SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Development Updates (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226377)

Usurpator 08-21-20 03:24 PM

Weekly update

Hello Everyone!
This week we've been working on the new buoyancy system. Here is a work in progress video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvcJ9zsg508

Onkel Neal 08-21-20 03:43 PM

The water asset and buoyancy system is a big update even though it is not readily apparent to the end user. This new built-in-house water asset the new water asset is very efficient with resources and will allow the game to take advantage of the latest version of the Unity engine. The original water asset allowed the devs to get a game in place and on the Early Access platform, now they have engineered a greatly superior water asset of their own that will work much better for the game, with caustic effects, better shading of underwater views through the periscope, and the long-awaited foam and wakes that will improve the visible appearance.

Lost At Sea 08-23-20 01:11 AM

Fantastic news, well done!!!
You guys forgot to mention the floating red bricks :D

Lost

BrokenPrism 08-24-20 06:22 AM

Will we get underwater effects? Like the sub being pushed around by dc's?

rohling 08-24-20 12:42 PM

Could you also please add depth charge explosions above surface?
This would be really helpful when working together in a pack.. locating
a buddy in need :salute:

Onkel Neal 08-25-20 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohling (Post 2691747)
Could you also please add depth charge explosions above surface?
This would be really helpful when working together in a pack.. locating
a buddy in need :salute:

That is a good suggestion, thanks

bigbear 08-26-20 10:35 AM

Incomplete support for widescreen monitors

Yesterday, I purchased Wolfpack in the hopes that it would support a widescreen monitor, specifically 3440x1440. All seemed to work fine until I finally got around to the conning tower where I wasn't able to access any navigation or attack scope controls. The cursor just doesn't move past a certain point on the left or the right of the screen -- confining me to a view that is just between either of the two control areas. If you guys could take a few moments and just make it work the same as the rest of the locations, that would be great. Essentially, the game is unplayable for me until this is resolved.

Also, there is something that I find to be a real annoyance: When I move the cursor around the screen, the pointer is a "precision pointer" (crosshair) type rather than a "arrow-pointer" type. The crosshair is useful on the map display, but is very difficult to see on other displays. If you guys could just alter the mousepointer type so that it shows the crosshair type only on the map display that would be VERY helpful.

Onkel Neal 08-28-20 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbear (Post 2692072)

Also, there is something that I find to be a real annoyance: When I move the cursor around the screen, the pointer is a "precision pointer" (crosshair) type rather than a "arrow-pointer" type. The crosshair is useful on the map display, but is very difficult to see on other displays. If you guys could just alter the mousepointer type so that it shows the crosshair type only on the map display that would be VERY helpful.

Noted, thanks.

Pisces 08-28-20 09:37 AM

Would be nice if they can invert the color of the mouse icon. White on a bright map surface or background sky in the main menu is easily lost. We need more contrast aside from size.

Usurpator 08-28-20 03:37 PM

Weekly update

Hello Everyone!
During the past week, work on the new water asset has proceeded as planned. We are also fixing bugs that have been reported. We're doing another Q&A on Discord September 9:th 10-18 GMT. If you have questions regarding the project we'll be there to answer them.

Wolfpack Discord: https://discord.gg/ZwEymD5

Onkel Neal 09-04-20 03:02 PM

.24C patch released to fix the enemy ship night detection range issue.

Usurpator 09-04-20 04:08 PM

Weekly update

Hello Everyone!
This week we've been working on the new water asset. We also released a patch fixing the enemy night blindness bug. If you have questions regarding the project, we're doing a Q&A on Discord September 9:th 10-18 GMT.

Usurpator 09-11-20 08:49 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
This week we've been working on the new water asset.
We are finished with depth sampling and buoyancy, and next week
we will work on refraction and reflection. We also held a Q&A where we got some good input from the community. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Usurpator 09-18-20 06:26 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
This week we've been working on various under water effects
for the new water asset.

skipjack578 09-19-20 08:50 AM

May i suggest to remove underwater "wavy effect" when watching your submarine through the scope. (sub appears to be wavy and curved)
They also did this in SH series but that is something taken from spongebob and other cartoons.
If you watch your submarine through a scope underwater it would be seen normal, only if you watch a sub from above the water then it would appear to be wavy and curved because of the refraction of light.

Keep up the good work!

Usurpator 09-25-20 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipjack578 (Post 2696268)
May i suggest to remove underwater "wavy effect" when watching your submarine through the scope. (sub appears to be wavy and curved)
They also did this in SH series but that is something taken from spongebob and other cartoons.
If you watch your submarine through a scope underwater it would be seen normal, only if you watch a sub from above the water then it would appear to be wavy and curved because of the refraction of light.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you, you are correct. This is temporary and will be taken care of. We'll stay clear of the Spongebob look xD

Usurpator 09-25-20 02:32 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
This week we've been improving the under water effects for the new water asset. We've also made a chronograph, it will be added to the game with the next update.

Catfish 09-30-20 06:13 AM

Only saw it now, thanks for the update! :salute:

Usurpator 10-02-20 04:00 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone! Here is a short video showing some progress on the new water asset we are working on. The next step will be adding foam and wakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ0R-vXIXYM

blackswan40 10-02-20 05:40 PM

Hi Usurpator Oscar and Einar Onkel Neal do this mean we are getting a gods eye mode view for Wolfpack or am i jumping the gun a tad