SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM 3 Super-mod (Current: 3.6 F, January 13th 2015) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231)

1akula1 10-15-18 02:22 PM

Kiel locks

Hi!

Is there a working mod that adds Kiel canal locks to NYGM? I find this mod to be by far the best mod for SH3 in terms of gameplay since it doesn't allow you to pull a Kretschmer every single campaign with ease!

I just miss old Kiel canal from LSH/GWX and that would make it perfect!

:Kaleun_Salute:

Kelly621 10-15-18 08:10 PM

Canal

I remember seeing something about Nautilus42's Kiel Canal Locks mod. I do know that it part of a combination mod for GWX on the 5th page of the Graphics download section here at subsim, but I have no idea if his mod is available separately or that it will work with NYGM....maybe someone else here would know.

Kelly621

1akula1 10-16-18 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly621 (Post 2572718)
I remember seeing something about Nautilus42's Kiel Canal Locks mod. I do know that it part of a combination mod for GWX on the 5th page of the Graphics download section here at subsim, but I have no idea if his mod is available separately or that it will work with NYGM....maybe someone else here would know.

Kelly621

Thanks! I found the GWX combination in downloads but can't find standalone Nautilus42 Kiel locks mod.

Edit: I believe I managed to extract GWX and St. Naz. stuff out of it and got it working (to my surprise)...Its not an animated version of locks like in LSH but it still looks really good and is way better than plain estuary-like entrance to canal like in stock version.

Since old Trainer42's files are nowhere to be found I could upload it if it's okay with folks.

1akula1 10-16-18 04:02 PM

Kiel Locks for NYGM

So I used assets from "GWX St. Naz and Schleuse" and tinkered with it to make those sweet Kiel locks compatible for NYGM, since that was the only thing I was missing in this wonderful mod!

Tell me how you like it and I hope original author Nautilus42 doesn't mind I played with his files a little bit.

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2k9y1z..._NYGM.rar/file

:Kaleun_Salute:

Nicolas 10-21-18 03:47 PM

NYGM is my favorite big mod, however i would like to ask: does a mod that adds snorkel radar warning exists to the xxi, do other subs have snorkel radar warning? because it is safer to go on the surface it seems with radar warning than dive and be blind. Or i'm mistaken?
It is bad having the snorkel and want to use it but you can't because no radar warning.

Any help?

ArnoldR 10-21-18 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2573529)
NYGM is my favorite big mod, however i would like to ask: does a mod that adds snorkel radar warning exists to the xxi, do other subs have snorkel radar warning? because it is safer to go on the surface it seems with radar warning than dive and be blind. Or i'm mistaken?
It is bad having the snorkel and want to use it but you can't because no radar warning.

Any help?

Indeed, I've read that you must not use the XXI type in NYGM. It's bad because I like it!! But I'm at the beginning of the installation, and I will start a career in 1939. However, I would like to play with the XXI in 1944 and 1945. May I ask if there is any chance to have a mod in order to go on patrol with a type XXI in NYGM?

It's too bad to not be able to play with the last secret weapon of Germany! :down:

Nicolas 10-21-18 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArnoldR (Post 2573533)
Indeed, I've read that you must not use the XXI type in NYGM. It's bad because I like it!! But I'm at the beginning of the installation, and I will start a career in 1939. However, I would like to play with the XXI in 1944 and 1945. May I ask if there is any chance to have a mod in order to go on patrol with a type XXI in NYGM?

It's too bad to not be able to play with the last secret weapon of Germany! :down:

I reached the end of the war with it, you can use it, however my post was to see if radar warning can be added to the snorkel, because i'm sure type xxi has no radar warning on it, i don't know about the other subs though.

I love the feeling of being submerged with the snorkel, real submarine technology and that, but most probable outcome in the game is being bombed to hell.

ThePrody 10-21-18 06:04 PM

You can add the FuMB37XXIII mod for Schnorchel-Radar-receiver combination, it is provided in the NYGM3_New add-on as an optional , what i understand is that if you add the mod you will not be able to use the type XXI anymore, instead the mod also enables a type XXIII , check the "NYGMManual2_4&2_5" and the "FuMB37XXXIII readme" .pdfs that are provided in the documentation section of the NYGM3_New folder .

Nicolas 10-21-18 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePrody (Post 2573551)
You can add the FuMB37XXIII mod for Schnorchel-Radar-receiver combination, it is provided in the NYGM3_New add-on as an optional , what i understand is that if you add the mod you will not be able to use the type XXI anymore, instead the mod also enables a type XXIII , check the "NYGMManual2_4&2_5" and the "FuMB37XXXIII readme" .pdfs that are provided in the documentation section of the NYGM3_New folder .

Thanks, but it doesn't appeal to me, i prefer the xxi to finish careers i would love to have radar warning in the snorkel. Anyone can lend a hand? is it too hard to implement? i could edit some files if someone gives clues.
I tried putting fumo391 as radar warning like stiebler said in an old post but that didn't work.

Nicolas 10-21-18 10:55 PM

Ok, i made the radar warning on the xxi work. Turning fumo391 to radar warning and adding a sensor with it to the the xxi .sns file and basic.cfg so you can choose another one so it doesn't get destroyed. Thanks to some old posts and mods.

For anyone interested:

Prepare a mod to enable with jsgme.

Edit with silent editor fumo391 in sensors.dat to an radar warning instead or radar. copy the different values in fumo391 belonging to radar from another radar warning device (sweep etc all of that).
Change min sensor height to something less than 1 like 0.1.

Copy the NSS_Uboat21.sns from this mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=952
That needs to be placed in data\submarine\nss_uboat21\

I don't know if the following step is neccesary but:

edit basic.cfg

search for 1279 and delete that entry the whole of it.

Add this to the end of items in section EQUIP5

NameIdx8=1279
Year8=1943
Month8=12
NbSub8=1
Sub80=3; Type XXI
Renown8=0
Name8=FuMO391

In the same section EQUIP5 change this:

[EQUIP5]; Radar Warning Receiver
DaysSpent=3; 2
Nb=9;;7; zeta/Anvart/Stiebler <----------------- from 8 to 9.
NameIdx0=1280
Year0=1942
Month0=8
NbSub0=4
Sub00=0
Sub01=1
Sub02=2
Sub03=3
Renown0=0; 100
Name0=FuMB1Metox

Save all modified files to your new mod and enable it. Thats it.

AND, don't choose fumo391 in equipment screen choose another one. The device will be added automatically if you want to change the date that becomes available edit the .sns file (search for fumo391).

ArnoldR 10-22-18 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2573572)
Ok, i made the radar warning on the xxi work. Turning fumo391 to radar warning and adding a sensor with it to the the xxi .sns file and basic.cfg so you can choose another one so it doesn't get destroyed. Thanks to some old posts and mods.

For anyone interested:

Prepare a mod to enable with jsgme.

Edit with silent editor fumo391 in sensors.dat to an radar warning instead or radar. copy the different values in fumo391 belonging to radar from another radar warning device (sweep etc all of that).
Change min sensor height to something less than 1 like 0.1.

Copy the NSS_Uboat21.sns from this mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=952
That needs to be placed in data\submarine\nss_uboat21\

I don't know if the following step is neccesary but:

edit basic.cfg

search for 1279 and delete that entry the whole of it.

Add this to the end of items in section EQUIP5

NameIdx8=1279
Year8=1943
Month8=12
NbSub8=1
Sub80=3; Type XXI
Renown8=0
Name8=FuMO391

In the same section EQUIP5 change this:

[EQUIP5]; Radar Warning Receiver
DaysSpent=3; 2
Nb=9;;7; zeta/Anvart/Stiebler <----------------- from 8 to 9.
NameIdx0=1280
Year0=1942
Month0=8
NbSub0=4
Sub00=0
Sub01=1
Sub02=2
Sub03=3
Renown0=0; 100
Name0=FuMB1Metox

Save all modified files to your new mod and enable it. Thats it.

AND, don't choose fumo391 in equipment screen choose another one. The device will be added automatically if you want to change the date that becomes available edit the .sns file (search for fumo391).

Thanks for sharing!! But.........that sounds like black magic to me!! :o

.......Is it reallt working?

Nicolas 10-22-18 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArnoldR (Post 2573574)
Thanks for sharing!! But.........that sounds like black magic to me!! :o

.......Is it reallt working?

I tested it submerged in port and yes it works. Even a little antenna on top of the snorkel shows.

ArnoldR 10-22-18 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2573598)
I tested it submerged in port and yes it works. Even a little antenna on top of the snorkel shows.

Wow!!!! That's fantastic!!!
:Kaleun_Smile: :Kaleun_Applaud:

Maybe, when you're sure the mod is well working, you can share with us the mod foilder. I can't install myself, because I understand nothing in what you said above..... :oops:

Nicolas 10-22-18 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArnoldR (Post 2573665)
Wow!!!! That's fantastic!!!
:Kaleun_Smile: :Kaleun_Applaud:

Maybe, when you're sure the mod is well working, you can share with us the mod foilder. I can't install myself, because I understand nothing in what you said above..... :oops:

OK here you are
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238920

Just tested it in my career, had to edit the original files since my files are heavily tweaked.

ArnoldR 10-23-18 11:33 AM

Wow!! Thank you Sir!!!!
:salute: