SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2020 » Discussion and Support (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247796)

wil69 08-13-21 06:35 PM

Can't intsall, got virus warning

as I said, I can't unzip this, let alone install it. I got a virus warning

Aktungbby 08-14-21 01:27 PM

Welcome aboard!

wil69!:Kaleun_Salute:

Sangamon Taylor 08-21-21 11:07 AM

Directional tails on radio contacts

When a reported ship shows up on the map it has a tail showing it's course.

Is there an easy way to eliminate the tail so it just shows a box with no tail, a la GWX?

Slammer597 08-23-21 04:03 PM

Not sure if this is the place to post this question.
Is there a manual for LSH3 2020 that describes how to use the deck gun or the keyboard layout etc. Perhaps you just use the original sh3 manual.
LHS3 2020 loaded and working fine.

Thanks

hughesjr 08-26-21 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slammer597 (Post 2764510)
Not sure if this is the place to post this question.
Is there a manual for LSH3 2020 that describes how to use the deck gun or the keyboard layout etc. Perhaps you just use the original sh3 manual.
LHS3 2020 loaded and working fine.

Thanks

If you press 'F1' .. you get a keyboard on screen that shows you all the shortcuts :)

Dieselglock 08-28-21 07:08 PM

A couple of questions

Just downloaded and have been running single missions for the last day with this great super mod.

I am running the optional OLC gui. I have no button to lock and unlock the TDC. I know I can use shift T but I saw in a post earlier that there was a button which I don't seem to have. I would prefer a button. Everything seems to be working fine hope my install is good.

Thanks in advance.

Aktungbby 09-02-21 10:37 AM

Welcome back!

Dieselglock!:Kaleun_Salute: after a long silent run!:up:

Dieselglock 09-05-21 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2766146)
Dieselglock!:Kaleun_Salute: after a long silent run!:up:

Yes it has good to be back. :salute:

kaizerhund10 09-13-21 09:22 PM

trying to install first time, i put in password LSH3-2020-CAREER and it will not unzip files. get a error maybe its the wrong password. whats the password? also do i install the lsh3 installation first then the multiinstallation second? i tryed the multiinstallation and ask me to locate original sh3.exe which i have in d/games/sh3 folder and it says it can not find the file which i have the ubisoft sh3 game. any thoughts?

GrenSo 09-14-21 12:22 AM

Hi,

if someone from the LSH3 team reads it, it would be great if there were more harbors, like in the Netherlands or other nations, in the new upcoming version LSH2021.

kaizerhund10 09-14-21 04:48 PM

sry should have read more on the 1rst post, solved it

Sam.Willow 09-21-21 09:06 AM

Following Instructions Helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by wil69 (Post 2762768)
as I said, I can't unzip this, let alone install it. I got a virus warning

OK so you didn't read the installation instructions. That's on you not the Mod.

Sam.Willow 09-21-21 10:02 AM

Trouble on the high seas

I don't usually need to ask for help but this time I am stumped. Yes I did search the forum for references to NVIDIA but this problem is not mentioned.

I am late climbing on the LSH3 band wagon and Win10 is not allowing me to specify all of the required settings for my NVIDIA RTX3060 Video card.

I did find a way to specify 1360X768 resolution. I can not find a way to specify 3D settings or Scaling. There is a notice on the NVIDIA Control Panel that Windows now selects these settings. I do not know what to do.

I requested support from LSH3.com but I was referred to Subsim, probably because I do not speak/read German. Does anyone know how I can edit the registry to specify these settings.

I feel like I'm getting a headache.

https://i.postimg.cc/4K2c30S1/Headster.gif

Kal_Maximus_U669 09-21-21 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam.Willow (Post 2769730)
I don't usually need to ask for help but this time I am stumped. Yes I did search the forum for references to NVIDIA but this problem is not mentioned.

I am late climbing on the LSH3 band wagon and Win10 is not allowing me to specify all of the required settings for my NVIDIA RTX3060 Video card.

I did find a way to specify 1360X768 resolution. I can not find a way to specify 3D settings or Scaling. There is a notice on the NVIDIA Control Panel that Windows now selects these settings. I do not know what to do.

I requested support from LSH3.com but I was referred to Subsim, probably because I do not speak/read German. Does anyone know how I can edit the registry to specify these settings.

I feel like I'm getting a headache.

https://i.postimg.cc/4K2c30S1/Headster.gif

First of all did you install "nvidiaProfileInspector" & "nvidiaInspector" ...
because in your basic control panel you do not have all the basic parameters you want .. you will get more with these tools ...
now you can use :Kaleun_Wink:https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...35&postcount=1
to have another hud interface 1920 x 1080
there is the one from Diegogut which is also very good and which allows you to play with the same resolution as well as with the interiors if you wish.
:Kaleun_Wink:https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...35&postcount=1
for all these operations configure your anti virus so that it does not bother you anymore ... besides it is **** these anti virus i have not used for 5 years now .. plus new viruses arrive every day. .the time that they put in sometimes it is too late !!! if you know your machine? do you know what you're doing? the firewall is window defender its amply sufficient if it is configured correctly your machine will gain in performance and will not work in the background to eat up your resources ... moreover why pay this bull**** .. it is a scam. .. no more problems with installing .. with all these permissions of Mdr ... windo 10 is full of bull**** which is of no use to all of the least for me .. when you fire all these "mdr" you have to see the ram that saving you is incredible..not even talking about services which are useless which are activated on their own from the base..moreover the updates a calvere sometimes to make work games already installed which works ... then during from the next update nothing is going well ... sometimes you have to reset it..really I hate this windo10 I just spent there may be ... windo7 is much better for silent hunter and much more ... voila now good luck I think you have all the information you need to area work your super RTX what feet this card but at the moment not found or at exorbitant prices thank you for the shortage

Sam.Willow 09-22-21 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 (Post 2769818)
First of all did you install "nvidiaProfileInspector" & "nvidiaInspector" ...

Thank you for your help.

I just received a support message from LSH3.com

They provided a link to their forum that covers this extensively.
https://roehrenfahrer.iphpbb3.com/fo...kkarte-t9.html

If you use Chrome browser it will translate the page on the fly.

I believe that I am now good to go.

Thanks again! OH! & That headache is gone now.
:subsim:
Sam

Aktungbby 09-22-21 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam.Willow (Post 2769978)

Thank you for your help.

I just received a support message from LSH3.com

They provided a link to their forum that covers this extensively.
https://roehrenfahrer.iphpbb3.com/fo...kkarte-t9.html

If you use Chrome browser it will translate the page on the fly.

I believe that I am now good to go.

Thanks again! OH! & That headache is gone now.
:subsim:
Sam

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!:D

Kal_Maximus_U669 09-22-21 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2769992)
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!:D

good evening Aktungbby how can we have a great RTX without knowing what is in the stomach without these tools is to ask a blind person if he sees clearly I am also astonished that our friends have been bothering for so little ...:D:D
I all just wanted to help it's all sarcasm of this kind very little for me besides it surprises me my friend :hmmm: ... to have such a negative attitude towards me have you had a bad day?:oops: ... I wonder who is imitating who here ...:har::har:
on these good words I wish you a better day and ..:up:

:Kaleun_Wink: "I welcome the flattery associated with that kind of distinction, although I must say, being consistent with what I said earlier about self-characterization of humility, that I cannot accept the compliment. "

Archive1 09-24-21 10:31 PM

A couple of questions - exiting and music

1) I recall that there was a warning that the user could not exit a mission before it was completed. And that was the result when I exited last night and the mission ended unfinished. Maybe there is no work around for this, but it is a major disappointment. I, and maybe many, cannot devote long hours to complete a complicated mission in a, let's face it, game that might be challenging and engaging, but still a relaxing game. If there is a way to avoid this I think lots of us would like to know. In SH3 one could enter and leave a mission as needed for real life.

2) While on patrol I tried to turn on the phonograph from the radio room. It displayed as 'turning' but no music was produced - at least none on my machine. What did I do wrong...or what did I not do? I have lots of 1940s SH3 formatted music that I played in the original Grey Wolves version of SH3 - Edith Piaf, much German music of the 1940s, 1940s English orchestral stuff, etc.. I can upload these, but it makes sense to do so only if they actually play. Any suggestions?
Archive1

Sam.Willow 09-26-21 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2770525)
1) I recall that there was a warning that the user could not exit a mission before it was completed. And that was the result when I exited last night and the mission ended unfinished.
Archive1

If you want to continue a Mission at a later time you must press ESC and then navigate to Save Mission. If you exit without saving the mission all will be lost.

To help you with your audio problem I doubt that is is caused by the game. Check your connections if you use them ie: headphones. Mute and volume levels etc.

Good Luck!

:Kaleun_Party:

Archive1 09-26-21 06:58 PM

Willow:
Thank you for the reply. I believe that I did the Save and Exit option when I tried to leave mid mission. That seemed to only let me choose Return to Base, with the warning that the mission would be ended. I'll try again and see if there is some other option although I believe you only have Save or Save and Exit, besides Return to Mission. Maybe selecting just Save and not Save and Exit is the secret.
Sound - all other sounds are just fine, it is only the 'silent' phonograph with the spinning record that produces no sound.
The significant music I have is in OGG format and seemed to play very well on the phonograph with the GW version of SH3. Maybe I should start another thread and just upload it for anyone to access.
Again, many thanks. I'll let you know how things turn out.
Archive1