SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Development Updates (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226377)

Usurpator 04-24-20 03:33 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
This week we've continued working on the voice chat. We are making progress and hope to release a new patch shortly.

Usurpator 04-30-20 05:33 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
The voice chat is almost ready. We are doing some final testing right now to make sure everything is working properly. We'll release the update next week.

Fidd 04-30-20 01:27 PM

I'm interested, and a little concerned, as to how this will be implemented. Specifically if it's inter-boat or only intra-boat voice comms. It seems to me that if it's inter-boat, then there's a huge potential problem of (say) the crewman on one boat mistakenly trying to comply with the orders of a captain on a different boat.

Added to the issues with inter-boat voice comms, is that of simply not wishing to hear puerile conversations from an idiot on a different boat.

So, unless Wolfpack vox-comms are limited to within a single boat, it's likely cause more issues than it solves.

If the implementation is only single-boat, then this will create situations where occasionally captains will want to hop onto another boat's channel, so it's likely players will continue to use Discord or similar anyway, however, there's now the additional issue of that player simultaneously hearing two transmissions, one on discord and one on WPvoice….

So i'm struggling a bit here to see the point of native game voice comms, especially if they're lobby-wide once within the game.

derstosstrupp 04-30-20 05:12 PM

It’s limited to a single boat, it’s going to mimic reality, distance would be a factor etc, you certainly won’t be able to hear people on other boats.

DrDanilov 05-01-20 06:46 AM

discord is not realistic, its cool then u can talk in boat with voicechat and talk to other boats with radio and enigma

GreyLynx 05-01-20 09:52 AM

I’m puzzled by the fact that one can communicate by voice with all other players using Discord while in reality U-Boats communicated using HF radios in CW (Morse Code). To communicate between boats at very short distance, they used Signal Lamps (Aldis Lamps in the RCN) and Semaphore, not to keep Radio Silence, but because I read nowhere that they had VHF or UHF AM/FM Transceivers on board for voice communication. On the other hand, the allied warships were equipped with short range voice transceivers.
Therefore, the use of Enigma and CW Transmitter in the game is as useless as t…s on a bull, unless it is used for communicating with BdU, which at this point is not implemented.

neistridlar 05-07-20 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyLynx (Post 2667358)
I’m puzzled by the fact that one can communicate by voice with all other players using Discord while in reality U-Boats communicated using HF radios in CW (Morse Code).

Discord is entirely separate from Wolfpack, so I don't see how that should be puzzling?

I'm looking forward to having voice comms In game in a somewhat realistic, more immersive manner. I do wonder though how it will affect gameplay though. For instance will the sonarman/radio operator hear the captain when he is on the bridge? Will walls block the sound? Will it matter which way you are facing? IRL, when in the open at sea, there is almost nothing to reflect sound, so speech becomes very directional. That is I would not expect the captain, on the bridge to hear the deck gunner if the gunner is facing is facing forward.

Onkel Neal 05-08-20 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyLynx (Post 2667358)
I’m puzzled by the fact that one can communicate by voice with all other players using Discord while in reality U-Boats communicated using HF radios in CW (Morse Code). To communicate between boats at very short distance, they used Signal Lamps (Aldis Lamps in the RCN) and Semaphore, not to keep Radio Silence, but because I read nowhere that they had VHF or UHF AM/FM Transceivers on board for voice communication. On the other hand, the allied warships were equipped with short range voice transceivers.
Therefore, the use of Enigma and CW Transmitter in the game is as useless as t…s on a bull, unless it is used for communicating with BdU, which at this point is not implemented.

Solution: don't use Discord after this coming update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neistridlar (Post 2668889)
Discord is entirely separate from Wolfpack, so I don't see how that should be puzzling?

I'm looking forward to having voice comms In game in a somewhat realistic, more immersive manner. I do wonder though how it will affect gameplay though. For instance will the sonarman/radio operator hear the captain when he is on the bridge? Will walls block the sound? Will it matter which way you are facing? IRL, when in the open at sea, there is almost nothing to reflect sound, so speech becomes very directional. That is I would not expect the captain, on the bridge to hear the deck gunner if the gunner is facing is facing forward.

This is your lucky day, my friend. :)

Usurpator 05-08-20 10:32 AM

In-game voice chat

Hello everyone!
This week we are releasing patch 0.23.
This patch includes in-game voice chat, and a number of bug fixes.
Settings for the microphone and voice volume can be found in
the options menu under Audio options.
The push to talk key button can be bound in the key bindings menu.

In the game lobby, the host can choose if the game should be played
with or without realistic voice attenuation.
With realistic voice attenuation enabled, voices are hindered by walls.
Without it you can hear players all over the boat.
In both cases, the direction of the voice is calculated.
In realistic voice mode you can also use the voice tube on the bridge.

Patch notes:
Added voice chat.
Added realistic voice attenuation.
Added bridge/control room voice tube.
It is now possible to clear keybindings by
using backspace in the keybind menu.
Convoys now change direction after going back to idle on
normal difficulty.
Convoys now periodically change direction on hard difficulty.
The starboard EOT now has the command to
increase RPM on both engines, while the port EOT decreases
RPM on both engines.
Added description and uptime to lobby list.
Fixed flying sub bug.
The top hatch now blocks voice communication.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/stea...386564e387.jpg

Wolfpack345 05-08-20 11:45 PM

Wow this is great! I can't wait to try the in game Voip! Thanks guys for your hard work! :up:

Aktungbby 05-09-20 02:15 AM

welcome back!

DrDanilov!:Kaleun_Salute: the infamous :subsim: seven-year-itch stikes again!:yeah:

Sparkcat46 05-10-20 04:09 AM

Added bearing indicator to UZO

Hi, my UZO does not show any bearings, is their something I have missed?

blackswan40 05-10-20 04:51 AM

Hi Sparkcat46 Whats your Screen resolution i have set mine to 1920 x 1080

and i see the bearing on the Uzo in Wolfpack i have a GTX 1650 4gig Gpu

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pic...ictureid=11080

Sparkcat46 05-10-20 06:11 AM

Thanks Blackswan40, that was it, max setting is 2560x1440 based on my PC

DrDanilov 05-13-20 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2669363)
DrDanilov!:Kaleun_Salute: the infamous :subsim: seven-year-itch stikes again!:yeah:

i dont understand that does it mean, but just in case - thank you :)))