SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   odd ships with wrong engine sound?? opmonsun (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169072)

alphlvr 05-06-10 09:19 PM

odd ships with wrong engine sound?? opmonsun

i keep finding ships that have the sinking sound for the engine noise, i hear it on the hydrophone and if i get close on the surface.

latest example is a M-KF-M(a) flying a swedish flag (dec 1939, east coast of blighty) that sailed past making the `scufandare`sinking noise rather than a engine sound?

i keep getting this behavior, i even bought the gold version as well to try and eliminate it, as well as reinstalling xp and trying different computers.

when i find a convoy one ship is usually playing the sinking noise for its engine sound, its a real immersion killer, has anyone else noticed this?
i originally thought it was ships that had struck mines, but when i went to investigate they are doing 12 knots and sail past me quite happily except with a disguised engine noise. (crafty)

fresh gold install on a fresh xp
om 705
om 705 - 720
om720 patvh 4
omegu 300
omegu 300 patch6

its really annoying me, can anyone shed any light onthis? about 1 in 10 ships are doing it

am i really the only person who gets this?

L_DOG 06-11-10 01:51 AM

I get the same crap on my machine with the mods you mentioned

lurker_hlb3 06-11-10 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphlvr (Post 1384538)
i keep finding ships that have the sinking sound for the engine noise, i hear it on the hydrophone and if i get close on the surface.

latest example is a M-KF-M(a) flying a swedish flag (dec 1939, east coast of blighty) that sailed past making the `scufandare`sinking noise rather than a engine sound?

i keep getting this behavior, i even bought the gold version as well to try and eliminate it, as well as reinstalling xp and trying different computers.

when i find a convoy one ship is usually playing the sinking noise for its engine sound, its a real immersion killer, has anyone else noticed this?
i originally thought it was ships that had struck mines, but when i went to investigate they are doing 12 knots and sail past me quite happily except with a disguised engine noise. (crafty)

fresh gold install on a fresh xp
om 705
om 705 - 720
om720 patvh 4
omegu 300
omegu 300 patch6

its really annoying me, can anyone shed any light onthis? about 1 in 10 ships are doing it

am i really the only person who gets this?

unable to recreate

Sailor Steve 06-11-10 04:08 PM

How was the weather at the time? If it was rough they may indeed have been sinking.

Side-note: That's one of the things that really annoys me about SH3 and SH4 - as soon as a ship starts to think about going down it starts making that noise. It's supposed to be bulheads collapsing. It shouldn't start until the ship is 30 meters or more deep.