SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Jutland (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   A pity this died (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=214855)

SuspectedMammal 07-31-14 07:29 AM

A pity this died

No idea what happened with SES, but Jutland was a very good game that could have become a great game.

Terribly let down by terrible DRM, hostility to mods, bizarre management, awful customer service and an inexplicable foray by the developer into building a generic digital distribution platform.

A great shame.

Tribesman 08-04-14 05:53 AM

Is it dead or are they just on yet another of their frequent can't be bothered periods?

TheIronPrice 08-23-14 06:47 PM

Seems pretty dead to me, Can't get anything to work after initial install. Ive uninstalled their NotSteam and itll run once and then no way to make it run again, and the only way Jutland itself runs is if I run it through Stormpowered. So.. yeah. Really frustrating as I really like this game.

Aktungbby 08-23-14 07:20 PM

Welcome Aboard

TheIronPrice!:Kaleun_Salute:

TheIronPrice 08-23-14 07:55 PM

Thank you for the welcome. :)

Jimbuna 08-24-14 06:48 AM

Welcome Aboard TheIronPrice :sunny:

ReallyDedPoet 08-24-14 08:43 AM

Welcome TheIronPrice!!

CCIP 09-20-14 07:05 PM

Just thought I'd try it today and actually, I can confirm that it still works. The bad news is that you have to uninstall everything, redownload the SES launcher, reinstall Jutland, and make sure that it updates itself to v1.165. Apparently if you have an old installer/launcher (pre-2013), you need to do it in that order and then it works.

Given the level of support and technical age of the game vs. price and hoops you have to jump through + price, I'm not sure I'd recommend it unless you're really interested in the product as-is.

CCIP 09-21-14 04:05 PM

Don't think so. At least everything here works with so far as I could see - at 1.162, the game would get stuck loading but after it updated itself to 1.165, everything looks fine.

CCIP 09-21-14 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribesman (Post 2245266)
http://www.stormpowered.com/forums/v...7e0cf21b35e1c3
page 3 especially , the problem continued after it was "fixed"

Well guh :o

Can't say I've got that far into checking it out, but even at the end of that topic it sounds like at least for those who are reporting the problem, it still wasn't fixed after all :nope:

Well, back to my Steam and Iron campaign I suppose :D

Captain_Rockwell_Torry 12-24-14 11:55 AM

Updating Jutland

Actually, I haven't updated Jutland for quite awhile. I happened to somehow get all the ships for Coronel etc. downloaded and activated for free, so I have never bothered to update the game again because I'm sure those ships would disappear. Actually I would have ordered the DLC, but I'm afraid it would screw everything up trying to order it!

Captain Rockwell Torry:arrgh!:

turnerg 02-09-15 08:52 PM

So, anyone looked into digging up the proprietors of SES to start sending letters? We spent a LOT of money helping a poor indie developer put that game together, and now they've basically run off with the money. Since it wasn't still a Beta or anything, I don't think we can have a legal case, but perhaps some civil harassment might drum up an official response.

It seems like the SES servers are still going. So either they were already paid up to a certain point, or they are trying to pull some kinda surprise crap. Probably the former. Either Jim Rose or Norm Kroger are the two big names I remember being involved in the game. One has an ego if I remember, whoever it was attacking the concepts of modding and pushing the ludicrous DRM scheme they used, saying otherwise food was stolen from their tables.

JHS 08-12-15 08:23 AM

Astounded at their lack of interest

The stupid Stormpowered will not accept my login info so I can't play the games even though they are all up-to-date. This has been a problem for a year. They never respond to my inquiries. They have pretty well made themselves poison as far as I am concerned. They took a $200+ from me, and they do not service their product.

Rockin Robbins 08-22-15 08:07 AM

Probably this thread should be unstickied and the Ironclads II thread take its place as a stickied thread. A dead game shouldn't be featured, I think!:arrgh!: