SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   UBOAT (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=281)
-   -   UBOOT - new game (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225973)

Faamecanic 09-16-19 08:15 PM

I just bought the game this weekend and VERY happy with it...even in Alpha Stage.

Great game play. Although I will say SOME of the micromanaging is silly (really..you guys can flip a red light on at night, white during day, and blue to silent running?, or having to manually move food from stowage to the galley? I should be able to just load the galley up, and some spare food at port and the cook should move it). But other aspects I really like.

My biggest complaint is how quickly discipline goes down. One good engagement and I go from 100% to 20%? And all we did was sink 4 ships... hell discipline should be HIGH (Morale is more appropriately the term).

But overall a BLAST to play...cant wait to see where the devs take this in a year!

Kurt Dagger 09-26-19 05:14 AM

Comrades, please tell me how to use devices for false purposes? I did not find where to install them on the boat.
I also wanted to know after receiving improvements available at the start in the headquarters assignments, would there be any new improvements?

Pisces 09-26-19 08:31 AM

"Device for false purpouses"

Does that mean "decoys"?

Kurt Dagger 09-26-19 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 2629183)
"Device for false purpouses"

Does that mean "decoys"?

Bold (a term derived from kobold) was a German sonar decoy, used by U-boats during the Second World War from 1942 onwards. It consisted of a metal canister about 10 cm (3.9 in) in diameter filled with calcium hydride.

Tell me how these devices can be activated.

Pisces 09-27-19 09:38 AM

I just responded for the clarification. It's a funny way of translating. And I only played the game in the first week. I'm not up to speed on using it.

RzTen1 12-11-19 03:16 PM

To use the decoy launcher you first have to transfer the decoys into a crew members inventory. It won't show up otherwise. You should then see a 'pill launcher' that you can use towards the rear of the boat near the torpedo tube. It should also show up when you hold down alt even if the selected crew member cannot operate it.

bclaw2004 12-21-19 09:01 AM

Brought this game a little while ago steep learning curve, especially when under attack.

Looks great latest update looks great too

THEBERBSTER 12-21-19 11:18 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > RzTen1
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

Aktungbby 12-21-19 12:46 PM

Welcome aboard!

RzTen1 !:Kaleun_Salute:

CaptainSvenski 02-02-20 06:11 PM

It does a better job of representing the Uboat life itself,most things are interactive,the interior is very detailed and available,and the crew feels very alive and they have actual needs.

But that's as far as it goes.The gameplay itself is very arcade even with max realism,and the world in which you hunt is just nowhere as dynamic and alive as Silent Hunter.Everything just seems too mission-scripted and pre-determined,and the enemy ship types are way too few.

bluegoon 06-20-20 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainSvenski (Post 2647516)
It does a better job of representing the Uboat life itself,most things are interactive,the interior is very detailed and available,and the crew feels very alive and they have actual needs.

But that's as far as it goes.The gameplay itself is very arcade even with max realism,and the world in which you hunt is just nowhere as dynamic and alive as Silent Hunter.Everything just seems too mission-scripted and pre-determined,and the enemy ship types are way too few.

The fact that this game is built on UNITY is a BIG, BIG thing, it opens it up to a tremendous amount of easily accessed modding and with workshop integration, this thing is going to become the de-facto WW2 subsim.

Buy it while it's still cheap!:up:

Aktungbby 06-20-20 10:57 AM

welcome aboard!

bluegoon!:Kaleun_Salute: after a long silent run!:up:

Skybird 12-01-20 05:08 PM

:03: I boarded the game today.

Angelis 12-02-20 03:56 AM

Happy hunting!:Kaleun_Cheers:

Magic1111 03-06-21 12:11 PM

Is there actually a manual for the game that explains the most important functions? Or training missions where the game is explained to the player?

It can't be that the player has to teach himself everything, can it?