SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] The SH5 EcoMod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239310)

Jeff-Groves 02-11-19 01:01 PM

OldCoder,

Can you send me your source code or could you add the needed code to do a area search function? Say something where we can search all heights for a given square?

I could add the code but it may be awhile. Real life business has me REAL busy just now.

Picture doing bids for 4 jobs all over the U.S.A. and trying to get motels and man power in line!
That runs the range from Down town Cleveland to Dallas, Texas.

gap 02-11-19 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2591121)
OldCoder,

Can you send me your source code or could you add the needed code to do a area search function? Say something where we can search all heights for a given square?

That would be awesome... :up:

...if only I could get that code to work lol :-?

So here are all the Visual C++ redistributables I have installed on my system (I suppose that VC++ 2015 red. and VC++ 2015 red. update 3 get overwritten by VC++ 2017 red, because I don't see them in the list even though I had installed them today:

...and this one was my last attempt to run the exe: :doh:

gap 02-11-19 06:59 PM

Okay, I have probably found the culprit:

I have VCRUNTIME140.dll in my windows\system32 folder. Nonetheless OldCoder's program throws a missing VCRUNTIME140D.dll error (see that litthe D?).

VCRUNTIME140D.dll is the debug version of VCRUNTIME140.dll, and it is not redistributable, that's why it is missing from my system.

Possible solutions:

@ OldCoder would it be possible for you to compile your executable with release settings?

If not, I will try and install a basic version of Visual Studio, to see if it registers on my computer the DLL(s) required by your exe. :salute:

OldCoder 02-12-19 09:50 AM

Ok I just sent you both a link to the source code so you can adapt it to requirements, but also inside the zip is a recompiled Release cfg exe which you can try gap.

gap 02-12-19 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2591243)
Ok I just sent you both a link to the source code so you can adapt it to requirements, but also inside the zip is a recompiled Release cfg exe which you can try gap.

Thank you very much!

I have received your files. The recompiled exe works now, though, whatever stepping value is used as its argument, the resulting .txt output contains 1,442.401 (i.e. 1,201 x 1,201) height points, which is equal to one third of the original resolution (stepping factor = 3).

For our purposes we need to apply a stepping factor of 1.5. Using that value I would expect an output containing 5,764,801 (i.e. 2,401 x 2,401) height points.

Any idea on why the stepping factor doesn't work and how to fix it? I have the source code that you sent me, but I know nothing about C++, and even if I started learning it today, I am afraid it would take long before I could figure out the problem by myself :hmm2:

bstanko6 02-13-19 02:57 AM

I placed the mod in the following order:

main
Season Fine tuning
Full resolution tree textures
full resolution detail masks
x2 trees

No lag, but I can see with my bino little black spots in the sky above the trees. probably has to do with that 3d turn in place issue you are talking about. Is that normal?

gap 02-13-19 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2591386)
I placed the mod in the following order:

main
Season Fine tuning
Full resolution tree textures
full resolution detail masks
x2 trees

No lag, but I can see with my bino little black spots in the sky above the trees. probably has to do with that 3d turn in place issue you are talking about. Is that normal?

Do you mean tiny lines along the borders of the tree "billboards"?

bstanko6 02-13-19 05:13 AM

They are little lines floating above the trees so I think yes?

I think we are talking about the same thing.

gap 02-13-19 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2591393)
They are little lines floating above the trees so I think yes?

I think we are talking about the same thing.

Okay, I don't think that this is something related with the "3d turn in place issue", but let me guess: do you have a Nvidia gfx card?

In any case: try disabling the 'full resolution tree textures' submod and, if that doesn't solve your problem, try enabling in its place the "low resolution tree textures" one. By using lower resolution tree textures you shouldn't loose too much: for memory saving reasons, SH5's hard-coded tree shading/downsampling/transparency sorting methods are pretty "coarse", and increasing texture size doesn't increase the final tree rendering quality in any significant matter :yep:

bstanko6 02-13-19 12:12 PM

I will test later. Just for your info the little lines only appear when I use Binos not regular view from bridge

gap 02-13-19 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2591448)
I will test later. Just for your info the little lines only appear when I use Binos not regular view from bridge

Okay, you didn't answer my question though: do you have a Nvidia gfx card?

bstanko6 02-13-19 12:56 PM

I’m sorry I typed my answer but did not save. AMD 580 8gig I. Playing h now and low resolution worked!

bstanko6 02-13-19 12:59 PM

But I also changed the detail mask to low. I’m going to play around with it

bstanko6 02-13-19 01:07 PM

It was the full resolution detail mask! Now I run with full tree resolution and low detail mask and it looks absolutely awesome. Thanks

bstanko6 02-13-19 01:28 PM

In sorry update. So in the bunker no line, but as soon as I exit... line still there. More testing.

The little line is not a problem… It’s when there’s a bunch of trees, all of those trees have lines and it becomes an issue.

I took out all tree and mask resolution and same problem