SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, full release (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243064)

cdrsubron7 11-15-19 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfpack345 (Post 2636644)
Hey Guys! I have been playing the mod and I have to say it is really great! This has definitely pulled me back into SH4.
I made a short cinematic video to showcase the mod on my Youtube Channel and let people know about it. It is based off Original introduction video because it is so darn cool. Anyways here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Bravo Zulu, Wolfpack345. Nicely done. :salute:

von Zelda 11-15-19 11:37 AM

Mods with Steam for SH3, SH4 & SH4 with FotRSU

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laffertytig (Post 2636689)
Does this mod work with the steam version of sh4? in fact the same question goes for sh3 as well, do mods work for that as well with the steam version?

Yes, I've heavily modded the Steam versions of SH3 & SH4v1.5; and just recently I've added 5 or 6 mods to my newly installed SH4v1.5 + FotRSU

K9us 11-15-19 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2636679)
I don't remember, are you told "So-and-so wants to hitch a ride to Surabaya with you"? That is the purpose behind some of the other missions' Objective of having a player come back in to either Mariveles or Manila Harbor.

Not as far as I can recall. There were some very specific instructions for the first mission to check out coastal areas near Verde and Batangas, and after that I was sent up north. I did rescue alot of survivors from the planes that were shot down (again, LOVE these kinds of details), but they didn't have a specific destination in mind when I picked them up :P

Quote:

As in real life, the plans were often changed before they were implemented, due to the speed with which the invasions occurred, and due to Allied lack of communications between the various nations.

Indeed, and I love that detail too, you can almost hear the panic at HQ through the wording of the messages, very immersive. I mean, the issues I've had with the map circles and being sent back to Mariveles when Mariveles no longer exist could actually be seen as clerical errors or just mistakes made in panic. The "bug" of being sent there after it was abandoned is in a way more immersive, and if you haven't conserved your fuel you may be in a pickle, which is also immersive. I'm just not used to that kind of embivalent behavior from HQ :D

Quote:

As to crashing on loading a Save, double-check your LAA activation on the SH4.exe file, and be sure that the SH4.exe is not set to "Read-only" in its attributes. If it is, clear that, then try LAA on the SH4.exe file again. Usually speaking, a failure to load a Saved game is the result of bad data in the file, which can occur from not having enough RAM available to the game. The attack on the Task Force is a symptom of that. If you have a 32-bit version of Windows, let us know...

Win 10 x64, 16 gig RAM total, i7-4790 @ 4.5GHz, Nvidia GTX 970.
Confirmed LAA flag is set, and exe is not read-only.
Exe properties: Running in Win 7 compatibility mode, as admin, and overriding high DPI behavior is set to Application.
This is the steam version, installed in custom directory (C:\Games\Steam...) on SSD drive with 80 gigs free. Did a clean install (i.e. deleted both the game dir and the entire SH4 dir in Documents). Also installed DirectX 9 from the SH directory since the Steam installer didn't ask me to install it.

Quote:

btw, that torpedo could have come from an airplane. I don't think we have any submerged AI subs at the beginning... :hmmm:

Really? Cool! It looked like a Mk14, but maybe planes carried similar looking torpedoes? Anyway, really cool stuff.

I'll keep you posted if I run into other issues.

Wolfpack345 11-15-19 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2636673)

Very nice! As s7rikeback says, "We may have to 'borrow' that"... Do you mind if we link to your vid in our Front Page post #4? There is a plan to do a different layout for that post, but we haven't figured out how just yet... :roll:

Thank you Guys! Of course you can use it for the front page! I am glad you guys like it! :yeah:

propbeanie 11-15-19 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laffertytig (Post 2636689)
Does this mod work with the steam version of sh4?

in fact the same question goes for sh3 as well, do mods work for that as well with the steam version?

Quote:

Originally Posted by von Zelda (Post 2636699)
Yes, I've heavily modded the Steam versions of SH3 & SH4v1.5; and just recently I've added 5 or 6 mods to my newly installed SH4v1.5 + FotRSU

Confirmed. Just make certain that your Steam game is NOT in a Program Files folder. Use a different Steam Library folder on another drive, or use the Steam Knowledgebase Article "Moving a Steam Installation and Games for more info on moving the game if necessary.
----------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Originally Posted by K9us (Post 2636700)
Not as far as I can recall. There were some very specific instructions for the first mission to check out coastal areas near Verde and Batangas, and after that I was sent up north. I did rescue alot of survivors from the planes that were shot down (again, LOVE these kinds of details), but they didn't have a specific destination in mind when I picked them up :P ...

While it is a cool challenge to rescue downed pilots, no renown is awarded for doing such, unless it is within a previously defined area and an assigned Objective. It should be a part of the game, but...
Quote:

Win 10 x64, 16 gig RAM total, i7-4790 @ 4.5GHz, Nvidia GTX 970.
Confirmed LAA flag is set, and exe is not read-only.
Exe properties: Running in Win 7 compatibility mode, as admin, and overriding high DPI behavior is set to Application.
This is the steam version, installed in custom directory (C:\Games\Steam...) on SSD drive with 80 gigs free. Did a clean install (i.e. deleted both the game dir and the entire SH4 dir in Documents). Also installed DirectX 9 from the SH directory since the Steam installer didn't ask me to install it...

Should not be an issue... perhaps something running in the background on the computer, such as Windows Update, "stole" cpu cycles... :hmmm:

Quote:

... Cool! It looked like a Mk14, but maybe planes carried similar looking torpedoes? Anyway, really cool stuff...

The plane will drop what looks like a Mk 13, but it is an illusional drop, and then a Mk 14 is actually spawned and used from there.
----------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfpack345 (Post 2636702)
Thank you Guys! Of course you can use it for the front page! I am glad you guys like it! :yeah:

Thank you! :salute:

THEBERBSTER 11-15-19 12:48 PM

I am a Wolfpack345 subscriber on YouTube and he has some great quality videos worth checking out.
This latest one would make a great opening video when starting FOTRSU.
Peter

torpedobait 11-15-19 03:04 PM

Found the Solution to No Video

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2636610)
First thing, when doing the #6) "Read-only" attribute, do that prior to #5) using LAA, so that LAA will in fact write to the exe file's header. The way to check for success is to run LAA again, and load the SH4.exe back in to the applet, to see whether or not it is in fact set to true. For #7), I usually right-click on the desktop, choosing "New..." and "Shortcut" from the menu, then point that at the SH4 directory, so that I am certain that there isn't any "Registry" stuff that will direct the shortcut to the original install folder. But, I have over six copies of SH4 on my hard drive for various mods, and then I use MultiSH4 to write a Save folder for each copy... As for "I can see nothing on my monitor" statement, as per THEBERBSTER's "SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT..." thread, be sure and see "Changing the GPU Settings..." and "How to Change DPI Scaling..." - I thought he had one in there about Admin rights & Compatibility Mode, but maybe that's in another one of his posts... ??

In the meantime, the usual question: Did you install DirectX v9.0c and the Codecs? I'm not sure they'll install from the disk anymore in Windows 10, but you could also go to Microsoft.com's download section and try the "[url=https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429DirectX 9c Runtime[/url]"...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
:salute:

I didn't find the answer in the above recommended "How to Change DPI Scaling", but it was directly related! I found it in the Sticky Post in the SH4 Forum for "SH4 and Windows 10" posted by Ensign Dunsel.

He reported the exact same problem, which he fixed eventually by both Registering the game with Ubisoft and setting an Override to the High DPI Scaling Behavior. He wasn't sure which of the two did the trick, but I now know it wasn't the Registration Step in the Installation - I couldn't get to the page on Ubisoft.com to try that one. but I was able to set the DPI scaling.

I went to SH4.exe, right clicked and selected Properties, the Compatibility tab. He unchecked the Compatibility and let it run under Win10 - says it works fine. I left mine checked to run under VISTA, 2nd Release. What made the difference and solved the issue was to go to the bottom of that tab and select the "Change High DPI Settings". Then go to the bottom of that one and check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and allow Scaling Performed by: Application". VOILA!

I am now preparing to leave Midway Atoll on my first patrol in USS Trout (SS-202) Tambour Class. Hurrah! Back to the war, boys!

Thank you Propbeanie! :salute:

s7rikeback 11-15-19 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2636705)
I am a Wolfpack345 subscriber on YouTube and he has some great quality videos worth checking out.
Peter

That is not a bad shout THEBERBSTER,
May have to look into that..:up:

THEBERBSTER 11-15-19 06:26 PM

Hi Guys
One problem I have noticed once I have gone on deck it does not matter what station I go to or the boat has dived I still get all the wind noise and waves clattering against the boat.

Is this radar supposed to rotate?
https://i.postimg.cc/25j0PCzX/SJ1-1-Radar.jpg

Peter

Wolfpack345 11-15-19 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2636705)
Peter

Thank you for the kind words! I am glad you like my videos!

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7rikeback (Post 2636718)
That is not a bad shout THEBERBSTER,
May have to look into that..:up:

If you do end up using the video let me know if there is anything I can do for you! :up:

propbeanie 11-16-19 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2636722)
Hi Guys
One problem I have noticed once I have gone on deck it does not matter what station I go to or the boat has dived I still get all the wind noise and waves clattering against the boat.

Is this radar supposed to rotate?
https://i.postimg.cc/25j0PCzX/SJ1-1-Radar.jpg

Peter

I have found that any "bad boy" behavior in the game seems to accentuate the wind and sea sound. Among the behaviors would be of course, shelling out to Windows, but also use of a higher TC setting, which I have not figured out what that level might be, and I doubt if that would be consistent either, in that it is probably hardware related. But the one thing that seems to do it also is the use of the external camera, apparently even in close to your sub, and I don't understand that. I'll experiment with the new camera files and the old from pre-v0.92RC3, and see what I get with that. Very frustrating though. If you look at the video I made in Post #4 where I'm on the Narwhal in 15ms winds, I did not use TC, went outside the boat, and stayed close-by, but to start the video recording, I had to shell-out to Windows to start the app, since the game crashes if I start the recording app prior to the game loading... but you will hear the wind and sea when I'm at the NavMap in that video, and it is just as loud as being outside. Can't have that, so we want to find the fault there...

For that radar THEBERBSTER, turn the radar on, set to "continuous sweep", since it is off by default, and see if it doesn't rotate, unless you're looking at the early SD, and then it does not rotate. The image looks like a parabolic antennae though - at least, to my eyes... :roll: :salute:

THEBERBSTER 11-16-19 05:36 PM

Hi pb
Started the game tonight and the radar was doing a sweep correctly.
Peter

FotRSU Mod Team 11-16-19 07:32 PM

All,

Loving the feedback so far....

Please keep reporting any problems you encounter, our team will try to resolve them.. as long as they are not hard-coded...

It's taken it's time to be at this release stage, thank you for staying with us..
:subsim:

Fifi 11-17-19 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2636813)
Hi pb
Started the game tonight and the radar was doing a sweep correctly.
Peter

I recall having same problem some time ago with old FOTRSU version.
Can’t find back my posts here, but i think it solved by itself...or was it when i got new rig with more RAM?...can’t remember.

Specbass 11-17-19 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FotRSU Mod Team (Post 2636490)
Did you get going OK there Specbass? Let us know how you made-out, if you will please (with the game - the game!)! Thank you! :salute:

I did! The LAA did the trick! Mod looks absolute awesome! :Kaleun_Salute: