SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   [REL] M01 - Polyarny Inlet (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219324)

Nippelspanner 03-30-2015 04:57 AM

M01 - Polyarny Inlet
 
Bubbleheads,
since it is way to quiet in here, I thought I'd create and publish a mission.
Heavily inspired by 'Hunt for Red October', I created a classic boomer stalking mission with an approximate length of 2.5hrs and advanced difficulty.
I tested the mission - and the objectives - carefully for functionality, so there should be no errors.
Note that this scenario was created with the most current 'Red Alert' mod (1.40), so playing it with vanilla DW or another mod might result in problems.

Important:

The mission won't spoon-feed you with magic "we have been counter-detected" messages, instead it will react accordingly and it is up to you to notice this.
Read the briefing (copy broadcast asap once in-game) carefully and you'll be fine.

Feedback about errors/functionality/general opinion is highly welcome.
Enjoy! :salute:


(Scenario not available at the moment)



Nippelspanner 04-01-2015 01:42 PM

100+ views - yet no one played it or comment on it?
You guys break my heart! :oops:

FPSchazly 04-01-2015 06:13 PM

I was planning to give it a try on my channel shortly, I shall try and speed that up :up:

Nippelspanner 04-01-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2302937)
I was planning to give it a try on my channel shortly, I shall try and speed that up :up:

Oh hey Schazly!
Now that would be an honor, I gotta thank you for all your tutorials - I learned a lot by watching them and had quite some "aaahh!" moments!

Be sure to re-download the scenario, I just updated it a little. :up:

adrians69 04-06-2015 03:37 PM

Well I've just downloaded and played it and it's very good up to now. I haven't finished it yet, in fact I've only just found what I think is the Severstal.

Good job, will you be making any more?

FPSchazly 04-06-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2302943)
Oh hey Schazly!
Now that would be an honor, I gotta thank you for all your tutorials - I learned a lot by watching them and had quite some "aaahh!" moments!

Be sure to re-download the scenario, I just updated it a little. :up:

Oops, never replied to your post! You're welcome for the tutorials. Anything I can do to give back to the community and help people learn how to play this game :D

I remembered to play the updated version. Very smooth so far :) Part 2 tomorrow ( <12 hours from now )

Nippelspanner 04-06-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrians69 (Post 2304334)
Well I've just downloaded and played it and it's very good up to now. I haven't finished it yet, in fact I've only just found what I think is the Severstal.

Good job, will you be making any more?

Hey, thanks for your feedback.
I'd like to do more, I started working on M02, but the editor is way more limited in its possibilities as I previously thought, so the simplest things can consume hours, very frustrating.

I will definitely make a new post in case of a new mission though.
As long as you keep an eye on the forum, you won't miss it! :salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2304456)
Oops, never replied to your post! You're welcome for the tutorials. Anything I can do to give back to the community and help people learn how to play this game :D

I remembered to play the updated version. Very smooth so far :) Part 2 tomorrow ( <12 hours from now )

That's the spirit!
For the same reason, I started making missions, just to give something back, hoping it entertains those who try them.
In your let's play I noticed you didn't check for radio messages - although the briefing explicitly said to copy the broadcast frequently - I strongly advise you to do so, it might contain important information... or not. :O:

FPSchazly 04-07-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2304487)
That's the spirit!
For the same reason, I started making missions, just to give something back, hoping it entertains those who try them.
In your let's play I noticed you didn't check for radio messages - although the briefing explicitly said to copy the broadcast frequently - I strongly advise you to do so, it might contain important information... or not. :O:

Oh, I forgot to mention that. I did see that post, I read all my posts. Radio traffic was copied in Part 2 :salute:

P.S. I don't have the option of replying to your comments on YouTube, otherwise I would have

Hitman 04-07-2015 11:17 AM

Sorry don't even have DW installed now in my main PC, but I'm storing it for the summer when I will be one month away from internet with my laptop (And DW on it) :salute:

Elphaba 09-04-2016 08:07 PM

Any intention of getting it to work with RA 1.40?

Nippelspanner 09-04-2016 08:32 PM

Next time I fire up DW, I will probably update it, yes.
But don't hold your breath - it wouldn't end well! :timeout:

rentacow 09-04-2016 10:26 PM

I took a look at the file in the editor and everything seems ok in RA. Vessel types were preserved and that's the only thing that could really go wrong.

Should work just fine. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Nippelspanner 09-04-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rentacow (Post 2432025)
I took a look at the file in the editor and everything seems ok in RA. Vessel types were preserved and that's the only thing that could really go wrong.

Should work just fine. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Well, yeahno...
While it will technically work just fine, the mission might not be possible to complete due to certain details and differences between LWAMI and RA.
AFAIK, I tested it back then and realized just that.

However, thanks to Neptune's daughter up there, I am working on it right now.
I'd suggest to not try this mission in RA and wait for an update, really.

rentacow 09-04-2016 10:30 PM

Not sure what you mean. The triggers and everything look fine. It will work, trust me.

Nippelspanner 09-04-2016 10:41 PM

I know, that is what I meant by "technically work". :03:

However, sensors work differently in LWAMI and RA, meaning that the mission (initially designed for LWAMI) miiight not be possible to complete with RA, since RA's sensors are, if I remember correctly, better than LWAMI's.

I just want to make sure.
This is meant to be fun, not frustrating for whoever plays it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2019 Subsim