SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   PC Hardware/Software forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Windows 7 News (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=149157)

AVGWarhawk 03-09-09 09:33 AM

Windows 7 News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506831,00.html

Elder-Pirate 03-09-09 12:57 PM

For all you people whom think Vista is so great maybe you will notice the comment written in the link AVGWarhawk stated.

"After Windows Vista landed with a thud, Microsoft needs a hit, said Michael Cherry, an analyst for the research group Directions on Microsoft." :woot:

Whenever you get here "Windows 7" I'm waiting with XP. :arrgh!:

Wolfehunter 03-09-09 01:41 PM

Yup vista is a pain in the rear end. windows 7 looks very promising. :yeah:

AVGWarhawk 03-09-09 02:22 PM

I have no issues running Vista at all. I think a lot of it is unfounded at this stage of the game. I use it at home without issue. Many say that 7 is faster. Thus far, I have only seen faster boot up with 7. I will probably upgrade but I'm waiting to see the final result for 7 and if it is really worth it. In all reality, the only major grip by most with Vista is UAC. Personally, I have no issue with it. But, yes, MS needs to have this new OS flawless on release. It is getting close to release and hope posts like this help all make an informed decision. So far from what I have seen, my Vista is just fine. Either way I would not go back to XP. Great OS XP is but I find it drab now.

Wolfehunter 03-09-09 03:58 PM

Oh I'm not going back to XP either. I'll stick with vista till the full release of windows 7. Unless MS does the same change with vista beta to Vista released when windows 7 is ready.

Task Force 03-09-09 03:59 PM

I also have no issues with vista.:yep:

Zachstar 03-09-09 05:02 PM

Why did you post a link to fox news when there is better computer news sources out there?

This fox news fanboyism is just out of hand. Same with the left posting everything from their darling MSNBC.

AVGWarhawk 03-09-09 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachstar
Why did you post a link to fox news when there is better computer news sources out there?

This fox news fanboyism is just out of hand. Same with the left posting everything from their darling MSNBC.

Are we talking Windows 7 here or news stations? :06: Sure, there are better sources....funny though, the Vista forums/Windows 7 forums sponsored by MS did not make a mention of this today. :06:

PS: I find it hard to believe Fox lives on nothing but lies... I would suspect a libel suit might crop up every now and then, no?

Sledgehammer427 03-09-09 07:31 PM

I tried the vista beta and was permanently scarred...ill stick with XPSP3

AVGWarhawk 03-09-09 07:56 PM

I bet the beta scared the crap out of just everyone who touched it. Using Vista now for over two months...nothing to be scared of now. It is a good OS.

longam 03-09-09 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachstar

Are we talking Windows 7 here or news stations? :06: Sure, there are better sources....funny though, the Vista forums/Windows 7 forums sponsored by MS did not make a mention of this today. :06:

PS: I find it hard to believe Fox lives on nothing but lies... I would suspect a libel suit might crop up every now and then, no?

Kinda like Vista bad rap.....now we see how this comes about.

Reece 03-09-09 08:30 PM

Quote:

I tried the vista beta and was permanently scarred...ill stick with XPSP3
:yeah:
I certainly will give Windows 7 a go, sounds like the one Vista should have been, I will purchase a new HDD just for that, if there are any problems I can put the old HDD back!:yep:

FIREWALL 03-09-09 09:37 PM

Hasn't anybody heard of dual- boot ?

Monica Lewinsky 03-09-09 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force
I also have no issues with vista.:yep:

Ditto here. Have two Towers and one laptop on Vista - not a single problem, ever. One thing did have to go to the junk pile ... a HP Scanjet IIc SCSI scanner that had an estimated age of 14 YEARS! of use on it.

I took the oldest piece of junk [worst one] that I have in my spare junk stock pile of 6 PCs that my customers were going to throw into a Dumpster.

An Acer Veriton model 5200D only having 512 meg Ram, crappy on-board graphics card [guessing it has on 128 video ram or less], 80-gig h.d. and everything else is OLD "stuff" for hardware etc. ... and Windows 7 beta runs like a CHAMP!

Not a single problem installing and using it on the first try. It really is a speed demon [Windows 7 on hardware greater than 6 years old] for you folks pondering what to do 12-24 months from now.

XP got retired and I don't miss a single thing about it.

SteveW1 03-10-09 12:49 AM

Theres been a new Windows 7 Beta 7048 leaked onto the net and every body who is using it say it's litterely Release candidate 1, I'm running the 7000 build and have no problems at all, it runs fantastic.

Steve