SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

Jochem 03-31-15 12:25 PM

Hi Zee,


Thx for the march update. Globally, performance with the panther missions are improved. But it's not enought. Otherwise it's really better, no doubt about this, you are on the right way. You have to do the same for Tiger mission, please ! :salute:

I notice a ctd if I finish the first mission of the panther and click to the next.
I notice crazy camera in cuppola if 7.92 shoot on me.

keep up the good work comrade ! ;)

ZeeWolf 03-31-15 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jochem (Post 2302547)
Hi Zee,


Thx for the march update. Globally, performance with the panther missions are improved. But it's not enought. Otherwise it's really better, no doubt about this, you are on the right way. You have to do the same for Tiger mission, please ! :salute:

I notice a ctd if I finish the first mission of the panther and click to the next.
I notice crazy camera in cuppola if 7.92 shoot on me.

keep up the good work comrade ! ;)

Thx Jochem,
You still have to clear the Cache folder at times and I released the re-worked Tiger model to soon before it was totally finished. I have a new update that will be up soon
with some new changes to the Mid Tiger and the Early Tiger models with new skins
etc. :yep:

There is a need to finish more German and Soviet trucks to be able to add them to
the retreat from Kursk missions. Also the note; that the retreat from Kursk had the
most intense tank battles. Both the north and southern fronts, so expect the fighting
to be non-stop TOTAL WAR! :arrgh!:
Vorwärts Kamerad!

ZW :salute:

ZeeWolf 03-31-15 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiekniera (Post 2302150)
Thank you gentlemen for your warm welcome :sunny:

@zeewolf
Oooh nooo..i guess i've too much counting on you for this one..but no problem at all, i'll keep an eye for your next big release zee ! :up::salute:

Ok wiekniera :up:

ZeeWolf

Knightspel 04-18-15 12:20 PM

Hello Zeewolf,

After few years pause of TvsT i played couple of missions and now i'm tempted to jump in again... What kind of roadmap you have for 2015, any big changes coming? Any hope for Königstiger? Thanks! :salute:

Ps. Anyone have videos of playable Panthers?

ZeeWolf 04-18-15 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightspel (Post 2307708)
Hello Zeewolf,

After few years pause of TvsT i played couple of missions and now i'm tempted to jump in again... What kind of roadmap you have for 2015, any big changes coming? Any hope for Königstiger? Thanks! :salute:

Ps. Anyone have videos of playable Panthers?

Greetings Knightspel,
Well, the overall approach is to focus on the German side in the Ost Front during
1943. My objective, concerning and model release, missions etc. will be based on
this focus. :yep:
As you may already know I have a Playable King Tiger, but the time that this model
will take to complete the interior model would interfere with the 1943 objective.

However, when it comes to performance and technical issues, they will be on a priority
bases.
For example, the crash issue that the cached files are involved. This issue I have been
working on and have tested and will be in the upcoming Update for more testing that I
can not do.
Next example, is the terrain textures. I want the terrain to look as good as possible
with new texture maps and with NO HIT to performance- this is possible.:o

As for one issue that I have been dieing to finish is the model texture map (Skins)
quality. Texture map creation is an art that takes every horse in the barn to do right.

Project ZeeWolf must have excellent looking models with no compromise or exceptions.
Nothing but the best "Tank Porn" is my philosophy and that includes historical
accuracy too.:)

So, you must understand I see no end to the work necessary for years to come.
And the fun stuff like new missions and Campaigns will come out of this too.:up:

http://www.tanksimzw.com/Update_List.html

ZW :salute:

Knightspel 04-19-15 04:32 AM

Got me persuaded :salute: I'm in again. looking forward to new missions and Panther!

Knightspel 04-19-15 03:04 PM

Just played Panther missions, very nice! Feels almost like new game now...Panther looks and feels great :up: Winter missions with Tiger are also lots of fun. Framerates are much better now tough some work is still needed there. Also got some crashes but fortunately between missions, not in the middle of them. All in all, it's much better package now than it was few years ago, keep up the good work!

Knightspel 04-21-15 09:27 AM

By the way, IF possible in future, i would like some Panther missions where action doesen't start right when you jump in the tank, kinda like second mission was in original TvsT. Adds immersion to drive a bit without knowing exactly what will waiting you there :yep:

Ps. can't remember wich button takes screenies?

ZeeWolf 04-21-15 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightspel (Post 2308300)
By the way, IF possible in future, i would like some Panther missions where action doesen't start right when you jump in the tank, kinda like second mission was in original TvsT. Adds immersion to drive a bit without knowing exactly what will waiting you there :yep:

Ps. can't remember wich button takes screenies?

Thanks Kamerad,
Don't worry new missions on their way. As for time before enemy engagement with
a little travel time, I like that too, but others like short and sweet, so I have a mix. :up:

As for taking screen shots- make sure the Num Lock key is off (little Keyboard light off)
then use the Prt Screen Key (SysRq Key). This produces a .BMP file that is huge, so,
make sure to convert them to .JPG file, non-progressive, 80- 90% quality.:know:

Bewegung schnell ! :arrgh!:

ZW :salute:

Sepp von Ch. 04-26-15 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightspel (Post 2308300)
By the way, IF possible in future, i would like some Panther missions where action doesen't start right when you jump in the tank, kinda like second mission was in original TvsT. Adds immersion to drive a bit without knowing exactly what will waiting you there :yep:

Yep, I appreciate this post. I'd like to see more Tiger missions where action doesen't start right when you jump in the tank.

This is a tank sim, not en action game. I'd enjoyed your great Tiger and Panther mod, Zee:rock:

ZeeWolf 04-26-15 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sepp von Ch. (Post 2309720)
Yep, I appreciate this post. I'd like to see more Tiger missions where action doesen't start right when you jump in the tank.

This is a tank sim, not en action game. I'd enjoyed your great Tiger and Panther mod, Zee:rock:

I hear ya Kameraden. :up:
After Knightspel's post I decided to finish the Leningrad Front map and release it with
this up coming Update. :)

The first mission will take place on 13th Jan.1943 the Soviet blockade breakthrough.
This battle had Tigers from the sPz.Abt. 502 (prior Otto Carias) and this was
heavy fighting. With three platoons of Panzers (4 Tigers and 8 Panzer IIIs), rushed to
the Gorodok area in support of the 96th Infantry Div.

Also included in this release, that has been along waited, the is the crash issue fix.:know:
I am depending on you guys to provide me with feed back I could not get myself.:yep:

I am still working on new texture maps for the playable Tigers and will not be finished
for this Update though.:wah:

VOR!

ZW :salute:

Knightspel 04-28-15 10:02 AM

Incoming update sounds great, really looking forward to Leningrad front (and crash fix) :up:

By the way, i just tested MMP7 mod first time. I like both mods very much and while overall Project Zeewolf is clearly winner there is couple of points wich i like bit more in MMP mod.

First off is sounds of Maybach, in MMP mod it does have very lovely and powerful roar. Makes me feel aggressive!

Second is the feel of weight of the Tiger, in MMP mod i have to use smaller gears in deeper hills and overall Tiger is less maneuverable. Also i have to use all gears in acceleration, can't use higher gears straigth away. This makes it feel like actual HEAVY panzer and i believe is closer to how it was in reality.

These aren't of course deal breakers in any means, small things but maybe you can look after once you have time...

Please take this as constructive feedback, not criticism :)

Salut! :salute:

ZeeWolf 04-28-15 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightspel (Post 2310167)
Incoming update sounds great, really looking forward to Leningrad front (and crash fix) :up:

By the way, i just tested MMP7 mod first time. I like both mods very much and while overall Project Zeewolf is clearly winner there is couple of points wich i like bit more in MMP mod.

First off is sounds of Maybach, in MMP mod it does have very lovely and powerful roar. Makes me feel aggressive!

Second is the feel of weight of the Tiger, in MMP mod i have to use smaller gears in deeper hills and overall Tiger is less maneuverable. Also i have to use all gears in acceleration, can't use higher gears straigth away. This makes it feel like actual HEAVY panzer and i believe is closer to how it was in reality.

These aren't of course deal breakers in any means, small things but maybe you can look after once you have time...

Please take this as constructive feedback, not criticism :)

Salut! :salute:

Hi Knightspel, your feedback is great. :salute:
The sounds are easy to modify and replace- but finding new ones that's my problem.
The heaviness of the Tiger and Panther has been modified (thanks to another kamerad
who provided feedback) and will be in this upcoming update too.:yep:

Small things yes, but, small things are what makes the deference. :up:

TIGERS VOR!

ZW :salute:

Knightspel 04-29-15 08:08 AM

That is great to hear, and nice timing too :up:

About sounds, could any of youtube videos used or are they all too bad quality?
There is plenty of KT videos now, few examples (my god i love that Maybach roar):

https://youtu.be/9cuFDhlPTZM <this video from 2:00 you can hear it revving without rattle of tracks

https://youtu.be/NwdxCqLxNSU

Tiger 1:

https://youtu.be/dXP0QhbBDC8

https://youtu.be/ROnb5ouBjNc

https://youtu.be/QhA51aL6euQ

Oh and let's not forget the awesome Panther:

https://youtu.be/QsodIneQGzI

ZeeWolf 04-30-15 03:55 PM

April 2015 UPDATE Complete!
 
OK Kameraden!
April 2015's UPDATE is done and uploaded to the server. :rock:

This new Linengrad mission is perdee awesome. It is not for Gandhi that's for sure.:o
More like total war in the frozen Motherland. You guys might like it as much as I do.

It starts out in the middle of the woods were you have to drive about 2Km to the front
lines. If your driving skills aren't that good this is where you can improve them.
The forest is such you can easily miss the trees while maintaining 8kph in 3rd gear.
But the fight starts when you emerge on the front line at the edge of that forest, that's
where all hell breaks lose. :arrgh!:

More tech stuff is included too, along with some visual changes that you will be quick
to notice. Overall this is allot of completed work and more is on the way. :yep:

If you have not installed the earlier updates, that's ok, this one will bring you current
since the 2015 foundation file. :shucks:

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW :salute:

Sepp von Ch. 05-01-15 02:34 AM

Wow, thank you, Lenigrad front! I've been waiting long time for Leingrad front and sPz.Abt. 502´tiger and I can finally play it!

This mod (your work) make me very happy!

Only me and my Tiger in Leingrad area. Pure happiness.


http://s11.postimg.org/5paak9pj3/142...cia_normal.jpg
http://s7.postimg.org/8onen25qv/12ss_gitarre.jpg

Knightspel 05-01-15 05:29 AM

Great work with update, many thanks! Just played new mission, nice practice for driving and shooting althought i'm personally more fan of "more tactics, less action" type missions. Unfortunately crashes seems to be still there, need to play more and reprt back the if they still happens as much as before. :salute:

Knightspel 05-01-15 09:51 AM

Allright, after some more playing it seems crashes still happens but not so often as before. Good! Also great work with weight thing, both Tiger & panther feels much more believable now. Some fine tuning may still needed as now, if i change gears from sixth to first straight away (not realistic way, i know) tanks sometime almost flipped over. I don't think that happened before? Also if i'll do tight turns at higher speed tanks sometimes slides weirdly, maybe they need to make less maneuverable at higher speeds? Anyway, this update is definitely step to right direction, keep up the good work! :salute:

ZeeWolf 05-01-15 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightspel (Post 2310878)
Allright, after some more playing it seems crashes still happens but not so often as before. Good! Also great work with weight thing, both Tiger & panther feels much more believable now. Some fine tuning may still needed as now, if i change gears from sixth to first straight away (not realistic way, i know) tanks sometime almost flipped over. I don't think that happened before? Also if i'll do tight turns at higher speed tanks sometimes slides weirdly, maybe they need to make less maneuverable at higher speeds? Anyway, this update is definitely step to right direction, keep up the good work! :salute:

Great feedback Knightspel. Did you clear cache after you installed Update? Also
check if you can go to another mission now with out a crash. These are the things that
I first noticed that I was on the right track. :hmmm:

And the weight thing, I'll keep tweaking it. Although, when you consider in reality if a
heavy unit goes from hi-speed and down shifts rapidly the energy would dissipate by
blowing up the transmission. And like wise for the hi-speed turn the energy transfer
would cause a huge plowing of the earth etc.. :know:

I would love to see the ground in TvT allow sinking and plowing but that is impossible
for TvT. :wah:

Don't worry Kamraden, the work goes on!

ZW :salute:

ZeeWolf 05-01-15 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sepp von Ch. (Post 2310816)
Wow, thank you, Lenigrad front! I've been waiting long time for Leingrad front and sPz.Abt. 502´tiger and I can finally play it!

This mod (your work) make me very happy!

Only me and my Tiger in Leingrad area. Pure happiness.


http://s11.postimg.org/5paak9pj3/142...cia_normal.jpg
http://s7.postimg.org/8onen25qv/12ss_gitarre.jpg

The sPz.Abt. 502 had it ruff during the 1943 battle of "Operation Spark". :arrgh!:

Tigers VOR!

ZW :salute:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2022 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.