SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   TWoS Manual (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=244873)

Macgregor the Hammer 04-29-20 09:25 AM

TWoS Manual

I know I read that a manual for this mod is forthcoming. Is there a timeline on this. It would really be helpful. Like Grey Wolves, there's so much to this mod it really needs a reference.

Thanks.....:salute::salute:

gap 04-29-20 09:47 AM

While I don't want to put any pressure over vdr1981's shoulders while he is working on a TWoS manual, I share Macgregor's views on the need of such a manual, not only as a guide for TWoS users, but also as a general reference for modders who want to make their mods compatible with TWoS :yep:

XenonSurf 04-29-20 09:59 AM

A TWoS Manual would be the best ever add-on for this mod, and SH5 in general :yep:
A good description about the TDW interface and all the scrollable instruments and tools, plus different possibilites to setup the game (in the OFEV, in the game itself) would be enough already, other things are already well-explained in the numerous single docs that come with TWoS.
But a traditional pdf manual with all-in-one information also with nice and helpful images, that would be great.

:Kaleun_Cheers:XS

Macgregor the Hammer 04-29-20 10:47 AM

I didn't want to sound like I was putting pressure on vdr1981. I was just curious. All his work on TWoS basically created a new sim that is playable and so much better than the 'out of the box' SH5.

Macgregor sends bravo zulu to the TWoS team! :Kaleun_Salute:

Kal_Maximus_U669 04-29-20 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2666944)
A TWoS Manual would be the best ever add-on for this mod, and SH5 in general :yep:
A good description about the TDW interface and all the scrollable instruments and tools, plus different possibilites to setup the game (in the OFEV, in the game itself) would be enough already, other things are already well-explained in the numerous single docs that come with TWoS.
But a traditional pdf manual with all-in-one information also with nice and helpful images, that would be great.

:Kaleun_Cheers:XS

hello XS there is no special documentation "TWoS - OptionsFileEditorViewer" which explains in detail all the options of each function there are only a few threads but there is not a complete Pdf on this theme
maybe I have to miss something .... because I would like to know how to adjust so that during the periscopic immersion there is a speed not to exceed as for the snorkel of the options as in HSie ... a blow of hand would be welcome thank you:Kaleun_Cheers:

gap 04-29-20 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer (Post 2666953)
I didn't want to sound like I was putting pressure on vdr1981.

Nor I was suggesting that you are doing so. My apologies for giving you that impression. Knowing how much in the past I have pestered Vecko with my unrequested suggestions, my preamble was referred mostly to myself :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer (Post 2666953)
Macgregor sends bravo zulu to the TWoS team! :Kaleun_Salute:

:up:

Kal_Maximus_U669 04-29-20 02:29 PM

I want to clarify that I do not criticize this is understood vdr1981 can not be in the oven and in the mill ... :har:

Macgregor the Hammer 04-29-20 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2666982)
Nor I was suggesting that you are doing so. My apologies for giving you that impression. Knowing how much in the past I have pestered Vecko with my unrequested suggestions, my preamble was referred mostly to myself :D

:up:

And I was a bit nervous about making the post in the first place
......It's all good brother! :yeah:

gap 04-30-20 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer (Post 2667057)
And I was a bit nervous about making the post in the first place
......It's all good brother! :yeah:

No problem mate :salute: