SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   increase torpedo storage (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=241440)

Conz 06-08-19 07:04 AM

increase torpedo storage

Hello!

I've been trying to increase the torpedo capacity of my sub so I don't have to motor back to port so quickly. (I know this is against the realism crowd =p)
But i'm having some trouble editing the sub and having the changes show up.
I am currently in the 2nd campaign with what I think is the VIIb sub (it doesn't show the type anywhere other than on the conning tower afaik) and using wolves of steel in case that makes any difference.

I loaded up the NSS_Uboat7b .gr2 and .sim file in goblin, added 4 entries to the FWD and 1 to the AFT storage and saved it again, but this change does not seem to propagate to the sub in game.
So then I did it for all the other NSS_Uboat7 subs as well but still nada.

Am I forgetting something ?

XenonSurf 06-08-19 08:28 AM

You must think about that even if you edit the right files correctly in data folder, these files will be transfered to your savegame folder only when you start a new career.
This means that you will not see the changes immediately by just reloading a savegame, you must start a new career with a new captain name (then use silentotto to start from where you want).

(I just made the same mistake with another mod!)

I hope this helps you, else I have no good idea which files exactly you should modify for your purpose, I hope someone else will jump in here to answer.

Greetings,
XS

Conz 06-08-19 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2613352)
You must think about that even if you edit the right files correctly in data folder, these files will be transfered to your savegame folder only when you start a new career.
This means that you will not see the changes immediately by just reloading a savegame, you must start a new career with a new captain name (then use silentotto to start from where you want).

(I just made the same mistake with another mod!)

I hope this helps you, else I have no good idea which files exactly you should modify for your purpose, I hope someone else will jump in here to answer.

Greetings,
XS

Ahaa! That would be a very good reason haha.
Thanks.

Conz 06-08-19 10:42 AM

Ok that didn't seem to work either.

:k_confused:

So i've edited all the .sim files (with goblin)
Also edited all .upcge files.
Started a new campaign with a new name.

Still no extra storage .. I've had extra torpedo's at some point way in the past so I know it should be possible ...
If anyone else has any ideas ?

Aktungbby 06-08-19 11:11 AM

Welcome aboard!

Conz!:Kaleun_Salute: