SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Development Updates (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226377)

Ulrich Kröpke 08-09-21 07:13 AM

Update 025

After the update 025 I played Wolfpack again. The stormy sea is like the stormy sea in "Das Boot". Great work! After I played about 1 hour in that rough sea I felt seasick. I wanted to go to the toilet, but then I remembered! This game is to play like"It was like this". So I stayed at my duty a bucket by my side. After spitting, ohh, what a smell. It was really "It was like this". Ha,ha. A joke!
I WANT AN OPTION TO SAVE THE GAME!

Sparkcat46 08-12-21 02:21 PM

Water update is brilliant, thank you! makes the game feel more immersive for sure! brilliant work, well done!:Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers:

Usurpator 08-13-21 05:02 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

Last week version 0.25 was released on a public beta branch.
We're keeping a close eye on bug reports and suggestions and
we've received a lot of useful feedback.
When Oscar gets back from his vacation we'll get right on fixing bugs and refining the beta version.
Meanwhile, work continue as usual for the rest of the team.
I'm preparing the U-boat's new compartments, Koji is working on the corvette and Axel is focusing on the network test environment.

RuthBaillargeon 08-17-21 05:16 AM

Thanks for sharing:up:

von faust 08-17-21 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usurpator (Post 2762750)
Hello everyone!
I'm preparing the U-boat's new compartments, .....

(Excuse me for my english)

But will the new compartments be purely aesthetic or will it be possible to operate on some instrument (es. start diesel engine, electric engine...) ?

thank you

iambecomelife 08-18-21 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2761602)

Augh, that movie is just....exquisite! A masterpiece! It just gives you a claustrophobic chill that you don;t get from every simulator... it is a dimly lit, grungy, eerie other world. The whole thing puts me in mind of the scene in "Das Boot" where poor Johann snaps. :o No wonder some men couldn't take it.

If everything else lives up to this quality then I have to say, other sims had better watch out! :Kaleun_Applaud:

Usurpator 08-20-21 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von faust (Post 2763377)
(Excuse me for my english)

But will the new compartments be purely aesthetic or will it be possible to operate on some instrument (es. start diesel engine, electric engine...) ?

thank you

Hello! Not initially, but we've been discussing adding more playable roles.

Usurpator 08-20-21 03:31 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
This week I've been working on the U-boat interior.
It's near complete, but there are still textures and smaller details missing.
Koji is working on the corvette and Axel is working on the network test environment. Next week we'll get back to fixing bugs and refining the beta version.

Noobicum4Ever 08-24-21 10:53 AM

When do you estimate that the game will be finished?

iambecomelife 08-25-21 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usurpator (Post 2763965)
Hello everyone!
This week I've been working on the U-boat interior.
It's near complete, but there are still textures and smaller details missing.
Koji is working on the corvette and Axel is working on the network test environment. Next week we'll get back to fixing bugs and refining the beta version.

It's kind of incredible you say work still needs to be done - I mean that as a compliment; the interiors look just about perfect to me, and many professional big-studio games with submarines don't hold up well to what you have done. Also, I enjoyed seeing images of Koji's corvette. Great work. :yep:

Usurpator 08-27-21 09:12 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week Oscar has been fixing water effects and doing some bug fixes.
Next week the beta branch will receive a new update.
Axel has been continuing work on the networked test enviroment,
this week he implemented a character statemachine, interactable objects, enterable stations and UI.
Koji is working on the corvette's radio room while I'm adding more details to the new U-boat interior.

Usurpator 08-27-21 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambecomelife (Post 2764758)
It's kind of incredible you say work still needs to be done - I mean that as a compliment; the interiors look just about perfect to me, and many professional big-studio games with submarines don't hold up well to what you have done. Also, I enjoyed seeing images of Koji's corvette. Great work. :yep:

Thank you, really appreciate it :)

Usurpator 08-27-21 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noobicum4Ever (Post 2764605)
When do you estimate that the game will be finished?

We expect to leave early access some time next year. However, development will most likely continue further. We are not set on when to consider it final.

Usurpator 09-02-21 11:20 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
Patch 0.25f is now available in the beta branch.

Updated interaction model for stations.
Merged EOT and rudder control station. To steer while using the new helm station, press A or D.
Hydrophone, periscopes, deck gun and AA gun can now be controlled using WASD.
Fixed torpedo explosion damage: Damage should now me considerably higher if the torpedo explodes beneath the keel of a ship.
Added option to remove sway in stations. You'll find the checkbox in the game menu.
Various bugfixes.

More bugs will be fixed next week before we get back to adding water effects.

Lost At Sea 09-03-21 10:32 AM

Nicely done :-)

Quick question ref. the torpedoes exploding below the keel. How to set the pistols to magnetic / impact?

Cheers,
Lost