SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Best of Subsim (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   Best of Subsim 2011 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193190)

TarJak 03-07-12 03:17 PM

Congratulations all. Well done.:woot: Nice badgers.

Takeda Shingen 03-07-12 04:16 PM

Congrats, guys. :yeah:

Jimbuna 03-07-12 06:32 PM

Congratulations to all the winners....there were quite a few close run votes and this just adds testimony to the fact this is such an awesome community :sunny:

Fubar2Niner 03-07-12 07:12 PM

Congratulations to all the worthy winners. I salute you all Kaleuns :salute:

privateer (jeff if I may) your particular award, reduced me to tears, call me an ol' fart but mate I'm moved. Hats off and Hussar Kaleun. It's only here you'd find such folk. I gotta bugger off before I choke on me tears.

Respectfully.

Fubar2Niner

Madox58 03-07-12 08:11 PM

All I can say is, the post won the award, not me.
But I'm honored to carry the badge for the post and for the SubSim Community.
:salute:

frau kaleun 03-07-12 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1851304)
Technically you're only half as slightly better, sharing the other half of slightly betterness with Frau, and I demand your badges be reduced to show such. :stare:

I will gladly give up half of the new badge provided I get back all of the 2010 badge... so it will be clear to everyone that while I may have been only half as slightly better than you in 2011, I was totally slightly better than you the year before. :O:

Chad 03-07-12 09:24 PM

Congrats to the winners :yeah:

Torplexed 03-07-12 09:44 PM

Aww. Gee. Thanks for the honor guys. :salute: Awesome badge design by the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1851148)
  • Signature of the Year - Torplexed

Nikimcbee's sig ain't half bad either. :D

http://pyxis.homestead.com/PT-McBee-Final.jpg

Sailor Steve 03-07-12 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1851529)
I will gladly give up half of the new badge provided I get back all of the 2010 badge...

I'll gladly swap yaz. That is the coolest badge evah! :rock:

Quote:

...so it will be clear to everyone that while I may have been only half as slightly better than you in 2011, I was totally slightly better than you the year before. :O:
As long as you're slightly better than you yourself were, nothing else matters. Me? I get slightly worse every year. Neal has informed me that if this continues I'll have to turn mine in for a Subsim Dunce Cap. :cry:

Congratulations to all the winners. You deserve it. There were others who deserve it too, but there can be only one, and the votes fall where they may. :sunny:

TLAM Strike 03-07-12 11:11 PM

Maybe multi-awardees should get ribbons that have a little java or flash pop up that shows the full badge.

brett25 03-07-12 11:20 PM

great job skippers, congratulations to all:woot::woot:

urfisch 03-08-12 10:34 AM

congratulations!

:salute:

krashkart 03-08-12 10:49 AM

These were some tough decisions to make, but we made it through with only a few minor injuries. :DL

My apologies to the committee and the Subsim staff for starting the fire in the break room. :oops: That was sheer lunacy on my part. I was out of control, and it was all made worse by an unhealthy addiction to Flintstone's chewables and chocolate milk. I have since sought professional help, and I promise that I will never do anything stupid again. Also, Jim... I'm sorry about the broon dog. The owner of the pet store assured me that he was potty trained, and I also thought he could actually drive a car. I hope your insurance will cover the damages to Mrs. Buna's vehicle... :nope:

Herr-Berbunch 03-08-12 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1851529)
... I was totally slightly better than you the year before. :O:

Fair one, you win that point. :D

Dowly 03-08-12 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLAM Strike (Post 1851594)
Maybe multi-awardees should get ribbons that have a little java or flash pop up that shows the full badge.

Aye, I PM'd Neal some months back asking if the badges could be made smaller
and maybe add a simple text pop up saying which award it is if you hover mouse over it.

He removed my "Best of 2010" (or 09, I don't remember) badge as a result. :rotfl2: