SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   [TEC] Increase weapons loadout Collins Class (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239576)

Fearless 01-05-19 07:45 PM

Increase weapons loadout Collins Class

Hi team,
Having looked at statistics for the Collins Class Sub, I note that the sub can carry a mix of 22 weapons comprising of Harpoon and Mk 48 Mod 4 or Mod 7 torpedoes. The current maximum loadout for DWX/RA 1.46 Collins Class is all up (including loaded tubes) 18 weapons..

Is there a way I can increase this so it can hold 22? I had a look in DWEdit and changed the loadout in the Launcher file but the loadout has not changed in game.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. :Kaleun_Salute:

Pirate 01-06-19 06:02 AM

Weapon loadouts in the Launcher dialog in DWEdit are ONLY for AI platforms in game.

Weapon loadouts for user platforms are hardcoded in the wpnloadout.dll and fctd.dll/fctarget.dll files.
Only hexediting those files will actually change the user played platform weapon loadout.

Fearless 01-06-19 06:08 AM

Ah.thanks Pirate:Kaleun_Salute:
I was also wondering which interface was used by the Collins Class sub in DWX/RA mod.

Pirate 01-06-19 07:36 AM

It uses the NON_NUKE_SUB interface which is a highly modified Kilo interface.
Also it's FCTD.dll is actually FCTarget.dll renamed to FCTD.dll

Fearless 01-06-19 08:12 AM

Thanks again Pirate :Kaleun_Salute:

Fearless 01-06-19 07:28 PM

Well, I thought I'd have a go at Hex editing but have no idea what to look for.

What Hex editing tool do you guys use and what should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance. :Kaleun_Salute:

Stewy1 01-08-19 03:01 AM

I'm no expert., but Hexedit has been recommended before. I've downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to play with it.

Please keep us posted as to how you get on. I've been keen for ages to have the Seawolf helm screen for the modern diesels (like Collins - I don't care if the depth is in feet) and I would LOVE to be able to have the Oberon as a playable (especially the Aussie ones!) using the Kilo interface (6 tubes, no TA, batteries and snorting, etc.)

Cheers mate,
Stew

Fearless 01-08-19 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewy1 (Post 2585480)
I'm no expert., but Hexedit has been recommended before. I've downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to play with it.

Please keep us posted as to how you get on. I've been keen for ages to have the Seawolf helm screen for the modern diesels (like Collins - I don't care if the depth is in feet) and I would LOVE to be able to have the Oberon as a playable (especially the Aussie ones!) using the Kilo interface (6 tubes, no TA, batteries and snorting, etc.)

Cheers mate,
Stew

Hi Stewy1, Installing DWX will give you the option to command those subs.

Stewy1 01-08-19 05:38 PM

Thanks very much, Fearless - but, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Oberon (of any country) isn't a playable in RA?

I think the Sauro (Italian) class is coming as a new playable soon - but that's the only Western diesel in the pipeline?

Fearless 01-08-19 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewy1 (Post 2585576)
Thanks very much, Fearless - but, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Oberon (of any country) isn't a playable in RA?

I think the Sauro (Italian) class is coming as a new playable soon - but that's the only Western diesel in the pipeline?

That is true the Oberon is AI only. I use the Collins class being an Aussie myself. I've currently changed the sub in Sicilian Wedding to the Collins class to test whether it can complete the missions given. At the moment I'm still stuck on how to hex edit the weapon loadout changing it from 18 to 22 holding capacity as it is in real life.

Oh, bythaway your map packs are awesome. I'm working on missions as well specifically for the Collins class.

Fearless 01-08-19 09:06 PM

Hi Stewy1,

See http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...15#post2585615 for changes to Collins Class weapons loadout.

Stewy1 01-09-19 08:50 PM

Thanks very much for that, Fearless. I'll check out your instructions on how to do it.

Quick question - have you had a look at the ShipControl .dll for the Non_Nuke_Sub? I've been meaning to take a look and see if it's possible to 'patch over' the Seawolf helm screen for the Western playables (Collins, French Barracuda, etc.) - but I know nothing about Hex editing...

Thanks for the feedback on my maps - I'm about 80% done on a Western Sahara map at the moment! :ping: I'd be keen to try your missions too!

Stew

Fearless 01-10-19 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewy1 (Post 2585745)
Thanks very much for that, Fearless. I'll check out your instructions on how to do it.

Quick question - have you had a look at the ShipControl .dll for the Non_Nuke_Sub? I've been meaning to take a look and see if it's possible to 'patch over' the Seawolf helm screen for the Western playables (Collins, French Barracuda, etc.) - but I know nothing about Hex editing...

Thanks for the feedback on my maps - I'm about 80% done on a Western Sahara map at the moment! :ping: I'd be keen to try your missions too!

Stew

Not really. There is however a ShipControlColl.dll in the Non_Nuke_Sub folder which could be specific for the Collins Class. I tried by renaming it to ShipControl but it wouldn't load.

Jace11 01-27-19 05:56 AM

Perhaps we should pool known positions for the various interface variables into a useful thread. Finding and testing these things is ridiculously hard. CrazyIvan and perhaps a couple of other individuals from the RA team are probably the only people with a decent knowledge.

I've only know a couple.

SSN21 Shipcontrol.dll

offset 0x000085E1 = Shift+F5 Depth setting i.e snorkel depth, it is in feet and a positive value.
Default hex value is 36 = 54 feet
RA hex is 41 = 65 feet for the new seawolf model

Pirate's input for the kilo interface rack ammo helped me find the same setting for all the kilos, there are 5 in the file in total Kilo Rus, Kilo CH, Kilo Imp Rus, Kilo Imp CH and Kilo Klub Imp CH but I didn't work out the order. I think the Klub CH kilo is the 4th kilo in the file and the Kilo ImpCH is the fifth but I'll have to compare files and check offsets to find them again.

Alcon2009 01-07-22 02:50 PM

I know the post is old, Fearless, to changing the name of the DLL, basically change it in the interface folder you want, then go to controllers.ini file located in game directory and search the name of the interface folder in notepad, it will say the names of the Dlls need to load, and rename it to the name u put in Interface dll thing, idk if i explain myself, but ok :salute: