SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   UBOAT (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=281)
-   -   Blurred Uboat ?? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=250300)

Bossco82 08-16-21 04:27 PM

Blurred Uboat ??

Hi,
Recently bought U Boat and really enjoying it so far. I have one problem I dont know if its a common one or not as the games not finished yet.

My own Uboat when seen from outside using normal time looks blurred. Its most noticeable on the emblem. If its paused or using time compression ,ie, x12 it looks fine.

The inside looks ok and the map looks ok. The outer views of the other ships look fine too. Its only my own Uboat. I'm using a 6800xt on latest drivers with all the graphics at Max using 1440p 60fps with Vsync enabled.

Anyone else come across this?

Aktungbby 08-16-21 09:58 PM

Welcome back!

Bossco82!:Kaleun_Salute: after a long silent run,:up:

Bossco82 08-17-21 05:34 PM

Cheers,
I was a regular on Silent Hunter V with plenty of mods. Then it just kept crashing so I gave up.
Really enjoying UBoat so far though, I find the crew management adds another dimension to the game.
:Kaleun_Applaud: to Deep Water Studios for bringing back the U Boat genre.

Lite_ly Salted 08-17-21 08:22 PM

Graphics settings->motion blur

Might help what you are seeing.

Bossco82 08-18-21 07:32 AM

Cheers Salted,
Tried that already made no difference. Its a weird problem I'm hoping is not an AMD compatibility issue.

By the way, the Youtube tutorials are excellent, helped me get started with this game because I was clueless at first. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Lite_ly Salted 08-18-21 09:41 AM

I'm running a RX 580, haven't noticed any particular AMD issues. And thanks! Glad to have helped!
:Kaleun_Cheers:

Bossco82 08-18-21 05:22 PM

Cheers Salted that is one option to tick off the list.

Its not a big deal just a niggle. Everything else looks fine and sharp. Even the outer skin of my UBoat looks sharp when I use x12 or x48. Its only normal speed that it sort of looks like the whole boat if jittering around or out of focus. I'm mystified as at nearly 40 now I am no stranger to gaming niggles!

lecek 08-23-21 12:20 AM

For the blurred U-Boat, I found it was the anti-aliasing. The temporal setting did that, changed it to FXAA. Resolved.

I have a an AMD card as well.

Bossco82 08-24-21 02:06 PM

Cheers mate I will give that a try. I have mine setup on temporal at the moment.

That sorted it out a treat, no more blurred U Boat. FXAA over Temporal, I kind of hope they add MSAA in the future.

lecek 09-01-21 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossco82 (Post 2764641)
Cheers mate I will give that a try. I have mine setup on temporal at the moment.

That sorted it out a treat, no more blurred U Boat. FXAA over Temporal, I kind of hope they add MSAA in the future.

I am glad to hear it worked out. :yeah:

Aktungbby 09-25-21 09:04 PM

Welcome back!

lecek!:Kaleun_Salute: after a 14 year silent run!:yeah:

lecek 09-25-21 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2770725)
lecek!:Kaleun_Salute: after a 14 year silent run!:yeah:

:salute:

Yes sir. Since SHIII, game that I have sunk probably 2k hours into. Maybe more.

But I am getting into Uboat and it scratches my SHIII itch soo much. :)

Bera 11-12-21 01:54 PM

The best thing about this topic is not that the OP got the help he needed, but that there´s at least 3 players (myself included) that are playing submarine games again, after long silent runs!

Angelis 11-13-21 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bera (Post 2778367)
The best thing about this topic is not that the OP got the help he needed, but that there´s at least 3 players (myself included) that are playing submarine games again, after long silent runs!

Hehe... :D :up:
Count me in! Although I also play Uboat, TWoS will probably remain my No.1 for a very long time. :salute: