SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [TEC] Weather change (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240641)

Fifi 04-09-19 01:02 PM

Weather change

Hi,

Loving OM + OMEGU, i’m Frustrated with the damn weather not changing for days, not to say weeks.

I don’t recall seeing this in FOTRSU, so as it is same game engine (SH4) is there a mod somewhere to accelerate the rate of weather change?

The one included in Traveller mod for OM isn’t working at all (and compatibility problems with OMEGU)

Or maybe someone know the file (s) to tweak to enhance the weather change?

Thanks in advance :salute:

KaleunMarco 04-09-19 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2602346)
Hi,

Loving OM + OMEGU, i’m Frustrated with the damn weather not changing for days, not to say weeks.

I don’t recall seeing this in FOTRSU, so as it is same game engine (SH4) is there a mod somewhere to accelerate the rate of weather change?

The one included in Traveller mod for OM isn’t working at all (and compatibility problems with OMEGU)

Or maybe someone know the file (s) to tweak to enhance the weather change?

Thanks in advance :salute:

fifi,

weather is controlled from more than one file however if you are playing a career-mission, the .MIS file for that mission will control the weather for that mission. you can try the SH4_MissionEditor (ME) and look at the file contents but i have been less that satisfied in using the ME in figuring out what any one mission is trying to accomplish.
you might be better served by attempting to create a new mission and look the weather options available.
my apologies that i only know a little about this subject.

mb

Fifi 04-10-19 04:45 AM

Thanks my friend.

As already said long ago in others threads, Control+N solved partially the issue.
It unstuck the current weather running too long.

Now i will try to not TC over 512, maybe the weather will have time to change more than running X4096...

mikesn9 04-10-19 05:56 AM

There was a discussion some time ago on this.
I believe the final assumption was: don't go over TC 2048. They said the weather gets "stuck" if you do.
this applied to a stock version, if I remember right.

Fifi 04-10-19 07:25 AM

Yes, now that i don’t pass over 512, i got a weather change in middle of North Sea...for first time :up:

Before, i had the same weather from Kiel to Scapa, so it’s definitely linked to TC.

Just have to be more patient and run at 512 :D

KaleunMarco 04-10-19 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2602483)
Thanks my friend.

As already said long ago in others threads, Control+N solved partially the issue.
It unstuck the current weather running too long.

Now i will try to not TC over 512, maybe the weather will have time to change more than running X4096...

be careful with the Control-N thing. apparently, the change is unilateral...and not as complete as you might think.
there was a post, this year i believe, in which there was a healthy discussion of what occurs when you use control-n. as you have probably seen, it might clear the rain, fog, and clouds, but it does not reduce the size of waves. also, it does NOT change the weather for the enemy forces.
i will try and find the post-string and repost it here.

:salute:

Fifi 04-10-19 08:10 AM

Yes Marco, i’ve readed it.

Not exceeding 512 TC in game, the weather is changing every 2/3 days or so now. That’s very good to me :up:

:salute:

Fifi 04-10-19 12:26 PM

UPDATE:

Up to TC X1024, no weather problem :yeah:

propbeanie 04-11-19 10:02 AM

I'll look for the nVidia settings for SH4 if you have an nVidia card Fifi. Front Runner several months ago discovered discrepancies in his game's time clock when he was doing 1x TC while he noodled about the house while playing the game. His sunset was earlier and earlier each day. But when he used certain levels of higher TC, the clock would "hold". Part of the problem is that the game is built to run at 30fps, and that's what "ties" the game's day / night cycle, base time, moon cycles, etc. all together. If your game is running over 30fps, then your clock gets out of whack. Above a certain level of TC (2048??), the "clock" seems to run slower. Plus, doing a Save in the middle of a weather cycle will re-set the time it has run that cycle back to zero, like the patrol time does... :salute:

arief.satriyo 04-26-19 02:45 PM

Got similar problem here, it even worse in my case because the weather for all-purpose and intend is non-existent. Apparently OMEGU break any presence of weather system not to mention the water look cartoonish.

How do I get the stock water and weather and the clouds, rain, etc back while still retaining OM + OMEGU...?

Thanks Beforehand :)