SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Version 1.06 Beta Available (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232255)

Killerfish Games 07-01-17 09:18 AM

Version 1.06 Beta Available

Version 1.05 beta is now available. This version contains fixes to the campaigns in order to continue to resolve the most major and disruptive issues. It also contains the first draft of crew voices which were provided courtesy of subsim.com

To opt in to the beta:
Right click the Cold Waters in Steam library, go to properties and you should have new "BETAS" tab added, then use the pulldown to select the beta you would like to opt into -leave the early access code empty- and the new update should download. When you run the game the version number should read version 1.05.

Version 1.05
1 Jul 17

General
Opening Help in After Action Report no longer opens mini-map which breaks subsequent Back button
Removed legacy WeaponName and WeaponDescription fields from weapons.txt
Removed legacy RADARID field from sensors.txt
aircraft.txt stats modified (additional weapons added later when combat balanced better)
Juliette designation corrected to SSG
Added date to Single Missions descriptions
default/hud/default.txt added MissionMarkerColorInsertion and MissionMarkerColorLandStrike variables
Added new optional variable to mission files, MissionPositionColor=LAND_STRIKE to colour deployment zone marker based on mission type
Added missing MaxPitchAngle=25 variable to MK37 in weapons.txt
Added temporary LogVoiceVolume=1 parameter to default/hud/default.txt (set to 0 to disable voices)
Voice talent added to credits

Combat
Player speed no longer defaults to emergency back if reactor offline when changing speed
Moving in reverse now generates noise in Signature panel display correctly
Back Emergency increases noise rather than decreasing it below All Stop
Sunk vessels no longer detected by player ESM
Sunk vessels no longer perform surface or air radar checks
Sunk vessels no longer ping with active sonar
Opening Help in periscope view forces periscope view closed
Fixed a bug where negative ballast not applied if player sub riding too high in the water, prevented submerging
default/hud/default.txt added [ESM Meter] colour variables to aid readability of ESM meter
Switching a wire guided torpedo from passive to active now works
Fixed towed array calculations for AI vessels
Crew voices added to audio/voices folder and implemented
Anechoic coating decreases active torpedo sensor range by 50%
Reference manual now opens to current signature profile
Spec Ops team now deploys at under 5 knots, rather than at stop
Increased TLAM cruise altitude to 300 to assist with terrain avoidance
TLAM homing in on target (activate in red circle) now provides log message
Land strike complete message displayed in log once all required TLAMs homing (activate in red circle)
Mini-map display now correctly offset when bottom left panel is moved by editing default/hud/default.txt
Enemy surface ships no longer deploy chaff or fire CIWS guns at land attacking missiles

Campaign
MapTimeCompression set globally and synced with pausing, briefings, summary, events, campaign menu, new sub assignment and campaign end
Port reload/unload/Spec Ops time required labels corrected for difficulty level modifiers
Verified subsystem displayed repair times take into account difficulty level modifiers
campaign_data.txt CampaignPoints and CampaignStart points values doubled for both campaigns to increase their length
Fixed a possible mismatch of player weapons in tubes which might cause some downstream bugs
Restructured EndLevel() in attempt to minimise impact of unknown bug
Fixed a bug where missing a mission caused all subsequent radio messages to state failed, even if won
Corrected all LAND_STRIKE missions to require 8 weapons fired at deployment zone
New Holy Loch background added for both campaigns
Fixed a bug where entering combat near/between two (or more) ports broke mission (blank blue underwater screen)
Fixed a bug where null minefields were trying to be checked with nav sonar
Campaign summary now correctly tracks completed land strike and insertion missions
Exit mission menu now displays whether land strike or insertion mission is complete

TheCabal 07-01-17 09:20 AM

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work. :salute: BTW Is it fpschazly's voice?? So similar...

Killerfish Games 07-01-17 09:23 AM

Well spotted, check out the Credits :Kaleun_Wink:

Miderashi 07-01-17 09:57 AM

Good job Gentlemen and thank you for your reactivity. Cordially

609_Avatar 07-01-17 11:19 AM

Very nice! Thanks. Have only had a little time with it so far but I really like what I'm seeing!! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

MBot 07-01-17 11:36 AM

Very nice, thanks a lot.

I am not sure if you are already aware of this, but AI subs detect passive torpedoes that are activated in their baffles.

Nippelspanner 07-01-17 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBot (Post 2496555)
Very nice, thanks a lot.

I am not sure if you are already aware of this, but AI subs detect passive torpedoes that are activated in their baffles.

What AI subs specifically?

Steiger 07-01-17 02:28 PM

Did you guys make any changes that would directly break either the Russian Subs mod or the LA Flight 2/3 mod?

BTW, love that the voices are in the game. They do need some cleaning up (I know they're placeholders at the moment) but still very cool and can't wait for the final product!

Julhelm 07-01-17 03:00 PM

Always assume any new patch will break previous mods.

letterboy1 07-01-17 05:18 PM

Thanks

I love where you guys are going with the added voices. Even though it's a beta version, it is already a lot more immersive.

By the way, is it just me or is the enemy response way more intense?

Fearless 07-01-17 11:28 PM

Love the update.. Signature still remains though after enemy shipping sunk.

YoYo 07-02-17 02:29 AM

Thank You for this update!
I like it.

About new crew voices: looks good but maybe more military accent/command speed for better immersion (maybe background sound, noise)?
I very like examples from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1Q...utu.be&t=2m24s .

Please to add on/off voices in settings and volume slider for voices also for the final 1.05. :yeah:

LeopardDriver 07-02-17 02:41 AM

Also please add a key bind for the Full in-game unit reference linked to Signature tab. I like to do (almost) everything with the keyboard!

Thanks.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Foxendown 07-02-17 03:32 AM

Trying out 1.05, thank you KF, great work. As for the crew voices, I have turned them off because I personally don't like them, they kill my immersion rather than the opposite. This is a matter of personal likes and dislikes (everyone's different). I can understand why this feature was asked for and I'm glad for those who now have it. It's a pleasure to encounter a developer that introduces changes like this but makes them optional.

Badger343rd 07-02-17 08:02 AM

That sounds too forced and either too rehearsed or not rehearsed enough,not sure which ?Takes away from immersion...needs a redo for sure,or bettter voice actors.Spend alittle money and get some pro's ,it will be well worth it in the long run.