SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2020 Discussion and Support (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247796)

Kal_Maximus_U669 01-21-2022 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishskysail (Post 2788919)
Having the exact same issue. Of course it can still be used using the hotbar or using the observer periscope. But I haven't found the problem yet.

it is the 'cam.dat' you have to replace it seems to me that there is a patch for that..here is my friend KM_U669 :03:

Sam.Willow 01-21-2022 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=irishskysail;2788941]This mod is great and I really enjoy it. But i've had an issue that (seemingly at random) it crashes on loading, but only after exiting the game. Whether this be after the end of a patrol or in the middle of one, the game crashes when loading and always right before its finished or just after the text on screen appears.

Does anyone know this issue?
---------------------------------

Yes.

If you start Task Master and you see Gaming Services running. SH3 will crash with the report that the game is already running or something like that, been a long time for me but definitely Gaming Services is running and it is the trouble. You can usually fix this temporarily by restarting the computer.

You can prevent Gaming Services from starting for a more semi permanent resolution. Doing this will only start the Gaming Services service when it is specifically called for by a game. I think for me it was XBOX.

I use a program called Process Lasso to prevent Gaming Services from automatically running. I used the "Disallow Service" option in Process Lasso.

Process Lasso is a free program but you can choose to give the author a token if you find it useful. I donated $10.00 USD years ago and now it automatically updates when a new feature has been added.. NICE! :salute: I hope this helps, I think this will help with this issue.

One caution. Process Lasso is very powerful, you can brick Windows with it. Requiring a restore to get it working again. Don't mess around with Windows Services.

Archive1 01-25-2022 12:05 AM

All:
I am glad to see the forum back up and running. I think Urmel would approve of the community keeping on with the mod.

I posted a query a bit ago regarding changing the formal photo of Doenitz that is on the wall of the radio room. I'd like to insert a family photo instead. Did that with SH3 with no problem, but when I do so here I get an old glamour shot from somewhere. How can I override that and drop in a Paint program photo of ones choosing? Anyone know?
Oh, and if/when some things are changed: when exiting Lorient the leading trawler always runs aground and explodes across from the sub pens. Is that programmed into the sequence purposely? And the burning vessels seem to burn endlessly. Maybe they should burn out after a set time period?
Archive1

Anvart 01-25-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam.Willow (Post 2789160)
Yes.
If you start Task Master and you see Gaming Services running. SH3 will crash with the report that the game is already running or something like that, been a long time for me but definitely Gaming Services is running and it is the trouble. You can usually fix this temporarily by restarting the computer.

You can prevent Gaming Services from starting for a more semi permanent resolution. Doing this will only start the Gaming Services service when it is specifically called for by a game. I think for me it was XBOX.

I use a program called Process Lasso to prevent Gaming Services from automatically running. I used the "Disallow Service" option in Process Lasso.

Process Lasso is a free program but you can choose to give the author a token if you find it useful. I donated $10.00 USD years ago and now it automatically updates when a new feature has been added.. NICE! :salute: I hope this helps, I think this will help with this issue.

One caution. Process Lasso is very powerful, you can brick Windows with it. Requiring a restore to get it working again. Don't mess around with Windows Services.

If you have the latest versions of Windows 10, you can exclude interfering services from the list of background...

Wahbla 02-04-2022 07:38 AM

Rest in peace Urmel and thank you for all. I always loved your mod.

Archive1 02-07-2022 02:01 AM

Gentlemen:
My understand from earlier input was that an updated version of LSH3 was going to be undertaken this year. Now that we have lost Urmel, is that still on the table? Or maybe is that now being addressed by the senior staff? I understand that I have no seniority to probe, but it would be useful for the regular users of the LSH3 Forum to have some insight. If there is no intention/or ability to update, then there would be no reason for us to upload areas that we believe might need work. I just hate to bother you all with observations of things that could be worked on, when that is not on the table.
Obviously not any priority. Merely wish to help.
Pros't,
Archive1

Sam.Willow 02-07-2022 02:12 PM

Raised my periscope and discovered something I have never seen before
 
Raised my periscope and discovered something I have never seen before. Archive propaganda film of a Type IX U-BOAT with deck gun crew at work.

enjoy :Kaleun_Salute:

Sam.Willow 02-10-2022 06:49 PM

Dark Seas Type XXI documentary
 
This video was released 10, Feb. 2022

https://youtu.be/XS2DAXxesVo

Enjoy!

:Kaleun_Applaud:

Mister_M 02-10-2022 08:58 PM

A special campaign should be written in which the type XXI is combat ready as soon as early 1943... :yep:

John Pancoast 02-10-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2792795)
A special campaign should be written in which the type XXI is combat ready as soon as early 1943... :yep:


All you have to do is change it's availability date in basic.cfg and assign it to a flotilla(s).

But it's already earlier (1944) than in history in the game. :hmmm:

John Pancoast 02-10-2022 09:30 PM

Doenitz always reminds of this guy from the original Star Trek. :D

Sam.Willow 02-10-2022 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2789698)
All:
I posted a query a bit ago regarding changing the formal photo of Doenitz that is on the wall of the radio room. I'd like to insert a family photo instead. Did that with SH3 with no problem, but when I do so here I get an old glamour shot from somewhere. How can I override that and drop in a Paint program photo of ones choosing? Anyone know?
Archive1

Archive1, it may sometimes seem that you are being ignored but the truth is the users of this forum simply play the simulation. We don't develop it and we don't have access to the master files that would allow us to edit the lsh3 mod for the simulation. This means we do not have your answers. It seems that the lsh32020 mod team does not spend a lot of time in the subsim forums and it is pretty obvious never in this one.

If you have questions and requests you should ask the developers at https://www.lsh3.com/. You can contact them through the support link on their pages. It is maybe possible to find the answers to your questions on their site. I read last year that they intended to continue the lsh3-2020 mod into the future probably labeled lsh3-2025 version. At the time I read this Urmel was still alive. From what I have read he was one of several developers, which means that while sadly he is gone others are there to keep up the work.

I hope that this is helpful to you.

Anvar1061 02-11-2022 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2789698)
I posted a query a bit ago regarding changing the formal photo of Doenitz that is on the wall of the radio room.
Archive1

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/ima...aleun_Wink.gif
druck_radio_7.tga
https://sun9-16.userapi.com/impg/ykd...e08&type=album

Archive1 02-12-2022 11:28 PM

Sam:
I greatly appreciate your answer. It clears up for me several delayed replies. And I do understand the gap between those who use the game and the programmers that modify it.
I will try to connect with https://www.lsh3.com/ and see what transpires. I have no idea what it takes to keep a program like this going, but assume it requires a large investment of multiple people. Many of whom are, like me, not available to add any technical advice or assistance, but who are interested in keeping the program going in a healthy and accurate fashion.
My thanks for the program support and responses and for your (and others) investment of time and effort in keeping this alive and healthy.
-=Archive1=-

Archive1 02-12-2022 11:33 PM

Anvar1061:
Yes, I have been there and have attempted to substitute my family image for that of Doenitz. And did that in Grey Wolves version of SH3 with no problem.
But, as I said, if I drop a properly sized image (of any kind) to overlay the Doenitz image, what you get is some 1920s pinup. Try it and see.
Obviously not a critical problem, but certainly irritating.
Thanks, -=Archive1=-


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2022 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.