SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 12-04-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by java`s revenge (Post 1213695)
I think i gonna buy this game. I am already playing Red Orchestra / Darkest hour
very much but this is also something special. But where can you buy it??

That's great java's revenge, Freiwillige has you covered on where to buy it
but here is a place that Sudo mentioned:
http://www.gogamer.com/WWII-Battle-T...VVviewprod.htm


Kill rings set to 35
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot119.jpg

Freiwillige 12-05-2009 02:25 PM

New pics and I cant see em:cry:

ZeeWolf 12-05-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freiwillige (Post 1214282)
New pics and I cant see em:cry:


You can't see em! Why?

Dowly 12-05-2009 03:37 PM

I can see them just fine. :hmmm:

ZeeWolf 12-05-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1214335)
I can see them just fine. :hmmm:

I had to buy the Pro Photobucket version. The free version gives you
10 Gigs of traffic per month and thanks to you guys :rock:
that was exceeded in just FIVE DAYS MAN! :woot:

You guys are AWESOME!

ZeeWolf

Putting the Zee in SIEG! :salute:

Sledgehammer427 12-05-2009 07:50 PM

nice one with the Kill rings! Im interested to see how they fit in to the add-on!

Freiwillige 12-05-2009 09:00 PM

Yes I love the Kill rings. I built a Stug IV model in 1/72 that I hand painted the kill rings on.

Why is it that the Germans always thought of cool little motivational details like that. Imagine being an infantryman and knowing an armored assault is coming and seeing a Stug with 30+ kill rings pulling into an ambush position nect to your ditch, Wouldn't you feel a bit more secure knowing that Stug had experiance?

ZeeWolf 12-05-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 (Post 1214457)
nice one with the Kill rings! Im interested to see how they fit in to the add-on!

The new kill rings are for the new modeled German armored units. The new markings are for all new modeled units.
This one feature [markings] will enable the changing of national markings with out having to change texture maps.
The Kill rings will enable AI units to be customized in player's Zugs (platoons).
I have plans to have them for the player tanks as well but they too will have to be new models.

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 12-05-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freiwillige (Post 1214475)
Yes I love the Kill rings. I built a Stug IV model in 1/72 that I hand painted the kill rings on.

Why is it that the Germans always thought of cool little motivational details like that. Imagine being an infantryman and knowing an armored assault is coming and seeing a Stug with 30+ kill rings pulling into an ambush position nect to your ditch, Wouldn't you feel a bit more secure knowing that Stug had experiance?

Great analogy, of course I want to figure out a way to update AI unit's Kill Rings automatically. I believe this can be achieved with nominal effort once I start focusing (working) on it.

Onward!

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 12-05-2009 10:46 PM

Hey all,
I just ordered a cool book (of course that doesn't mean I'll have time to read it ) after reading Dowly's excellent post Memoirs of a Tiger commander.

It's called;

Panzer Operations: The Eastern Front Memoir of General Raus, 1941-1945

you can check this link out to get a glimpse by clicking the books name.

I am certain this book will inspire me in ways you guys will benefit from,

ZeeWolf


Hitman 12-06-2009 04:38 AM

Another question: Which patch are you building your expansion upon? I know there was a semi-official patch 1.1 (Which gives me a CTD) and people are still working on an MMP patch, current version is I think 5. Which one will come bundled in the expansion? Or are you doing your own patch?

VAseMkIII 12-06-2009 04:57 AM

Zee

couple of questions.

Have you managed to sort the myriad of errors in the in the scripts these are mainly reported in the execution log

??

Also noticed that some of the stock models have errors in relation to collision mesh orientation can these be fixed in the editor, tried hex editing the MS2 files but the they are all in cyrillic and I cant make head nor tail of them.

ZeeWolf 12-06-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 1214583)
Another question: Which patch are you building your expansion upon? I know there was a semi-official patch 1.1 (Which gives me a CTD) and people are still working on an MMP patch, current version is I think 5. Which one will come bundled in the expansion? Or are you doing your own patch?


It will be based on the default install. My work started as a patch for the many glitches in the sim,
so what I want you to realize that to go from knowing nothing to the capacity of adding new vehicles etc.etc.
took months of meticulous, arduous and relentless dedication to making this the tank sim
I became convinced it could become. And God only knows this was no easy task I will assure you.

As for those who are dedicated to multi-player moding: I am sure they
will consider my work as their new foundation for this tank simulation and
draw that conclusion themselves. :yep:

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 12-06-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAseMkIII (Post 1214589)
Zee

couple of questions.

Have you managed to sort the myriad of errors in the in the scripts these are mainly reported in the execution log

??

Also noticed that some of the stock models have errors in relation to collision mesh orientation can these be fixed in the editor, tried hex editing the MS2 files but the they are all in cyrillic and I cant make head nor tail of them.

Yes! And worry not, I plan on replacing all the models in this sim that are
sub-Zeedub standards. :03:

ZW

VAseMkIII 12-06-2009 12:05 PM

Fantastic :rock:

Zee I am sure that will be case we just need to get our hands on your goodies :yeah:and with your blessing sort the mp aspect :hmmm:.

It will truely make this this the king of tank sims.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.