SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Game crash to desktop Raid on Malta (incl. some newbies questions) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248541)

Eason 02-28-21 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2732649)
Quite strange :hmmm:. I hope that windows update dont have anything with your CTDs since we cant fight that...:hmmm:

What about other areas, other campaigns ect? Any problems there?

Ok I just tried to use the 'slientotto' cheat to start Western approach. When I tried to leave Kiel, I was using the free camera and looking around the sub. The game crash suddenly. :wah:

Yes vdr1981, it is very weird. I think that must be something happen between the game and the Win10 update. It crash more offend than before:har:

What should I do next? Don't really want to restore my whole computer. :hmmm:

Should I buy other Uboat games? what about Sh3 and The grey Wolves mode? And what about 'Uboat'? I have watched some youtube video about this new game but I think managing the crew moral is a bit complex to me:hmmm:

vdr1981 02-28-21 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eason (Post 2733078)
Ok I just tried to use the 'slientotto' cheat to start Western approach. When I tried to leave Kiel, I was using the free camera and looking around the sub. The game crash suddenly. :wah:

Yes vdr1981, it is very weird. I think that must be something happen between the game and the Win10 update. It crash more offend than before:har:

IF you have ruled out faulty game/mod installation then it must be something windows related. I can not think of anything else since you'll notice that for others SH5+TWoS works quite stable...:hmmm: Can you confirm once again that you've followed official pdf install instructions to the letter?

Eason 03-03-21 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2733105)
IF you have ruled out faulty game/mod installation then it must be something windows related. I can not think of anything else since you'll notice that for others SH5+TWoS works quite stable...:hmmm: Can you confirm once again that you've followed official pdf install instructions to the letter?

Yes, ok at first I deleted the game and deleted all the files in 'My documents' and the entire Sh5 file on my D drive. Then I run the Register cleaner and disk cleaner to clean the game completely. Restart the computer. Download the Sh5 game from Uplay and TWOS v2.2.22 from Subsim. Install the SH5 on my D drive, confirm it is working and is on v.1.2.0. Replaced the Sh5.exe replacement manually. Run the TWOS installer as an administrator. Generic file patcher> all 9 patches are visible, restore snapshot.

This is what I have done. I guess the problem is about Win update:hmmm: