SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Best of Subsim (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   The 2009 Best of Subsim Awards! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158372)

joeljansson 11-20-09 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 (Post 1205708)
Scary man... :o

I hate these types of forum competitions cause i never get anywhere :har:

I'll just go and hide for a couple of weeks till its all over :arrgh!:

nice idea i do it to:)

danlisa 11-20-09 03:57 AM

You'd get a better response posting (or linking) this in the individual game sections. Most active Subsim members avoid GT like the plague.:)

HunterICX 11-20-09 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa (Post 1206298)
You'd get a better response posting (or linking) this in the individual game sections. Most active Subsim members avoid GT like the plague.:)

Neal put it up as a announcement so it appears on top of every forum section.

HunterICX

Aramike 11-20-09 05:12 AM

Now we're talking, gentlemen ... keep the nominations coming!

Aramike 11-20-09 05:17 AM

PS: I'll post a summary of current nominations on the morrow.

urfisch 11-20-09 05:50 AM

i nominate myself for "long term modder"...as some of my mods (even from 2005!) are still alive and in use. but also take/took a long time, to be finished...

:know:

:cool:

Sevrin 11-20-09 11:32 AM

Rockin Robbins would be my pick for most helpful. Made the switch to manual targeting from his entertaining :woot: tutorials and never looked back!

Lot of folks have learned much about every aspect of the fleet boat war in the Pacific from him. Plus he's crazy.. :88)

Ducimus and Lurker for their outstanding and continuing modding work on TMO supermod and RSRDC campaign.
:up:

AVGWarhawk 11-20-09 11:50 AM

Quote:

Plus he's crazy.. :88)

Man, that is an understatement!

cgjimeneza 11-20-09 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevrin (Post 1206460)
Rockin Robbins would be my pick for most helpful. Made the switch to manual targeting from his entertaining :woot: tutorials and never looked back!

Lot of folks have learned much about every aspect of the fleet boat war in the Pacific from him. Plus he's crazy.. :88)

Ducimus and Lurker for their outstanding and continuing modding work on TMO supermod and RSRDC campaign.
:up:

concur for a shared Ducimus-Lurkerīs best year mod combo,

also for funniest mods:

Rockin Robbins torpedo and gun corporation, (NYSE: RR-BOOM) with filler made by my brotherīs hot sauce, who needs torpex when they can use XUXA, the hottest of the hot sauces

Snestorm 11-20-09 04:51 PM

Best Poster Of The Year = Hitman.
Loads of useful information.

Ducimus 11-20-09 06:48 PM

Nope, all nominations for me are null and void. This is a popularity contest, and im the opposite of popular. :O:

On a serious note, id nominate skwasjer. For both Mod, and Modder of the year.

Why?

Because without S3D, much of this , this, this, and maybe even some of this, would not exist; and we'd all be in the stone ages writing tweak files for TT's tweaker. Although i'm not sure he'd want the award. This post is however, my way of formally acknowledging the great things he's done in the SH4 modding scene, and without his work, much of mine would never have come to be.

THE_MASK 11-20-09 10:48 PM

I vote for skwasjer for modder OTY .

Aramike 11-21-09 12:04 AM

Quote:

Nope, all nominations for me are null and void. This is a popularity contest, and im the opposite of popular. :O:
:haha:

I should clarify, this is not a popularity contest. We have as diverse of a committee as possible to make sure its more about merit than individual popularity.

In any case, so far in the committee rooms DaveyJS is doing pretty well, what nominations for Thread of the Year and Funniest Post of the Year.

I'll post a more complete list of nominees soon!

Snestorm 11-21-09 12:56 AM

Moderator OTY = WEBSTER.
He's always got you covered.

I'm goin' down 11-21-09 01:17 AM

skwasjer.

How can I evaluate skwasjer? What he develoved is so advanced, it is out of my league. I understand little, so maybe I should not vote. How about if we nominate Neal to give $10,000 to each of the 50 best modders? (From his own funds.)