SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

Dung_Beetle 05-18-10 02:50 PM

It does seem funny

I was working when I bought my new rig, and now I'm not.:oops:

Now, I've got time to play.:D But not much cash.:wah:

morttheslayer 05-18-10 03:27 PM

Hi again DB

Dung Beetle - looks like you are already contributing :up:
I now feel totally inadequate :wah: closely matching Mrs Panzer Commander's view of me!!! 3 GPUs AND a 30inch screen you must get neck ache scanning unless your chair is located in the garden :haha:
No - I'm only jealous :wah:

Looking forward to Mission 4 - BTW I will survive; (like Gloria Gaynor) because I can select "Immortality" :D No No it's cheating I won't really :shifty:

I don't know what mount Peiper favoured, Frinic's right he used to drive around to recon for his spearhead/offensive during the Ardennes offensive but it's interesting - I'll see what I can find. I remember when Jane's WW2 fighters was released, being a little more than interested in that particular offensive the game was a gift for me when released. I had to get a Voodoo 2 card to play it!! Happy days - a real manual and film clips made it a superb entertainment package (of the day) etc etc silly old man rambling :zzz:

All for now - Mort :salute:

"He's a very modest man - with a lot to be modest about"
Winston Churchill about Clement Atlee.

Dung_Beetle 05-18-10 06:27 PM

New Tanks On The Horizon

I haven't contributed to the project yet, morttheslayer, but plan too!:03:

It's just not in the budget for this month, next month, I hope:damn:

I got some great news from DCS (Digital Combat Simulations). I emailed them if they are planning to building some tank models like T90C, Challenger, M1A2 Abrams, and Leopard II. They replied it's in the works, but no release date is set yet. They said all above models would be included.:up:

frinik 05-18-10 10:19 PM

3 graphic cards

Sorry about the remark Dung_Beetle, just unhealthy curiosity on my part:D.

Sorry about your job although the World economy seems to be picking up.Hopefully you'll have a stab at one in the near future after, of course ,having lots of hours to play tank sims:03:.

Just one question: I wasn't aware that you could insert more than one graphic card in a pc unless it comes equipped with 2 like crossfire .How did you manage to have 3?????

I just bought myself a pc with an Nvidia GT235 ( although I would have preferred an ATI Radeon) and before I even get the pc I am alraedy thinking about upgrading.

Thanks for any info you can share:salute:

Cheers

Dung_Beetle 05-19-10 12:48 AM

3 Way SLI

No problems Frinick I am not offended. Look at the specs on the P6T7. It handles 3 large video cards well, and a sound card to boot. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131390

It has two NF200 that doubles the number lanes on available on the board to 72 lanes. You could have 2 x GTX 295 for quad SLI. This board is 3-way SLI ready.

I love it! I'm running all programs 2560 x 1600 full settings in high temps 50's, 60's. The only thing that runs my cards hot is the Napoleon & Empires Total War Series. I'm running low 70's with those games.:rock:

frinik 05-19-10 04:48 AM

Schwere Rechner Abteilung!!!!

Am I dreaming or is this really the specs that you have on your rig?
running:
i7-920 processor,
windows 7-64bit,
6Gb Gskill Trident ram,
3xBFG GTX 260 in SLI,
2x1.5Tb WD sata drives.

3 gigs of hard disk???? Each GTX 260 has probably 1 gig of dedicated graphic /video memory so we are talking about 3 gigs of total dedicated video memory!!!! Your rig is a Tiger II while the rest of us are still driving Panzer IIIs:o

WOW when I see the resolutions and FPS you're getting I am flabbergasted!!!!!Mind you I would hate to see your electricity bills because 3 high end graphic cards must require a lot of juice. Not to mention that you probably need a couple of cooling fans or pads to stop your pc from overheating!!!!

When I think I am happy playing Steel Fury missions with anywhere from 12 to 26 fps at 1280 X 768 resolution and other games I can't pass 40 fps....And Tvst best case scenario I get 25 fps with the stock missions and with Zee's mods anywhere from 4.6 to 11 fps.....:doh:

This is great fior you, and us and ZeeWolf because once you join our merry club you'll be a Beta Tester for sure and we'll get an idea of what a super-boosted rocket -type rig like your can achieve with Zee's mods.If you get 30 fps with his mods on then you'll be on top of the hill!

You seem to be playing mostly RTS . It's great to jump into the world of sims because it gives you the concrete feel of a battlefield whereas RTS give you more the abstract or impersonal side of it.

Best of luck job-wise!:yeah:

Cheers

frinik 05-19-10 04:52 AM

Deja Voodo

Morty a Voodo 2 card??? What you're supposed to do with it? Stick needles in it and wait for the results?Or sacrifice and behead some chicken while dancing around a fire????:haha:

I have to PM you!!!!

Cheers

My regards to Mrs. Panzer Commander.Remind her that you're over 60 and grey hair deserve respect and indulgence in their own weird habits( including playing sims).:rotfl2:

Priscalan 05-19-10 08:57 AM

hello everybody,
i'm french and i speak a little in english (very little :wah:)
I'm a fan of since the beginning t34vstiger (russian version), and I would like Events Members of your team, contribute financially to it. How can I do?
Thanks for your reply.
cheers :D

frinik 05-19-10 09:32 AM

Bienvenue!

Priscalan tu dois payer $ 60.00 ou l´équivalent en euros pour devenir membre du club de ZeeWolf( qui te donne droit ,outre les mods et missions, a un appui technique de premiere classe!) et avoir droit a tous ses mods et missions depuis le debut jusqu´a maintenant.Pour plus de details tu dois aller sur son site.Voici le site web ou tu pourras trouver l´info desiree:http://www.tanksimzw.com/. Tu peux consulter ou lire un des posts de novembre 2009 de ce meme dossier afin d´y voir les annonces de Zeewolf.Il y a de nouvelles missions cote allemand 1ere, 3eme et 6eme et une nouvelle misison cote russe la 1ere. Ensuite il ya un mod Pre Kursk Alpha que tu dois installer avant de pouvoir installer les nouvelles missions du mod Kursk soit la premiere et la 4eme qui va sortir ce weekend.

Bienvenue:salute:

Frinik

Priscalan 05-19-10 10:04 AM

Merci Frinik, j'y vais de ce pas :D

Priscalan 05-19-10 10:16 AM

it's ok :salute:

ZeeWolf 05-19-10 12:53 PM

Welcome Priscalan :up:

ZeeWolf

Chucky 05-19-10 12:57 PM

Hello Priscalan :salute:

Frinik,how many languages can you speak?

Priscalan 05-19-10 01:50 PM

hello all,
I am very happy to be part of your team :woot:
I am very excited for this mod, this simulator is for me the most immersive I know.
Zeewolf, if I can help you for this mod, it will be with a great pleasure :salute:
I am 60 years old and have much free time :yeah:
cheers :|\\

Dung_Beetle 05-19-10 02:23 PM

No my Tank is a Maus

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1396976)
Am I dreaming or is this really the specs that you have on your rig?
running:
i7-920 processor,
windows 7-64bit,
6Gb Gskill Trident ram,
3xBFG GTX 260 in SLI,
2x1.5Tb WD sata drives.

3 gigs of hard disk???? Each GTX 260 has probably 1 gig of dedicated graphic /video memory so we are talking about 3 gigs of total dedicated video memory!!!! Your rig is a Tiger II while the rest of us are still driving Panzer IIIs:o

WOW when I see the resolutions and FPS you're getting I am flabbergasted!!!!!Mind you I would hate to see your electricity bills because 3 high end graphic cards must require a lot of juice. Not to mention that you probably need a couple of cooling fans or pads to stop your pc from overheating!!!!

When I think I am happy playing Steel Fury missions with anywhere from 12 to 26 fps at 1280 X 768 resolution and other games I can't pass 40 fps....And Tvst best case scenario I get 25 fps with the stock missions and with Zee's mods anywhere from 4.6 to 11 fps.....:doh:

This is great fior you, and us and ZeeWolf because once you join our merry club you'll be a Beta Tester for sure and we'll get an idea of what a super-boosted rocket -type rig like your can achieve with Zee's mods.If you get 30 fps with his mods on then you'll be on top of the hill!

You seem to be playing mostly RTS . It's great to jump into the world of sims because it gives you the concrete feel of a battlefield whereas RTS give you more the abstract or impersonal side of it.

Best of luck job-wise!:yeah:

Cheers

OK here is my system:

30" Monitor: LG W3000h
Case: lian Li PC-P80
Motherboard: Asus P6T7
Graphics Cards: Gigabyte 3 x GTX 285
Sound Card: Creative Fatality 2 Titanium Champion Series
CPU: Intel 920 @ 3.7 (aircooled: Noctua NH-U12P)
Memory: Corsair Dominator 12GB Kit (CMD12GX3M6A1600C8)
Power Supply: Silverstone ST1500
Hard Disks:2 x 300GB 10,000RPM WD Velociraptor + 1TB 7200 RPM WD RE3
DVD Burner: Plextor 880SA
Speakers 7 + 2 subs: Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks 510D + Microworks II.
Joystick: Hotas Cougar (Uber NXT)

I used to have a really good job:damn:

ZeeWolf 05-19-10 03:27 PM

No my Tank is a Maus!

No kidd'n DB :o That is AWESOME!:rock:

ZW

PS: Don't worry about a job, when it's work or starve to death there really is no choice.

frinik 05-19-10 10:50 PM

Cat and Maus

DB tank is a Maus all right! However beware you don't run out of Otto :D( German code name for fuel during WWII).

Well enjoy your specs! I am waiting for my own humble( but 4th) new computer with only ONE graphic card:wah: .....

Chucky I speak 5 languages and I can understand another 2 if they're not spoken too fast...

Morty I PM'ed you!

Cheers

ZeeWolf 05-19-10 11:11 PM

Wow frinik :know:, I don't have any thing to add to my resume like that man,
that's great.

HEY, DID YOU KNOW in California being bi-lingual means your illiterate in
two languages :haha:

ZW

frinik 05-20-10 01:05 AM

Tongue in cheek....

Well Zee I can also speak Spanglish so I ain't worried!:D

I just love languages and with my job I get a stab at learning new ones.Plus being European-born, you just pedal your bike 3 street corners and bingo you're already in another country....:03:

But Zee; you have the most valued knowledge of us all here.You can read, decipher and interpret the TvsT's coding and the mission editor.This I wish I could do:dead:

Cheers

Priscalan 05-20-10 07:35 AM

very good

Hi Zeewolf,

i've downloaded the project and installed it.

i've testing the first russian mission, beautyfull (and hard :rotfl2:)
With full settings i've 16fps and it's fluid and no crashes.

Good job Zee...

:salute: