SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, full release (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243064)

maxswain 11-13-19 08:47 AM

crew management

Thanks for the amazing super mod! It seems every super mod handles the crew slightly differently. I noticed the watch crews lounge is empty should I pack that with new sailors before I'm underway?

kickswitch 11-13-19 09:01 AM

Love it!

I'm loving this mod at the moment.
:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:Also,

Did a google search and a Subsim search to find out whether there is voice recognition for FOTRS but could only find a video posted by some bloke on youtube running it for demonstration purposes with voice activation within this specific mod.

see here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgBMhI5Nm_g

His name is Spanish, and he appears to b speaking in that language so I'm guessing that's where this gentleman is from.

Anyone know where I can find speech recognition for FOTRS, I realise there is already a mod for this but none of the batch files for voice recognition mod are specifically for this mod i.e TMO Right handed/left handed - Stock Right handed/Left handed
Haven't seen a FOTRS one, anybody in the know?
A thought just occured - maybe he modified it himself?

kickswitch 11-13-19 09:05 AM

Aha!

Just found voice attack.

I suppose I either fork out fifteen bucks or modify the csv files

Does anyone know of any links or links to guides for csv file modifying for this?

Thanks in advance.

Fifi 11-13-19 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxswain (Post 2636439)
Thanks for the amazing super mod! It seems every super mod handles the crew slightly differently. I noticed the watch crews lounge is empty should I pack that with new sailors before I'm underway?

No, it’s a room for deck watch crew when underwater when under depth charges attack...otherwise your deck crew is not protected!
So when there is a depth charges attack risk, move all your deck crew there :yep: (before it start of course!)

Larrywb57 11-13-19 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxswain (Post 2636439)

Crew members that are on deck watch are more acceptable to injury than other crew members in other departments except deck gun crews. When you are expecting an depth charge attack or an attack by aircraft. Move the deck watch to the watch crew lounge to help protect them like crew members in the other departments.

propbeanie 11-13-19 01:11 PM

... and move the deck gun crew, which if you notice, can be "built" from your Repair Team, but move them back to the Repair Team slots... :salute:

FotRSU Mod Team 11-13-19 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specbass (Post 2636334)
So I've installed this. I start a campaign from Pearl in december 41. The compass and other instruments are white/blank. I switch to external cam and then it's a CTD. I've installed this through JSGME. I have played this with TMO and RFB so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

i5 4470
8 GB Ram
Win 8
1050 TI

Did you get going OK there Specbass? Let us know how you made-out, if you will please (with the game - the game!)! Thank you! :salute:

Aktungbby 11-13-19 05:14 PM

Welcome back!

Specbass!:Kaleun_Salute: after a bit of a silent run!

THEBERBSTER 11-13-19 07:08 PM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Specbass
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

von Zelda 11-14-19 06:40 AM

Just installed FotRS unliited edition

Previously played SH4 v1.5 with GFO and approximately 45 mods for quite some time. Just installed the FotRS new release on my nine year old, windows 7 laptop and I'm quite impressed. Everything runs quite well so far.

Immediately added my own heavily modded Commands file to replace the very well thought out keyboard design from FotRS; just unable to play without my many memorized key-strokes.

I also got rid of the nomograph on the right side of the map, reversed the ocean water colors, replaced the 360-degree bearing plotter with a favorite of mine and used one of Webster's visibility mods to lighten the under water view. I also added the included strategic_map_symbols mod.

Very impressive how easily it is to get FotRSU to run and appear just like you want it. Thanks to all the developers.

Hitman 11-14-19 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickswitch (Post 2636440)
I'm loving this mod at the moment.
:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:Also,

Did a google search and a Subsim search to find out whether there is voice recognition for FOTRS but could only find a video posted by some bloke on youtube running it for demonstration purposes with voice activation within this specific mod.

see here

His name is Spanish, and he appears to b speaking in that language so I'm guessing that's where this gentleman is from.

Anyone know where I can find speech recognition for FOTRS, I realise there is already a mod for this but none of the batch files for voice recognition mod are specifically for this mod i.e TMO Right handed/left handed - Stock Right handed/Left handed
Haven't seen a FOTRS one, anybody in the know?
A thought just occured - maybe he modified it himself?

Yes that is spanish from Spain (Not latin america) but I don't know who the guy is or where he is.

However, there is this for voice command:

http://knepfler.com/shSpeech/

Good hunting :Kaleun_Salute:

jldjs 11-14-19 12:03 PM

Need a link Capn Scurvy Win 10 Install guide

please and thank you! Just got a new rig with Win 10 on it and want to install SH4 but having difficulty finding Capn Scurvy's recommendations
I found it I'm good.

THEBERBSTER 11-14-19 12:12 PM

Hi guys
Just downloaded the new version and found your additional mods.

Pearl Harbor Beginning January 1944 with my favorite boat the Narwahl.
https://i.postimg.cc/K8Vfm3wS/captur...019-224513.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/x8wj0RvN/captur...019-224538.jpg

Looks like quite a dangerous mission not come across having to face mines before.
https://i.postimg.cc/y87ZZm3C/captur...23727-Copy.jpg

Peter

K9us 11-14-19 12:43 PM

Seems to be a small issue with the early Manilla-based S-boat missions. After patrolling Verde Island for 10 days I'm sent to an area NW of Subic for another 6 day patrol. However, before this 6 day patrol is over, the patrol area circle is moved to the area at Lingayen, but no radio message is recieved, and the mission star/flag is still down at Subic. I have to stay for exactly 6 days before the star/flag is moved and the order is recieved by radio.

The only mods I'm running except FOTRSU is three of the four extras, namely Easy AOB, No Scroll Nav Map, Strategic Map Symbols, and my own mod that replaces the submarine diesel engine sounds to stock.

I'm thinking maybe there's an issue with the included Strategic Map Symbols? Or is it because I'm running at 60fps? (I can't stand the 30 fps sluggishness).

torpedobait 11-14-19 01:19 PM

Technical Assistance with Installation of v1.0.1

First, let me say I don't believe my problem is directly related to the Mod itself, but rather with the attempt to reinstall SH4 and then the Mod.

I took the following steps for the installation:
1. Deactivated all Mods in JSGME (not really needed, but no harm done, I think)
2. Uninstalled SH4 completely from G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter-IV
3. Deleted the entire SH4 folder from the Documents folder on my C: drive
4. Installed a new SH4 Gold with Uboat Missions into G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV
5. Reset all LAA entries to True after verifying it pointed to the correct SH4.exe (only have 1)
6. Set all folders and files in the game directory above to undo the Read Only attribute
7. Moved the SH4-FOTRSU shortcut to my desktop for easy access
8. Unzipped the new Mod using 7Zip into the new MODS folder
9. Activated the Mod via JSGME

Started the game with the shortcut - NOTHING!

Looked in the Win10 Task Manager - the game was running!

I can see nothing on my monitor.

I've tried doing the full uninstall of the above and installed a Pristine SH4 Gold copied from a previous directory on my H: drive. Same results. Compatibility Mode is for VISTA. I also tried XP. No joy.

I tried running the base game (v1.5) without any mods. Same results.

All my other apps seem to run just fine, including my old SH3-GWX. Only SH4 appears to run according to the Task Manager, but I can't see it.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

:k_confused: