SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [WIP] TMO: Nine Delta Two (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171443)

kurfürst 08-10-10 11:55 AM

Well, I´m a bloody "Kraut", sitting in Germany, and enjoy playing SH IV with a very realistic Mod called "Operation Monsun" (created by an American, by the way). I received much help from another American who builded a very realistic "Schnelltauchback", and now I see another American doing that great "Nine Delta Two" Mod.
I can only say a big "Thanks" to these Americans;without your talented work this game would look a lot poorer. Good that the game has fallen into your hands.
Whoever says that you can´t build a realistic game should proof that he can do a lot better than you or shut up!

Kurfürst :salute:

Jan Kyster 08-11-10 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus (Post 1463819)
Apparently American's cannot do a sub sim with historical accuracy...

Yeah! Like Kapt. Lehmann and the GWX-gang, Lurker, OakGroove, Vickers, Webster, Reece and on and on and on...

We've all seen what they are able to to do... :nope:

But seriously, Ducimus. It's very unfair against us, your thousands of devoted users, to let one unknown man's stupid opinion take you down that road.

Sailor Steve 08-11-10 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurfürst (Post 1464161)
I can only say a big "Thanks" to these Americans;without your talented work this game would look a lot poorer. Good that the game has fallen into your hands.
Whoever says that you can´t build a realistic game should proof that he can do a lot better than you or shut up!

Kurfürst :salute:

Thank you. As an American I would like to add all the Brits, Aussies, Frenchmen, Finns, Danes, Norwegians, Russians and many others (including Germans of course) who have combined to make great games and great mods over the years. We are a multinational community and, as with engineering, music, movies, food and anything else in life talent knows no bounds. Not national, racial, sexual, age or any others. The only losers here are the ones who fail to see that.

Oh, I left out the Romanians who gave us these games in the first place.

modisch 08-11-10 03:28 PM

Ducimus,

I've been a fan of your work since the early days of your "Flavored to Taste" mod... and remember the earlier days of picking SH4 apart trying to find and fix the countless problems the game shipped with.

So I just wanted to take a moment to say, thanks for all your work... and your countless quittings and returnings.

Also, if you're having trouble with names for your U-Boat mod... here are some suggestions...

Serious:
Fire All Tubes
Dönitz' Devils
Untersee Rudel (Undersea Group)
War Under the Waves

Goofy:
Set Dive Planes to Awesome!
Rig for Awesomeness
Unterseedachshundboot
Sink or be Sunk (SOBS)
Emergency Blow!

Of course, you don't have to use any of these... but I thought it might be fun to see what names folks could come up with. Especially without the use of "wolves".

Cheers,

-m

Ducimus 08-11-10 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Kyster (Post 1464702)
But seriously, Ducimus. It's very unfair against us, your thousands of devoted users, to let one unknown man's stupid opinion take you down that road.

And here i thought i was well known for my sarcasm and snide commentary. If i stop working on something, it will be because I burned out, nobody was interested in what i was working on, or don't have the time due things in RL.

Reece 08-11-10 08:29 PM

Whew!:oops::woot:

Jan Kyster 08-12-10 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus (Post 1465263)
And here i thought i was well known for my sarcasm and snide commentary...

You're known for so many things http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/biggrin3.gif

But even I, the most laid-back person north of the Alps, almost snapped by that stupid remark, sooo.... but glad you're a good sport! :up:

Happy Modding!

Munchausen 08-12-10 03:14 PM

Quote:

If i stop working on something, it will be because I burned out, nobody was interested in what i was working on, or don't have the time due things in RL.

:cool: Hopefully, this time it's because you're concentrating on the next fleet boat update.

Reece 08-12-10 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen (Post 1466002)
:cool: Hopefully, this time it's because you're concentrating on the next fleet boat update.

No! Nine Delta Two update!:O:

Ducimus 08-13-10 02:58 PM

One thing at a time. :haha:

h.sie 08-14-10 06:44 AM

please continue your good work.

kurfürst 08-16-10 02:59 PM

Bachstelze?

Hi Ducimus,

just curious to know if there´s a chance to get a "Bachstelze" in your Nine Delta Two Mod? You know, these little "Hubschraubers" which had been towed behind the IX D2´s to spot enemy shipping far away?

Beste Grüße, Kurfürst :salute:

BUKER 08-16-10 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurfürst (Post 1469439)
Hi Ducimus,

just curious to know if there´s a chance to get a "Bachstelze" in your Nine Delta Two Mod? You know, these little "Hubschraubers" which had been towed behind the IX D2´s to spot enemy shipping far away?

Beste Grüße, Kurfürst :salute:

Not a bad idea!:up::up::wah::wah:

peabody 08-16-10 08:24 PM

Quote:

And here i thought i was well known for my sarcasm and snide commentary.

If it helps any, I think you are sarcastic and snide-ish......:O:

Peabody

Sailor Steve 08-16-10 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peabody (Post 1469675)
If it helps any, I think you are sarcastic and snide-ish......:O:

Peabody

And here I thought he was snidetastic and arcade-ish... :D