SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Das Boot Sound Mod SH4 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150955)

in_vino_vomitus 08-02-13 03:15 AM

Probably about 20 mins, I didn't time it, but I definitely thought JSGME had crashed, the first time I loaded it

Admiral Halsey 08-02-13 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in_vino_vomitus (Post 2094107)
Probably about 20 mins, I didn't time it, but I definitely thought JSGME had crashed, the first time I loaded it

Twenty minutes? Well that gives me some time to read The Killer Angels.(Best book about Gettysburg I ever read.)

in_vino_vomitus 08-02-13 02:59 PM

That's fast reading........

Admiral Halsey 08-02-13 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in_vino_vomitus (Post 2094387)
That's fast reading........

I didn't read the whole thing.(I did once read the whole King James bible in 4 hours. though.)

Sailor Steve 08-02-13 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey (Post 2094064)
How long does it normally take to install via JGSME?

Quote:

Originally Posted by in_vino_vomitus (Post 2094107)
Probably about 20 mins

That sounds about right. It does pretty much swap out the whole sound folder.

Tomi_099 08-02-13 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2094429)
That sounds about right. It does pretty much swap out the whole sound folder.

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:
Great Mod !! --> Thank YOU !!!

airsangel 08-03-13 02:52 AM

well i changed my mind this mod is better than spax speech fix....but what i totally want and its crazy is a mix between spax DBSM ( this one ) and the last is one i just found its DBSM but for SH5....i dunno if that mod will even work with shIV or not ?? any ideas guys
aand btw..2 late but i want to thank you Sailor Steve for this wonderful sound mod and yes its full of sounds...more than spax...

1 question with the latest OM + Omegu i got installed by default there is german crew speaking german ? would this sound mod...add better sounds did you try and test that ?

Sailor Steve 08-03-13 01:02 PM

Yes, SH5 sounds will work with SH4. The speech files are all .ogg and the sound files are all .wav.What you need to do is get a good free Sound Converter that lets you listen to .ogg files. www.goldwave.com is a good one. You can use it to listen and compare sound files, then put in the one you want to create your own personalized sound set.

As far as I know neither OM nor OMEGU change any sound files. I could be wrong, though, and I have no way of checking at present.

airsangel 08-03-13 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2094753)
Yes, SH5 sounds will work with SH4. The speech files are all .ogg and the sound files are all .wav.What you need to do is get a good free Sound Converter that lets you listen to .ogg files. www.goldwave.com is a good one. You can use it to listen and compare sound files, then put in the one you want to create your own personalized sound set.

As far as I know neither OM nor OMEGU change any sound files. I could be wrong, though, and I have no way of checking at present.

i would try that for sh5 sound files ....about OM +OMEGU v300 and latest patch i tried again it defnitley has german speaking crew everything in german....though the sound folder is alot less in size than your sound mod...would need complete review on which gives more immersion...i tried once still cant set my mind because it takes like 10 mins to install the mod and compare how crew speaks...but again thanks sailor steve

Sailor Steve 08-03-13 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airsangel (Post 2094774)
i tried once still cant set my mind because it takes like 10 mins to install the mod and compare how crew speaks...but again thanks sailor steve

It doesn't take any time at all to install Goldwave and load and compare them one-at-a-time. Well, the comparing takes awhile, but I find that sort of thing to be fun. :D

A Hidden Soul 03-02-14 04:57 PM

Is there another download link anywhere other than subsim? I've exceeded my download amount...which is a pain because the German side has so many...

Sailor Steve 03-02-14 05:25 PM

I didn't upload it anywhere else, so as far as I'm aware the answer is no. You should be okay tomorrow. Of course I post a lot and I also donate, so I have no problems. Sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest.

captgeo 03-14-14 08:30 PM

Great work Steve......:up::yeah:

TheGreatElector 05-21-14 07:55 PM

Thanks sailor steve, have bein looking for a german voice mod for the longest for SH4. thanks:sunny::subsim: