SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

Mad Mardigan 03-15-22 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynicalFox (Post 2798895)
hi guys i have tried downloading the GWX but when running it from my desktop it warns me that i have modded files present on my clean install (from steam) of SH3 im not exactly sure whats the problem with it or is it just a warning message that always pops up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2798908)
I'm not familiar with steam but I believe you need to install the game outside of it's default steam folder for any mods to be able to be applied.

What John said...

My own personal opinion... any game launcher, as well as their... subsequent library/libraries... should be set up, well outside of Window's iron fisted dictated Darth Vader/Vulcan/King Kong death grip watch dawg "UAC" terror-tory otherwise known of as...

\Program files - \Program files (x86)

Nothing... of ANY games, should ever be dropped into that terror-tory.... EVER. :yep:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

CynicalFox 03-15-22 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2798914)
What John said...

My own personal opinion... any game launcher, as well as their... subsequent library/libraries... should be set up, well outside of Window's iron fisted dictated Darth Vader/Vulcan/King Kong death grip watch dawg "UAC" terror-tory otherwise known of as...

Nothing... of ANY games, should ever be dropped into that terror-tory.... EVER. :yep:

M. M.

Thank you! i moved and reinstalled some stuff just to make sure but as soon as i tried to install GWX this time it went through no problems. now ive just gotta figure out SH3 commander and if i want to bother with it.

Mad Mardigan 03-15-22 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2798914)
What John said...

M. M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynicalFox (Post 2798923)
Thank you! i moved and reinstalled some stuff just to make sure but as soon as i tried to install GWX this time it went through no problems. now ive just gotta figure out SH3 commander and if i want to bother with it.

:Kaleun_Cheers: :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

There's a few uses that makes it worth having SH3Commander...

Having a realistic career, crew changes, randomizing ship tonnage, ship names in the after actions reports, being able to assign crew to posts, just to name but a few... that I can recall, off the top of My mind. :hmmm:

Hope this info is helpful, Kaleun... :shucks: :yep:

:up: Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.! :arrgh!:

M. M.

David I 05-03-22 11:17 AM

Crew on Deck from A's German U-boat Compilation

Has anyone converted the Crew on Deck Mod created for the German U-Boat Compilation for the U-Boats in GWX? I've been using Ace's but I think the other is an improved look. If so, can someone share it?

David I

Vermin 05-10-22 07:01 AM

Not sure if this is quite the right thread to ask: I'm running GWX3 with HSIE and Steibler mod and Ahennerbe Wide Gui. My radio operator buttons are overlapped and I'm not sure how to interpret the pos entries in the menu_1024_768 file to space them correctly? Any pointers? I can post the relevant entries if it helps.
Thanks
[PS where are the rat smileys?]

John Pancoast 05-10-22 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermin (Post 2807918)
Not sure if this is quite the right thread to ask: I'm running GWX3 with HSIE and Steibler mod and Ahennerbe Wide Gui. My radio operator buttons are overlapped and I'm not sure how to interpret the pos entries in the menu_1024_768 file to space them correctly? Any pointers? I can post the relevant entries if it helps.
Thanks
[PS where are the rat smileys?]

Iirc the pos numbers are in reference to the lower, left corner of the screen. It's been awhile since I messed with them but one is for vertical movement, the other horizontal.
Just experiment with different entries and you'll get the hang of it.

Anvar1061 05-13-22 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David I (Post 2806857)
Has anyone converted the Crew on Deck Mod created for the German U-Boat Compilation for the U-Boats in GWX? I've been using Ace's but I think the other is an improved look. If so, can someone share it?

David I

I didn't do it.

David I 05-16-22 10:23 AM

Crew on Deck

Anvar,

Thanks for the reply. I knew I was taking a shot in the dark, but if you don't ask you'll never know.

David I

FUBAR295 05-16-22 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David I (Post 2806857)

David I

Onealex's GWX mod uses GUC and has the updated CoD. You may want to look at this great mod. Has all the whistles and bells already loaded, easy install.

Aktungbby 06-29-23 11:09 PM

Welcome aboard!

CynicalFox!:Kaleun_Salute:

duckyll 07-06-23 06:08 PM

mods for sh3 gwx 3.0

anyone know which of the smoke mods for subs work and which ones dont?
everyone iv tried never works, should they be deleted if they dont?
same with water streams

duckyll 07-06-23 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR295 (Post 2808914)
Onealex's GWX mod uses GUC and has the updated CoD. You may want to look at this great mod. Has all the whistles and bells already loaded, easy install.

wish i could use it crashes to desktop only thing i can do is the academy missions tests exams etc. have added and allowed it in firewall settings to

Freewayz 07-09-23 10:29 AM

Getting a application load error after installing GWX

So i did a clean install of SH3, downloaded the GWX exe with all 7 bins but
im getting Application Load Error 2:0000065558 when i try to open SH3 modded with GWX. How do i fix this?

Aktungbby 07-10-23 09:23 AM

Welcome aboard!

Freewayz!:Kaleun_Salute:

D-Jones 02-27-24 01:18 PM

MaGUI and GWX--

Just curious--I'm currently playing Onealex, but I want to see how GWX works without it. No matter how many times I try, I can't get Arb Widegui to work with GWX. The Nav Map is unusable. I keep slamming into walls or running aground and killing pedestrians. Is MaGUI compatible with GWX3_Full? If so, the Media Fire page that the link provided on the mod's thread links to doesn't have MaGUI listed.

Any help finding MaGUI would be appreciated.