SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Athlonic's TSAF Mod : Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169477)

Athlonic 05-13-10 03:38 PM

[REL] Athlonic's TSAF Mod : Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC

Athlonic's TSAF Mod : Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v1.2.0

version : 1.0
released : 13 may 2010
Language : ALL

Hi, I've made this simple little mod to fix torpedoes speeds changes when using torpedoes officer's abilities so they no longer mess with manual TDC.
Because the TDC doesn't actually take these speeds changes into account, so you may miss even with a good calculated solution.

Which file has been modded ? : data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData\SpecialAbilities.upc

What's modded ? :
- Torpedoman passive and active abilities does no longer modify torpedo's speed, they only gives damage bonus

Installation:
Extract the archive in "Silent Hunter 5\MODS" folder,
and then activate with JSGME
(help for JSGME utilisation here : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163447)

Warnings:
- it seem's you can install this mod while on patrol without problem, but I still recommand to :
* return to port
* quit the game
* install (or uninstall) mods
* relaunch the game
* reload the "back to port autosave"

Download link : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1849

gimpy117 05-13-10 03:52 PM

no wonder im always missing!!!

Mav87th 05-13-10 04:35 PM

Did you figure out if the torpedoes travel at the correct speed without any special ability bonus, or with full special ability bonus, or with say 50% ??

Asking 'cus that would very likely be interesting for other mods where special abilitys have a saying.

Athlonic 05-13-10 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav87th (Post 1391536)
Did you figure out if the torpedoes travel at the correct speed without any special ability bonus, or with full special ability bonus, or with say 50% ??

Asking 'cus that would very likely be interesting for other mods where special abilitys have a saying.

Torpedoes speeds are correct without these special abilities.

Abilities changes in stock game are as follow :

TORPEDOMAN - Passive abilitie
Ability-Increase-Torpedo-Speed

Increase speeds in % at :
Level 1 = 4
Level 2 = 8
Level 3 = 12
Level 4 = 16
Level 5 = 20

TORPEDOMAN - Active abilitie
Ability-Active-Preheat-Torpedo

Decrease speeds in % at :
Level 1 = -10
Level 2 = -20
Level 3 = -30

All I did is putting 0 at each levels.
And as you can see, even in stock game if you have your torpedoman with his passive abilitie at level 5 and preheat the torpedo at level 2 :
it make 20 % - 20% = 0 %
So you have again the default speed.

Monte 05-14-10 11:54 AM

Thx for this mod!:yeah:

TheBeast 05-25-10 03:36 PM

That you for this fantastic Bug Work Around!

I have one problem. I also use the No Maral MOD that edits the same file. Do you have a version that includes the No Moral MOD?:06:

In real life, if a crew member refused to follow an order during combat because they just didn't feel like doing it at the time. If I was in a good mood, that crew member would find out they have a very cold and long swim ahead to get home. I would boot their butt right off my boat. No hesitation! If I was in a bad mood under stress, I might even shoot the bastage first and then stuff the body in a torpedo tube and launch the them from max torpedo launch depth.

Athlonic 05-25-10 03:57 PM

Do you mean that there is still a morale problem in SH5 v1.2 ???

My crew never reach a zero morale yet so I can not tell.

You can always use your cook special soup to gain morale if needed.

:03:

kylania 05-25-10 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athlonic (Post 1403090)

There isn't, people really don't have to be using NoMorale mods anymore, or if they are they shouldn't use this fix for the normal morale system I'd think. :DL

TheBeast 05-25-10 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athlonic (Post 1403090)

My crew never reach a zero morale yet so I can not tell.

You can always use your cook special soup to gain morale if needed.

They did fix the bug so morale does not go away when you reload a saved game.:up:

The thing I do not like is that activating some Special Abilities requires morale and if that crew member for the Special Ability being activated doesn't have enough morale the crew member refuses to comply to the orders being given.:hmmm:

Since I can not execute my crew members for disobeying my orders, I edited your MOD and removed morale costs for Special Abilities. I hope you do not mind.:06:

I can understand a slow response time if crew morale is low but I will not accept refusing orders. Anyone that has been in the Military and has been combat knows, refusing orders from a competent authority in the face of the enemy is punishable by death on the spot. At the very minimum, there would be a summary court marshal resulting in some type of incarceration. (if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem)

Since Patch 1.2 I have had one crew member refuse to Supercharge Diesel Engines after I had already activated it a few times. Besides removing morale cost for that ability, I also changed that ability from OnDemand (timed) to OnOff.:D

The entire morale concept in the game really needs to be reevaluated.

Athlonic 05-26-10 01:50 AM

Ok I understand now.

No problem to tweak "my" files as you like, I did just put 0 there and there.
:D

I see your point of view on the morale system, but if you look at this on another way maybe you would change your mind :

Specials abilities are meaned to be Specials abilities, so if your officers are in good shape and have a bunch of morale they will be able to perform their special thingy.
In v.1.1.5 manning the guns costing morale was wrong because manning the gun is a simple order, whereas be able to overcharge diesels, making super delicious soup, hearing a fishboat at 150km, ... requiring morale and motivation makes sense.
A crew member will "always" obey simple orders, but you can't ask them to perform 130% if they are not motivated enough.

That is just my point of view on the morale system.

TheBeast 05-26-10 07:19 AM

I agree with you that some of those abilities may require something special but some of the other special abilities really are not so special. Preheat Torpedo Batteries is something, as Kapitan, I would expect to happen every time I was planning to attack. Should it take Morale? Sure but not 3 points of morale. The ability is something that, if not used, prevents the Electric Torpedo's from functioning propperly.
Super Human Abilities such as hearing that fishing boat at 150Km should be removed or adjusted to something more realistic.

milky 11-14-10 09:44 PM

Do i need to download this MOD for 1.2 or did they fix it?

stoianm 01-27-11 08:50 AM

Hi athlonic,

If i want to use the ''No magic skills v1.5 MCCD compatible'' and ''Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v120'' what is the corect order (seems to have some conflicts)?

Thanks!

spazmo 01-30-12 10:46 PM

Hi there. Sorry for the stupid question... I'm current using the following mods:

MightyFine Crew Mod
Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC and Automation
Open Horizons II

With these mods, do I still need this torpedo speed fix? Does anyone know if it's included or dealt with somehow in any of the above mods?

Thanks very much in advance!

Trevally. 01-31-12 12:39 PM

yes - you still need it - but only if you give your torp man points