SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Manual sonar usage (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173935)

airmanwilhelm20 08-21-10 07:00 PM

Manual sonar usage

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to manually control the sonar. I read another post here about using the mousewheel, but that didn't work. They also said if you click on the bearing wheel it should move to that position, that didn't work either. Is there some setting I need to activate before I can use the sonar? If so, which? Any help is appreciated.

Stealhead 08-21-10 07:19 PM

You can use the home and end keys to move the head they also move the radar.What version of the game are you running though I don't recall if those work with without mods.

WernherVonTrapp 08-22-10 04:19 PM

Click on the screen in the sonar room until your cursor is visible, then you should be able to turn the sonar dial with your mousewheel.

tomoose 08-23-10 11:38 AM

Clicking on the actual dial.....

.....will also work. I.e. with your cursor visible (or maybe invisible, I forget) simply move it onto your sonar dial to the desired direction you want to listen, click, and the sonar needle will spin around to that point. It will go either clockwise or counterclockwise depending on how close the needle already is to the selected point.

PLUS:
If you click and hold you can 'drag' the needle around the dial (I may be wrong on that part as I haven't done that method for some time). I'm using TMO 2.0 so some of this may only work with the mod.
:salute:

WernherVonTrapp 08-23-10 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomoose (Post 1475266)
.....will also work. I.e. with your cursor visible (or maybe invisible, I forget) simply move it onto your sonar dial to the desired direction you want to listen, click, and the sonar needle will spin around to that point. It will go either clockwise or counterclockwise depending on how close the needle already is to the selected point.

PLUS:
If you click and hold you can 'drag' the needle around the dial (I may be wrong on that part as I haven't done that method for some time). I'm using TMO 2.0 so some of this may only work with the mod.
:salute:

I'm playing RFB/RSRDC and it does that too. You can either drag the dial or click on the point you wish to sweep to.;)

sergei 08-23-10 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomoose (Post 1475266)
If you click and hold you can 'drag' the needle around the dial

That's something that was added in by modders.
I know it's in TMO and RFB.
In stock you'll have to use the 'home' and 'end' keys for quick sweeps, and the mousewheel for fine tuning (as already pointed out ;))