SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Journey's End for The Grey Wolves Mod Team (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583)

Kptlt Thomsen 01-14-10 02:22 AM

A heartfelt Auf Wiedersehn

To the captain and crew of the GWX team, I wish calm seas, fair skies and may the wind always be at your backs. Although I was not here in the forums much, I can tell you that I am a huge SH fan, III in particular and your mods were indeed a golden find for me.

Even though you are now disbanded, I hope that the works you have completed in the past will still be available for future captains. Figuratively speaking, you took a blank canvas and produced a Rembrandt masterpiece. Go now...and rest. You've earned it.

Auf Weiderdsehn and Godspeed.

KL Thomsen

Jimbuna 01-14-10 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kptlt Thomsen (Post 1236183)
To the captain and crew of the GWX team, I wish calm seas, fair skies and may the wind always be at your backs. Although I was not here in the forums much, I can tell you that I am a huge SH fan, III in particular and your mods were indeed a golden find for me.

Even though you are now disbanded, I hope that the works you have completed in the past will still be available for future captains. Figuratively speaking, you took a blank canvas and produced a Rembrandt masterpiece. Go now...and rest. You've earned it.

Auf Weiderdsehn and Godspeed.

KL Thomsen

Danke Kaleun...we have ensured links to the work remain accessable http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

Aether 01-20-10 05:28 PM

I found out about this late... heck, I found out about GWX 4 at the same time as hearing that the GWX team was disbanding. In my not at all humble opinion, GWX has been the best thing for sub sims, vanilla SH leaves some jarring accuracy bugs and the alternative games are either arcade wall paper paste or require you to have attended real submarine training just to figure how to use the sonar.

GWX made you feel like you were the commander of a U-Boat, and clearly Ubisoft have realised this in what they are planning with SH5, the only regrets I have with the series is that they never took a leave out of Valve or Dice's book and hired you lot. I wish you all the best, and whilst I hope GWX5 isn't needed, if I hear that you are making it, then I will happily travel to mount doom and back for you guys.

609_Avatar 01-20-10 08:27 PM

Late to the party as usual but I just wanted to add my thanks for all you guys have done for us. I can't imagine playing SH3 without any of your goodness... it made a good game great!

You guys obviously deserve what ever rest you need/want. All that you have done was and is greatly appreciated.

Kpt. Lehmann 01-21-10 02:47 AM

Aether, 609_Avatar,

On behalf of the entire GWX Dev Team and Crew... Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

SINK'EM ALL!!! :up::up::up:

Jimbuna 01-21-10 05:00 PM

SINK EM ALL!! guys http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

difool2 01-27-10 12:18 AM

Extremely vain hope, but I just had to ask: in light of the recent news about SH5 (<ahem> DRM <ahem>), would you guys reconsider your decision to not mod SH4? Or are too many guys scattered to the 4 winds now, even if you did?

Jimbuna 01-27-10 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by difool2 (Post 1247754)
Extremely vain hope, but I just had to ask: in light of the recent news about SH5 (<ahem> DRM <ahem>), would you guys reconsider your decision to not mod SH4? Or are too many guys scattered to the 4 winds now, even if you did?

I don't want to give the impression I am speaking on behalf of the team, but at this point in time I think it highly unlikely.

Reece 01-28-10 03:29 AM

That's a shame!!:doh:

urfisch 01-28-10 04:42 AM

hmmm...interesting discussion here.

KL-alfman 01-28-10 04:59 AM

GWX3 opened up a whole new world in simulations for me.
never before (in a 20y-career of game-playing) a release got me so hooked to it like SH3/GWX3.

I just like to express my gratefulness for your efforts, your achievements and your team spirit.
I bow humbly before your creation.

stabiz 01-28-10 08:06 AM

Aww, crap! I recently posted in the SH5 DRM-debacle that at least we would have GWX for SH4.:wah:

Thank you for the monster mod that is GWX.:salute:

Capt. Willard 01-29-10 02:31 PM

Thank You all soo much for making this game what it should have been all along! Very sad to hear you are closing up shop but the reasons are valid.
I just hope after a good rest and some time that the creative part of you will outweigh the burdens of life and drive you to fix the inevitable errors that sh5 will surely ship with. Fair weather and following seas to you!:salute:

ryanglavin 01-30-10 09:14 PM

I love the GWX Team. They gave me my dream of the U.S. Navy and now I'm trying to work my butt off to get into Annapolis to get my own submarine... Without these guys I would probably be a derelict student with no real goals in life. Ironic, as most parents saying video games make kids not want to do anything.

But, I can't be the only person who has the feeling that someones gonna "change" SH5 soon...

"cough" GWX won't end IMO "cough"

Jimbuna 01-31-10 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanglavin (Post 1253276)
I love the GWX Team. They gave me my dream of the U.S. Navy and now I'm trying to work my butt off to get into Annapolis to get my own submarine... Without these guys I would probably be a derelict student with no real goals in life. Ironic, as most parents saying video games make kids not want to do anything.

But, I can't be the only person who has the feeling that someones gonna "change" SH5 soon...

"cough" GWX won't end IMO "cough"

Permit me to wish you every success and advancement possible in your efforts. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif