SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

Onealex 11-16-21 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falzoni666 (Post 2778860)
hi alex...ive been playing your mod for a couple of weeks now and i must say that this is definitly the best and most exciting sh experience i have ever made...thanx a lot for your fantastic work,its amazing...also your help on the forum for the players who play your mod is outstanding...i have one question and hope you could help me with it...i play sh3 for a couple of years now,but never ended a career(the longest last until decembre 1943)...so i have never played a type XXI u boat and really,really looking forward to do it...is it possible to change your mod so that i can have one at the available date of the stock game?...and if so could you give me a short advice how to do it?...i dont dare to change any values by myself cause i dunno how they are related with equipment and stuff...thanx in advance

The XXI type submarine is available from march 1945 in Bergen. So you can make +/- 1 patrol on that boat as it was in real life. Please use SH Commander to start the career in March 1945 from Bergen with type XXI. Starting from 1944 with the type XXI is not realistic because those boats were under development/testing but not in real patrols.

dex 11-16-21 03:50 PM

about discord and corupt save in my sareer

Onealex greet you,very good idea about Atlantic battle on your discord page,I'm interested for that but I can't to join because I play your mod on 50 realism automatic targeting,I read on discord a lot about your wolfpacks and Kyle is very good captain also
second thing about corypt save some glitch ,I tried 5 times from begining patrol and saves not working ,grid is AL 29
https://i.ibb.co/0FxjHjY/SH3-Img-16-...-42-29-450.png
https://i.ibb.co/FXWwQmW/SH3-Img-16-...-42-35-950.png
I tested save files in next patrol Ae87(same save file spot Be,Am,Bf Bay of Biscay grid,they working now...everything is ok ..maybe is problem only that previous patrol grid Al 29

Onealex 11-17-21 01:23 PM

Gyro compass activation fix. Now it does not interfere to fire torpedo. To activate gyro compass just move the mouse to the top. The main link has been updated

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B6S...ew?usp=sharing

deVada 11-18-21 03:08 AM

Many thanks to you Alex :)
:Kaleun_Cheers:After playing subsims since Silent Service back there in 80-ties, then through most of WWII subsims to now I find your compilation VERY immersive and easily working and beautiful and hard. Thank you!

PS
The only think I would change is the position of the cursor after i.e. enlisting a new crew member or choosing a torpedo type in base. It makes player moving the cursor a bit uncomfortable (when compared to standard GFX).

PS 2
Is there maybe a mod somewhere to disable the bell ringing every time you order a new speed? As a Captain it would be the first thing I would throw out the brigde :)

PS 3
Can't find the UZO in VII-C type, is it intended?

Onealex 11-18-21 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deVada (Post 2779166)
Many thanks to you Alex :)
:Kaleun_Cheers:After playing subsims since Silent Service back there in 80-ties, then through most of WWII subsims to now I find your compilation VERY immersive and easily working and beautiful and hard. Thank you!

PS
The only think I would change is the position of the cursor after i.e. enlisting a new crew member or choosing a torpedo type in base. It makes player moving the cursor a bit uncomfortable (when compared to standard GFX).

PS 2
Is there maybe a mod somewhere to disable the bell ringing every time you order a new speed? As a Captain it would be the first thing I would throw out the brigde :)

PS 3
Can't find the UZO in VII-C type, is it intended?

PS - I don't know how I can do that
PS2 - Yes there are plenty sound mods.
PS3 - Shift+U/Ctrl+U - Rise/Lower UZO. To activate UZO perform left mouse click on it

Onealex 11-18-21 06:33 AM

Campaign has been updated. Now saves are more reliable. The main link has been updated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_xf...ew?usp=sharing

deVada 11-19-21 04:50 AM

one more question:
My hydrophone crew seems very lazy with this mod set.
Instead of scanning the surroundings all the time, they seem to detect something on random basis, especially when the captain personally uses the hydrophones. Sometimes I am rammed by a ship while on periscope depth and they didn't warn me at all. I see them from my captain bed with headphones all the time. Are these **** listening to music instead of serving the reich?

Is it maybe because of late war sensors mod?
In standard GWX 3.2 gold they work as expected.

thanx
deV

Onealex 11-19-21 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deVada (Post 2779296)
one more question:
My hydrophone crew seems very lazy with this mod set.
Instead of scanning the surroundings all the time, they seem to detect something on random basis, especially when the captain personally uses the hydrophones. Sometimes I am rammed by a ship while on periscope depth and they didn't warn me at all. I see them from my captain bed with headphones all the time. Are these **** listening to music instead of serving the reich?

Is it maybe because of late war sensors mod?
In standard GWX 3.2 gold they work as expected.

thanx
deV

https://a.radikal.ru/a21/2111/93/9dc40cbad0bc.jpg

dex 11-19-21 08:35 AM

about last 2 fix

Hi Onealex....we can add this last 2 fix(gyro fix and campaign fix) to mods folder and activated trough Jsgm or just to add files to Sh3Onealex folder

Onealex 11-19-21 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dex (Post 2779324)
Hi Onealex....we can add this last 2 fix(gyro fix and campaign fix) to mods folder and activated trough Jsgm or just to add files to Sh3Onealex folder

Hi. Replace original files

dex 11-21-21 06:29 AM

about corupt save

Greetings to all sailors...Does someone still have problems with corupt saves
I put last update to help better saving but nothing...I save on open sea no convoy near...central Africa Atlantic
I managed to complete patrol grid with 3,4 time loading from start(load any good correct save)...maybe is interval of saving is problem,how often we save

Dieselglock 11-21-21 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dex (Post 2779587)
Greetings to all sailors...Does someone still have problems with corupt saves
I put last update to help better saving but nothing...I save on open sea no convoy near...central Africa Atlantic
I managed to complete patrol grid with 3,4 time loading from start(load any good correct save)...maybe is interval of saving is problem,how often we save

Strange I have had no issues with saves after 23 patrols with this mod. I always save in the control room always more than 50k from ships or land. I don't really have a schedule of saving but try to save every 24 hours of game time. I always make two saves before exiting the game. The first is done by escaping and saving and then continuing and then a few minutes later making a save and exit save named something like xgxgh. When reloading I reload the real save wiping out the xgxgh save.
This has been working for me and have saved all over the Atlantic this way in type 7b,7c and lXC.

Doolar 11-21-21 11:49 AM

re

No save issues here. I save the first opportunity after leaving port that is 50k from ships or land. After that I save every 2 complete game days around midnight, if I can. Before each save, I, let game run at 1x for at least 5-10 minutes, on the surface of course, at least 50k from any ships or land, gramophone off and in control room or map screen.

Onealex 11-21-21 12:42 PM

Important thing is war period. I think that in late war saves are not so good as at the beginning

dex 11-22-21 02:37 AM

about save file

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselglock (Post 2779599)
Strange I have had no issues with saves after 23 patrols with this mod. I always save in the control room always more than 50k from ships or land. I don't really have a schedule of saving but try to save every 24 hours of game time. I always make two saves before exiting the game. The first is done by escaping and saving and then continuing and then a few minutes later making a save and exit save named something like xgxgh. When reloading I reload the real save wiping out the xgxgh save.
This has been working for me and have saved all over the Atlantic this way in type 7b,7c and lXC.

Greet you Dieselglock...ahaa you have solution,interesting two saves one of them fake,,,but sometimes I try and that
Doolar Greetings..try to make save file in grid Cg middle ...lot of convoys and I run from land 100k,dive check sonar contact,surface and then if all right no convoys,radio messages make save...half of my save files is corrupt
I expereinced ctd in a middle of fight...I spoted small convoy near Cape Verde,sneak up,one destroyer lead 3 merchant ships...when I hit L destroyer with torpedo he explode and uncontrolled start to shell star shells to sky and then ctd

Onealex 11-22-21 04:46 AM

Armor level of Type II submarine has been slightly changed. The main link has been updated.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u9Q...ew?usp=sharing

CapZap1970 11-22-21 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dex (Post 2779685)
Greet you Dieselglock...ahaa you have solution,interesting two saves one of them fake,,,but sometimes I try and that
Doolar Greetings..try to make save file in grid Cg middle ...lot of convoys and I run from land 100k,dive check sonar contact,surface and then if all right no convoys,radio messages make save...half of my save files is corrupt
I expereinced ctd in a middle of fight...I spoted small convoy near Cape Verde,sneak up,one destroyer lead 3 merchant ships...when I hit L destroyer with torpedo he explode and uncontrolled start to shell star shells to sky and then ctd

I use the same technique... 2 consecutive saves 10-15 minutes apart before exit the game and never had problems.
already made it to 1944 in my current career without problems. I make a backup of my Careers folder once or twice a week in case the files get corrupted. :yep:

dex 11-22-21 04:57 PM

about corrupt saves

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapZap1970 (Post 2779773)
I use the same technique... 2 consecutive saves 10-15 minutes apart before exit the game and never had problems.
already made it to 1944 in my current career without problems. I make a backup of my Careers folder once or twice a week in case the files get corrupted. :yep:

Hi CaptZap...Only I have a problems it seems :k_confused:
I must check my configuration and mod settings
Maybe this make problems
https://i.ibb.co/Yb9GBJg/Screenshot-1.jpg

CapZap1970 11-22-21 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dex (Post 2779825)
Hi CaptZap...Only I have a problems it seems :k_confused:
I must check my configuration and mod settings
Maybe this make problems
https://i.ibb.co/Yb9GBJg/Screenshot-1.jpg

In Onealex mod, the standard number of days in base in the Basic.cfg file is 21, and when I launch SH3 via Commander (which is always) I have it set to 23. I don't know if setting the value to 15 causes problems... Can't think of a reason why 15 or any other value would cause problems, however, maybe someone else can shed more light on this... :hmmm:

Dieselglock 11-22-21 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapZap1970 (Post 2779829)
In Onealex mod, the standard number of days in base in the Basic.cfg file is 21, and when I launch SH3 via Commander (which is always) I have it set to 23. I don't know if setting the value to 15 causes problems... Can't think of a reason why 15 or any other value would cause problems, however, maybe someone else can shed more light on this... :hmmm:

I have set mine at different dates and not had any issues.