SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 04-28-11 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1652412)
Hi ZW,

thanks alot for these updates. Have tham all now. If i am right, i do not need those updates from last year when installing a fresh copy. Only the Febr. and Easter update of 2011.

Very much has changed, its really looking brilliant. I recognized the new Panther Ausf. A model. GREAT:yeah::up::salute:
There is only one glitch with it.:D I cant drive it:wah:

Not to mention the camouflage. YOU MADE IT:yeah:
Environment as always beautifull.

The F2 inside cockpit view is not working well. A hatch can be opened but everything is grey. Are you trying it for the future release ? I think so.

Made a small run with the last Kursk mission. There is just a little "bug". A T-34has been already knocked out (totally destroyed) but its not recognized on the map and the AI as "dead". Its green and the AI is is shooting at it all the time. Poor crew, they are torn in pices.
Its one of the last tanks, left side of your mission goal near houses.

No comment on swamp effect, you alredy know that.
Had to clear cache folder prior to start the Kursk mission4.

FPS is low in fact. Between 4.5 and 7.5.

Thats for the moment now.

Over and out.

LC

PS: You made a great job!

Thank you LC,
I will include a double check on the t34 issue in the Easter Beta patch. Also
you will receive the German mission 7.:DL On top of that the Kursk mission map
for all the Kursk missions that has the higher mesh density. The new Kursk
high density map will be equal in mesh density as the mid-map (18km x 18km).
And one I forgot to mention is the before it the re-work of the
ballistics for the ant-tank guns and T34-76mm guns. ;)
As for the(F2) Drive's cockpit and the no outside drives view that I can fix too.
I wanted to eliminate that camera view and use it some where else in the tank like
the Radio/MG-gunners seat. But that will have to wait.
I might add too that I've received some gentle arm twisting from some other Kameraden.
Therefore I will have to go full steam ahead on the Project "über Panzer-Arbeiten"
(the playable- Panther/ KingTiger project reference code) .:salute:
Vorwärts Kamerad, Arbeit vorn,

ZW

LcSummers 04-29-11 03:27 AM

WHAT???

Therefore I will have to go full steam ahead on the Project "über Panzer-Arbeiten"
(the playable- Panther/ KingTiger project reference code) .:salute:
Vorwärts Kamerad, Arbeit vorn,

ZW[/QUOTE]

What did i read here? Am i blind or is this really written herer?

Panther, Königstiger?

ZW,

you really drive me crazy.

Cant wait only to see some pix.

The Panther is beautifull. The Fla MG holding mechanism was on the commanders cuppola. :yeah:

I really love little details that makes a game so great.

Thanks ZW,

the right man on the right place:salute:

KapitanDP 05-01-11 09:02 AM

ZW,

Here are my CPU spec's:
Vista 32
Intel Duo Core 2.67 Ghz
2 GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
Video Game Settings: All sliders on Max except Shadows Detail, 1 click down from Max

Something else I have now noticed since the recent update. When I get to the "Press any Key" prompt, it doesn't work for me. The only key that works for me is the "Esc" key. It takes me to the mission summary screen and then when I click on "BACK", it then takes me to the mission. I haven't found any other way to start the mission.

KDP

ZeeWolf 05-01-11 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1654233)
ZW,

Here are my CPU spec's:
Vista 32
Intel Duo Core 2.67 Ghz
2 GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
Video Game Settings: All sliders on Max except Shadows Detail, 1 click down from Max

Something else I have now noticed since the recent update. When I get to the "Press any Key" prompt, it doesn't work for me. The only key that works for me is the "Esc" key. It takes me to the mission summary screen and then when I click on "BACK", it then takes me to the mission. I haven't found any other way to start the mission.

KDP

KDP,

Try the key that fires the MG or the Main Gun. :up:

ZW

Jochem 05-01-11 12:52 PM

Hi Zee, what do I need to do to enjoy the new April 2011 update ?

Shuss !

KapitanDP 05-01-11 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1654250)
KDP,

Try the key that fires the MG or the Main Gun. :up:

ZW

ZW,
Yep, those two keys work and my Left and Right mouse buttons that fire the main gun and machine gun. :yep:

Thanks,
KDP

ZeeWolf 05-01-11 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jochem (Post 1654424)
Hi Zee, what do I need to do to enjoy the new April 2011 update ?

Shuss !

Jochem,
Did I forget to send you the Easter Update?

Zee

KapitanDP 05-02-11 05:24 PM

ZW,

Here are my CPU spec's:
Vista 32
Intel Duo Core 2.67 Ghz
2 GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I just thought I would pass it along in the attempt to help out.

In the 3rd Zitadelle mission, I have crashed 4 out of 4 times. It always occurs at the the same point. I start out heading up the Northeastern open field which then doglegs to the left (North). I continue up to the first open field on the left and make that turn (west). I head up that slightly inclined field to almost the very top and then it crashes. Sometimes my tank will have begun shooting and sometimes not but I can't get past that area without the program temporarily freezing and then getting the crash box asking if I want to search the web for a fix or close the program. :damn:

Any idea?
KDP

ZeeWolf 05-02-11 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1655303)
ZW,

Here are my CPU spec's:
Vista 32
Intel Duo Core 2.67 Ghz
2 GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I just thought I would pass it along in the attempt to help out.

In the 3rd Zitadelle mission, I have crashed 4 out of 4 times. It always occurs at the the same point. I start out heading up the Northeastern open field which then doglegs to the left (North). I continue up to the first open field on the left and make that turn (west). I head up that slightly inclined field to almost the very top and then it crashes. Sometimes my tank will have begun shooting and sometimes not but I can't get past that area without the program temporarily freezing and then getting the crash box asking if I want to search the web for a fix or close the program. :damn:

Any idea?
KDP

Hey KDP,
I had the exact same issue and I found the cause and it had not happened
since .
So, what might of happened was when you installed the Easter Update the
content.script file my not have been over-written. Meanwhile I will revisit
the issue and try and remember what it was that I changed and get back to you.

ZW:salute:

PS: You might want to go in to:

"T34vsTiger\Missions\CustomMissions\KurskMissi on3"

and delete all the files in the "KurskMission3" folder and do a Easter Update reinstall.

KapitanDP 05-02-11 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1655380)
Hey KDP,
I had the exact same issue and I found the cause and it had not happened
since .
So, what might of happened was when you installed the Easter Update the
content.script file my not have been over-written. Meanwhile I will revisit
the issue and try and remember what it was that I changed and get back to you.

PS: You might want to go in to:

"T34vsTiger\Missions\CustomMissions\KurskMissi on3"

and delete all the files in the "KurskMission3" folder and do a Easter Update reinstall.

ZW,
Just so you know I tried deleting all the files in the "KurskMission3" folder and then re-installing the Easter update. No go :down: It still crashed at the top of the hill. Hopefully, you will remember what you did...

KDP

ZeeWolf 05-02-11 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1655412)
ZW,
Just so you know I tried deleting all the files in the "KurskMission3" folder and then re-installing the Easter update. No go :down: It still crashed at the top of the hill. Hopefully, you will remember what you did...

KDP

Awe shoot,
Will don't worry I am on the case, and you can be glad I never (totally)rely on my memory :up:
I've been working through all the issues brought to my attention and will put them together in
the Easter Update Patch. :sunny:

ZW :salute:

Bleser 05-05-11 11:13 PM

@ZeeWolf (and others),

Well, I am determined to enjoy and the the most performance as possible today (without going to an SLI/CrossFire setup as they have their own issues), so I am selling my current ATI 5870 and replacing it with an nVidia GTX 580, the fastest single-GPU video card money can buy. I'm also going from 4GB RAM to 12GB RAM, thought I don't think that will directly impact performance.

As soon as I get everything installed/configured/etc., I'll fire it up and let you know what (if any) difference this setup makes.

My hard-earned $$$ for research I guess! :)

ZeeWolf 05-06-11 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleser (Post 1657927)
@ZeeWolf (and others),

Well, I am determined to enjoy and the the most performance as possible today (without going to an SLI/CrossFire setup as they have their own issues), so I am selling my current ATI 5870 and replacing it with an nVidia GTX 580, the fastest single-GPU video card money can buy. I'm also going from 4GB RAM to 12GB RAM, thought I don't think that will directly impact performance.

As soon as I get everything installed/configured/etc., I'll fire it up and let you know what (if any) difference this setup makes.

Bleser, did you try ATI tools first?

ZW

indebin 05-06-11 08:00 AM

Quote:

@ZeeWolf (and others),

Bleser, I have 2 pc,s Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ram, ATI 5870 and EVGA x58sli3, I7-950, 12gb ram, Nvidia GTX570, both running 64bit Win 7 on 23 inch monitor at 1920x1080. The performance is very similar, varies between 40 fps and 7fps so I dont think you will see much difference.:cry:

KdF 05-06-11 05:50 PM

Quote:

@ZeeWolf (and others),

Don't buy that much RAM unless you are running 64 bit OS's. Any 32 bit OS will only see 4gb and the rest is a waste.

Just sayin...........

LcSummers 05-07-11 01:13 AM

Gui

HI ZW,

you know i do not critisize you only giving some suggestions.

As somebody mentioned it, the green on green gui is hard to see.
Make it switchable orinal/green gui. :hmmm:

Thanks and good work

LC

ZeeWolf 05-07-11 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1658664)
HI ZW,

you know i do not critisize you only giving some suggestions.

As somebody mentioned it, the green on green gui is hard to see.
Make it switchable orinal/green gui. :hmmm:

Thanks and good work

LC

Hi LC,
I can do a small patch for that. As for me the blending in of the hud some
what with the background makes it useful when you really need the info.
That is why I made the map transparent. To provide info as needed and
therefore I considered white overlay kinda annoying. Also I was working
on the winter map and experimenting with a color that would work with both
all types of environments.

Cheers! :salute:

ZW

Bleser 05-07-11 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1657947)
Bleser, did you try ATI tools first?

ZW

Yes sir, w/o much help. Have been wanting to get back on the nVidia side for a while now anyway as I prefer their driver interface and abilities (game profiles built-in, customizable, etc.).

Quote:

Originally Posted by indebin (Post 1658085)
Bleser, I have 2 pc,s Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ram, ATI 5870 and EVGA x58sli3, I7-950, 12gb ram, Nvidia GTX570, both running 64bit Win 7 on 23 inch monitor at 1920x1080. The performance is very similar, varies between 40 fps and 7fps so I dont think you will see much difference.:cry:

That's fine, performance won't be any worse (GTX 580 is about 10-20% faster on average vs. 5870) and other games I play (like Civ V) are nearly 100% faster on nVidia platforms - so even if TvT doesn't benefit much, Civ V will. :)

Also, spent a lot of time lately playing MMP 7.0 Beta and performance is fantastic. The original SP missions now look stunning and I average 50-60 FPS with all details maxed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KdF (Post 1658515)
Don't buy that much RAM unless you are running 64 bit OS's. Any 32 bit OS will only see 4gb and the rest is a waste.

Just sayin...........

Yes, of course. Been running 64-bit OS since Vista came out - now on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

@ZeeWolf, final thought, how come your tank models all use the "clean" tank tracks? They look good but I do think look unrealistic compared to the mud-packed stock tracks since we are driving around fields and dirt roads. :salute:

ZeeWolf 05-07-11 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleser (Post 1659164)
@ZeeWolf, final thought, how come your tank models all use the "clean" tank tracks? They look good but I do think look unrealistic compared to the mud-packed stock tracks since we are driving around fields and dirt roads. :salute:

Just my preference, that's all.

Walshy 05-11-11 06:26 AM

Have been testing your delicious enhancements for TvT and I must say they are brilliant, but I have come across a few issuses. The first Kursk mission is a real hog, a veritable FPS slide show, I may have to lower my graphics settings, for that to run. It really slows down when the Katashusas start to fire, this also happens on the first edited mission of the Russian campaign. When flying up the left flank on that map (Kursk) you come to big trench, can't cross it, and when you get close to it the tank dissapears into the piled up soil that sits on it's lip??? I thought I had taken screenshots of other issues I had came across, but when I paste anything into photoshop or paint it's just a black screen that gets pasted??? Sometimes when after completing a mission and looking around at the various units via the tab button, destroyed tanks or spgs have appeared to have sunk into the ground. Sometimes when driving at full pelt my tank will vere off to the right or left? It's almost like propellor torque that you would experience in a flight sim??? Should the tank not move forward in a straight line unless the user presses the appropiate keys for right and left? I'll update you on issues that I come across as time goes on but for now here's my specs, a shortened edit of my Dxdiag ......

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/11/2011, 12:16:40
Machine name: WALSHY-PC812821
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Motherboard Manufacturer: Asus
Motherboard Model: Crosshair II Formula
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 2182MB used, 14196MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 570
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_087E10DE&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4064 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1248 MB
Shared Memory: 2815 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: SyncMaster 245B/245BW/245BPlus(Digital)
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Monitor Id: SAM02B6
Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,n vwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.7051 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.12.7051
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 3/26/2011 09:35:00, 12934248 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-53C1-11CF-E568-72281FC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1081
SubSys ID: 0x087E10DE
Revision ID: 0x00A1
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speaker (Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: USB\VID_041E&PID_3040&REV_0100&MI_00
Manufacturer ID: 65535
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ksaud.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.0240 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: No
Date and Size: 4/20/2009 10:45:32, 981760 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Creative Technology Ltd.
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Description: SPDIF-Out (Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External)
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: USB\VID_041E&PID_3040&REV_0100&MI_00
Manufacturer ID: 65535
Product ID: 65535
Driver Name: ksaud.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.0240 (English)
Date and Size: 4/20/2009 10:45:32, 981760 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Creative Technology Ltd.
Description: Speakers (ASUS Xonar D2X Audio Device)
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_82B71043&REV_00
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Driver Name: cmudaxp.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0008 (English)
Date and Size: 9/23/2009 11:45:30, 1257472 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: ASUSTeK
Description: Speakers (ASUS Xonar D2X Converter)
Other Files:
Description: S/PDIF Pass-through Device (ASUS Xonar D2X Audio Device)
Other Files: