founding Fathers
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The Constitution of the United States actually delegates very few explicit* powers to the federal government. Twenty-seven to be exact - notably: the power to declare war, coin money, regulate trade and establish a post office. The latter being particularly funny because our postal system is not funded by the federal government at all.

Anyway, what we have instead is a federal government that reaches into almost every aspect of our lives. The result is madness.

*There is a precedent for "implied powers" which - quite frankly - I believe is bull███ .

Always your American friend,
Shawn

Gorpet 03-21-23 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 2856881)

Well, I think both parties are corrupt beyond what the everyday ant worker here in the Land of the Free,Can comprehend.