SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Development Updates (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226377)

Usurpator 01-24-20 01:04 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week we've been working on improving the netcode.
This will be pushed out in the next patch, and should fix
the "host disconnected" error that some players are getting.

Alvarez 01-25-20 10:14 AM

Hello! Recently I became the proud owner of a copy of the Wolfpack! Great job!:salute:
I would just like to make a little wish. To calculate the AOB, have to either wait for an angle of 90 * or torpedo at random.
At one time, in a series of Silent Hunter entered logarithmic ring, RAOBF. Would be great if the same will and the Wolfpack!
P.S. I know that on this forum posted a standalone application RAOBF WF VB.exe Yet, Gorazde convenient to have this device within the game.

P.P.S. The last couple of days, think about how to redraw RAOBF and drank it out of plywood, to have it in reality.

Sanatin 01-28-20 07:39 AM

Log File WP

Hello! Where i have a log file my last mission in the OS Windows 7 or Windows 10? (Mission successful bla bla bla or Mission aborted bla bla bla). I need this log file to create longtime statistic my missions automatically. Thank you!

Aktungbby 01-28-20 10:18 AM

welcome aboard!

SANATIN!:Kaleun_Salute: & ALVAREZ! :Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 01-28-20 03:08 PM

Welcome to SubSim chaps :salute:

oldhasu1 01-29-20 04:51 AM

I'm not sure if it is a topic that I should poke my nose into, but here is a couple of thoughts on game and its development. Wolfpack surely is great game we all have been missing for a long time and two great guys are putting a lot of effort to make our dreams come true. But also I think that many will agree that development of the game is pretty slow. So I wonder if we as a player base can help speed up the process? If financial reasons is the only thing stopping the team from hiring more great developers then maybe it is a good idea to let us pay more? Adding a golden account status with some cosmetic things like renaming the boat and ability to add a custom emblem, stuff like that, with regular monthly payment. I would participate in that for sure as some of my crewmates as well.

Usurpator 01-31-20 10:12 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone! This week we have been working on improving the net code. We are not quite finished yet, but the updated net code will be published in the next patch.

GreyLynx 01-31-20 12:27 PM

Any chance of having the torpedo wake coded in the next update?

Fanders 02-04-20 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyLynx (Post 2647160)

The torpedo type in this game is, as far as i understand, electrical-driven. These types of torpedoes left therefore no visible wake.

GreyLynx 02-04-20 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanders (Post 2647692)
The torpedo type in this game is, as far as i understand, electrical-driven. These types of torpedoes left therefore no visible wake.

Since this is a Beta version of the game, I thought maybe the developers could add the trail of bubbles now since they'll have to do it later on anyway (I hope).
The G7a (TI) could be set at 30 knots for a range of 12 km or 40 knots for 7,5 km. The G7e (TIII) was set at 30 knots only for a range of 5 km if pre-heated properly, and were used at the beginning of 1942.
In the game, the torpedoes are set at 30 knots for a range of 6 km with no wake and no magnetic/impact pistol option. So they're not true TI nor TIII.
:k_confused:

Fidd 02-04-20 12:49 PM

The first change made would have to be the TDC to allow for the various torpedoes needed. As there's no sense in a TDC having settable values for torpedoes not yet invented, if playing early war, then the TDC equipped for any mission must therefore change, as later war torpedoes become available.

Even early TDC's would need changes from the current TDC, so as to be able to change the speed selected for steam-driven torpedoes, which has implications for maximum range and also gyro angle required.

A further issue, is that currently, the torpedo reloading is automatic, as without a choice of torpedo to reload there is no need for a mechanism to select which torpedo to load or unload.

Then there's the other issue about which torpedoes are initially loaded in tubes, and unloaded during the mission to allow for different ones to be used.

Consequently there's a raft of issues that come with the modelling of different torpedo types, that would also have to be modelled, and modelled not just with the newer torpedoes in mind, but also those which would come with still later-war ones being modelled - afterall modification of the game is no good if it precludes later developments...

Usurpator 02-07-20 11:15 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone! We are still working on improving the net code and it's nearly done.

Usurpator 02-07-20 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyLynx (Post 2647160)

This is on our list of improvements, but unfortunately we won't be able to add it in the next update.

Sanatin 02-10-20 07:48 AM

Hello dear developers! Are you planning to develop a fight for survival on a submarine in future versions of the game?

Usurpator 02-14-20 02:05 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone! There is still some work left to do on the net code but we're getting there.

Usurpator 02-21-20 01:23 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
We are currently testing the new patch. We plan on releasing it next week.

Usurpator 02-28-20 11:20 AM

Hello everyone!
The new netcode still has a few kinks to work out. We will be posting the patch next week.

/Oscar

Noobicum4Ever 03-03-20 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldhasu1 (Post 2646786)
... So I wonder if we as a player base can help speed up the process? If financial reasons is the only thing stopping the team from hiring more great developers then maybe it is a good idea to let us pay more? Adding a golden account status with some cosmetic things like renaming the boat and ability to add a custom emblem, stuff like that, with regular monthly payment. I would participate in that for sure as some of my crewmates as well.

I agree! It is a nice ideea to have something unique from beta version of the game.

MadSin 03-03-20 05:41 AM

This must be done. Enter, for a small additional fee, the opportunity to make your submarine more exclusive. Add your own emblems, hull color, or hang your own photo in the captain's cabin). And before we're too late, you need to move the game to another engine. I would very much not want Wolfpack to suffer the fate of Hellion

gurudennis 03-06-20 04:43 PM

Looks like the new patch is out, but the authors accidentally posted it on the wrong thread :)

See: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpos...9&postcount=41

Thank you for the hard work!

When it does finally come, general purpose mission editor sounds like an amazing thing to have.