SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Game crashes whenever I hit a ship. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=241764)

Saterminator13 07-10-19 10:18 AM

Game crashes whenever I hit a ship.

I recently got Silent Hunters 5 after hearing about how good it was with the Wolves of Steel mod. However, having never played a Silent Hunter game in my life, I thought I would go through the campaign to get used to it. It works fine up until you have to shoot the first ship with your torpedoes, where its all good until they actually hit, and then a couple seconds after that the game hard crashes. I've done some searching on the internet but haven't been able to find a solution to this problem. I've tried compatibility settings, but nothing has changed. If anyone has the solution to this that would be really appreciated.

vdr1981 07-10-19 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saterminator13 (Post 2617826)
I recently got Silent Hunters 5 after hearing about how good it was with the Wolves of Steel mod. However, having never played a Silent Hunter game in my life, I thought I would go through the campaign to get used to it. It works fine up until you have to shoot the first ship with your torpedoes, where its all good until they actually hit, and then a couple seconds after that the game hard crashes. I've done some searching on the internet but haven't been able to find a solution to this problem. I've tried compatibility settings, but nothing has changed. If anyone has the solution to this that would be really appreciated.

Hi Saterminator13! :salute:
Are you sure you've installed the game and TWoS mod as required? Your problem definitely should not be present in correctly installed game...:yep:

Aktungbby 07-10-19 10:50 AM

welcome aboard!

Saterminator13!:Kaleun_Salute:

Saterminator13 07-10-19 11:17 AM

Upon doing multiple fresh installs, I was able to get the base game to go on past the tutorial, with it not crashing on destroying ships. Now I am reinstalling Wolves of Steel and we will see where that takes me.

XenonSurf 07-10-19 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saterminator13 (Post 2617834)
Upon doing multiple fresh installs, I was able to get the base game to go on past the tutorial, with it not crashing on destroying ships. Now I am reinstalling Wolves of Steel and we will see where that takes me.

You must update game to 1.2.0 before installing WoS!
If you launch the Generic Patcher and you see all red colors for the patches this means the game has not been patched and will be plenty of bugs. After launching the GP, be sure to chose the snapshot again, follow exactly instructions for GP procedure.

Saterminator13 07-10-19 12:01 PM

So I can get the base game to work just fine now, but none of the Wolves of Steel stuff is showing up at all. After a couple more installs, making sure to follow the directions exactly, I'm just not sure anymore. Its probably something simple I'm just missing, but I don't know.

Edit: I got it to work, thanks for the help everyone

vdr1981 07-10-19 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saterminator13 (Post 2617840)

Edit: I got it to work, thanks for the help everyone

:up:

What was the problem?

Saterminator13 07-10-19 12:52 PM

I forgot to move it from the Ubisoft directory to the steam directory. Having a blast with it now.

vdr1981 07-10-19 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saterminator13 (Post 2617848)
I forgot to move it from the Ubisoft directory to the steam directory. Having a blast with it now.

Make sure to check included quick start PDF documentation. You can also find plenty of TWoS gameplay tutorials on youtube...:yep:
Happy hunting! :salute:

THEBERBSTER 07-10-19 02:43 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Saterminator13
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below