SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

frinik 04-25-10 10:41 AM

Changes?
 
Sorry Eddie but I don't have a Kursk Mission only the Pre Kursk Alpha v1 and mission v3 which Zee said is actually a stock mission which has been reworked.May be because you are a beta tester you got to play one of the Kursk missions which I have yet to get?This is all unclear to me and certainly to others too which is why Zee is going to make a post to clarify things for all of us ebcause with all the releases, pre release, new missions not to mention the old Xmas gift and then mission 6 for members and another one for non members etc it's getting confusing because is you're not a tester at times it's impossible to know if your install is successful as the changes may be subtle and not obvious unless you are actually told what they are.The Pre Kursk Release is an example that comes to mind.

Anyway it's time to take stock and find otu where we are exactly.

Cheers

BlueMind 04-25-10 03:54 PM

Hello all...
...after one week without playing TvsT or any else other game (RL take a lot of my time), I tried the last Kursk mission for low end PC :O:
It's sure the game is more playable for me. I have about 1 or 2 FPS more than the previous version. After it, I tried the prioaff.exe and it give me too 1 or 2 FPS more (is it configured with 3 processor - 111). Finaly, the gain is approximately 3 FPS. Nice :yeah:

Now, I can play this mission with 7-8 FPS (with some drops to 5 but not for a long time) and still much more playable than before (I was around 5 FPS) !

I was just a little disapointed when I reached the village (to take some cover against ennemy tanks) and the mission ends up successfully... but all tanks was not destroyed :wah: (they contined to fire in my direction but I couldn't do anything). Doesn't matter...

After switching between external views (when the mission was finished), I noticed some mortars outside the trenches or turned upside our positions. Except that, all seems ok... besides the sight problem wich is allways present. I just would notice one thing however: as we not see how many crew members is present for each artillery gun (at long range), you can put less, around 3 for each instead of 5. Maybe that would increase a little the FPS...

Almost forgot... sometimes I see units through hills, I had this problem before (with the original game, without ZeeWolf extension) and some flying in the air. I don't know if it's a bug in the game or a problem with my graphic card... I expect my new one soon so I will see if anything change.

Nice work... keep the good way !

Short movie I made about Project ZeeWolf (during some test with my new version of Pinnacle Studio): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cp36DuXpDk

ZeeWolf 04-25-10 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMind (Post 1373251)
Hello all...
...after one week without playing TvsT or any else other game (RL take a lot of my time), I tried the last Kursk mission for low end PC :O:
It's sure the game is more playable for me. I have about 1 or 2 FPS more than the previous version. After it, I tried the prioaff.exe and it give me too 1 or 2 FPS more (is it configured with 3 processor - 111). Finaly, the gain is approximately 3 FPS. Nice :yeah:

Now, I can play this mission with 7-8 FPS (with some drops to 5 but not for a long time) and still much more playable than before (I was around 5 FPS) !

I was just a little disapointed when I reached the village (to take some cover against ennemy tanks) and the mission ends up successfully... but all tanks was not destroyed :wah: (they contined to fire in my direction but I couldn't do anything). Doesn't matter...

After switching between external views (when the mission was finished), I noticed some mortars outside the trenches or turned upside our positions. Except that, all seems ok... besides the sight problem wich is allways present. I just would notice one thing however: as we not see how many crew members is present for each artillery gun (at long range), you can put less, around 3 for each instead of 5. Maybe that would increase a little the FPS...

Almost forgot... sometimes I see units through hills, I had this problem before (with the original game, without ZeeWolf extension) and some flying in the air. I don't know if it's a bug in the game or a problem with my graphic card... I expect my new one soon so I will see if anything change.

Nice work... keep the good way !

Short movie I made about Project ZeeWolf (during some test with my new version of Pinnacle Studio): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cp36DuXpDk

WOW!That is awesome BlueMind! :rock:

You ROCK man! :o

ZW :salute:

Wilcke 04-28-10 10:25 AM

Is there a projected release date for members? We are waiting anxiously to try Kursk out!

Thanks!

Baifo 04-28-10 10:45 AM

Considering buying
 
First of all, apologies for my English. Im from Canary Islands, so I speak spanish. Here I go! I have only played a game/simulator in my life (And I am 46 years old!): WWII online-Battleground Europe. I am a Apple user since 1989 and allways used my Macs for profesional pourposes, but four years ago a friend told me about a game/simulator you can run in a mac that was popular and included a good tank simulation, which for me is the most important point . Now, after 4 years playing B.E. and having bought a PC for gaming, I am looking for a change. My friends in B.E. have told me to go for SB PRO PE or T vs T with your developments. Your simulator seems to be nicer, bu I have a couple of questions:
- Do you have to pay 60 every year?
- Is there a community to play with online?

PRO PE seems to have a big community to play online with, but graphics are poor and I am not sure if you have to pay yearly.

Well, I look forward to hear from you.
Hasta la vista!

Baifo

Chucky 04-28-10 12:55 PM

Hello Baifo,and welcome.:salute:
ZeeWolf's mod isn't multi-player,it's single player only.
TvsT does have multi-player but it was very bugged.
Someone was working on that side of things but the guy very sadly passed away.I can't tell you the state of on-line play at the moment but Frinik is sure to know and he will be along soon.

I also have SP Pro PE and as far as I know there is no fee to play on-line.
All info you will find here though http://www.steelbeasts.com/

As for ZeeWolf's mod,he currently is asking for 12 months subscription,for which you get all of his work during that period.

Baifo 04-28-10 05:09 PM

Thank you Chucky!
I have been gathering information and its amazing the few options you have if you look for a good Tank Sim. I have realized that there is no spanish speaking community with the PRO-PE, not a single one, so even when the game has multiplayer, is not useful for me....I prefer WWII simulation than those modern beasts. Moreover, PRO-PEs graphics are , well, not nice...Yes, the physics sure are brilliant, but it does not make a big difference for me when comparing to tank simulation in WWII Online: Battleground Europe. So I have decided to pay my bill and go for T vs T with ZW Project. It seems to be a serious sim with brilliant graphics and even with a possible online expansion in the future. I want to help. Thank you!
Baifo

Baifo 04-28-10 05:22 PM

Just one question. When you pay your 60 dollars, Do you have to wait for ZeeWolf to contact you?
See you.
Baifo

ZeeWolf 04-28-10 06:42 PM

Project ZeeWolf Membership
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baifo (Post 1376681)
Just one question. When you pay your 60 dollars, Do you have to wait for ZeeWolf to contact you?
See you.
Baifo


Greeting Baifo,
To answer your question, yes. I have just finished sending you the welcome
message e-mail. All you have do do is send it right back to me so I know
you received it and I will send you the Pre-Kursk foundation install's link and
password.

PLEASE NOTE:The Kursk Mission 1 is not included in this file. This is the foundation add-on. :yep:

However I am doing the finishing touches on the new Kursk Mission 1 for
the guys who do not have the PC power to handle the Kursk Mission 1 with
the more animated objects (for HIGH-END PCs ). That will be completed after the one I working on now. :up:

So,I will send all members this LOW-END Kursk Mission 1 and when the
HIGH-END one is complete I will only have to send a very small file to add
to the LOW-END one to beef it up with more content.:arrgh!:

My hope is you will believe this Kursk Mission 1 is worthy of your patience.

To Kursk Kameraden!:salute:

ZW

frinik 04-28-10 10:34 PM

TvsT MP
 
Baifo, there is a TvsT multi player community in English which you can find on this forum either start a thread asking about it or check the oldest threads on this very same thread.You will see that after ZeeWolf announced his Kursk project on 17 November 2009, 3 people playing MP and modding TvsT for multi player asked him if they could combine their efforts. I think Murkz and NSU were 2 of them the other was Monkwarrior who, unfortunately, passed away recently but I know there are more.I know there's a fairly active French-speaking community playing TvsT in MP.If you are interested I could give you the link to the francophone forum.I know they play sometimes with players of other countries, Germans and, Belgians but Spaniards? No I don't think so.I don't play MP myself pero no creo que haya una comunidad de jugadores hispanohablantes.

When you talk about PRO PE are talking about Panzer Elite?

Re spending your $ 60 it's money well invested.You are going to get a sim that will stretch into the future and offer you a lot a new models, mods and missions.

Welcome aboard Fellow ZW Member.If you show valour and courage you may even win the coveted Crossed Purple Crutches awarded by Hauptstuermfuehrer Lammerding Carstens Summers himself. A very great honour indeed:o>...

Cheers

morttheslayer 04-29-10 02:05 PM

OK Zee Got it & Testing soon
 
A-Ganger here!! (You're right Frinic the other Banger is a sausage just to keep politically correct!!). :D
Will be testing this weekend thanks for the latest:up:v6

Hope "twocrutchesthreecpus" (like StarWars) Lc gets his mission to test also:haha:

For Info: Nothing to do with mission directly but the newer Nvidea drivers for XP that I mentioned in earlier post (for GF9*** series) have improved graphics slightly. One aspect is less "shimmering" from trees/foliage so not a bad upgrade.
All the Best - Mort :salute:

Baifo 04-29-10 06:27 PM

Thank you all!
But I acant install the ZW mod:down:.....I received the link, downloaded the mod, expanded it, run it and got a message of finish, but also that unstall couldnt be installed.....Moreover, I dont see the mod anywere in the PC neither in game.....Surely is my fault being so noob, but after 24 hours hitting the wall, I am frustated. Any idea about what can I do? I also sent an email to ZW to let him know and ask for help....
I want the mod:wah:
Best regards.
Baifo

ZeeWolf 04-29-10 07:44 PM

Installation Reminder :
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baifo (Post 1377763)
Thank you all!
But I acant install the ZW mod:down:.....I received the link, downloaded the mod, expanded it, run it and got a message of finish, but also that unstall couldnt be installed.....Moreover, I dont see the mod anywere in the PC neither in game.....Surely is my fault being so noob, but after 24 hours hitting the wall, I am frustated. Any idea about what can I do? I also sent an email to ZW to let him know and ask for help....
I want the mod:wah:
Best regards.
Baifo


Installation Reminder :

<drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\
:up:

<drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\*nothing in here*

*NOT THIS* <drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\ *NOT THIS*
:down:

or do not do it like the following:


*NOT THIS* <drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\missions\ *NOT THIS*:down:


Just make sure the end of the game location has this ONLY: " \T34vsTiger\" :know:



The best thing to do now is:

1.] Un-install your stock install
2.] Manually delete any remaining files and folders
3.] Re-install the stock T34 vs Tiger game.
4.] Make sure to use the exact same location for all other ZW installs


Onwards Kamerad! :salute:

ZW

frinik 04-30-10 02:02 AM

ZW Mods Instal and First Impressions of Mission 1
 
Baifo, If you have Vista ( doesn't matter whether it's the 32 or 64 version ) installed on your pc or laptop I found out at my expense e that the only way you can successfully install ZeeWolf's mods are by using the Administrator rights( use the right click on the file in other words).If you don't then your mods do not install or not properly. I am going to upgrade soon to Windows 7 and I am looking forward to it. Frankly Vista ain't fun!!!!


If you have vista here's what I did to instal all of ZW's latest mods or missions. I download his mod//mission and save it into a desktop folder called ZW mods or whatever you like.Then I extract the file in that folder using Administrator rights( i.e use the right click instead of the regular clicking on the mouse pad).Once the file is extracted I just copy the resulting application file into my game main folder and then using the normal mousepad click I execute it.After going through the autoinstal I then get message install successful.If you have problem using the normal mousepad click once the application file is copied in your game folder you can always resort to the right click option once more.But I have done that procedure ever since I installed his members only downloads and it's the only way I can get them installed and working.

If you don't have Vista then I am at a loss to explain how come you don't succeed in your endeavours. If it is the case then I suggest you tell how you install Zw mods/missions.:rock:

By the way, Zee Kursk mission 1 " lite" for fps conscious dieting players installed successfully.It 's excellent and harrowing. Getting bombarded for a full 15 minutes on a huge, bare plain without any cover to speak of , hearing shell crashing all around you non stop without having the chance to fight back is nerve-wracking. Wonderful atmosphere; it's a brand new game! No more little boy missions as in the original TvsT now it's a playground for Big Boys! I only played it once because I did my instal late last night and got myself killed in that fortified village as my wingmen got themselves killed and the ambushed SU 100s zapped me out while I was looking for targets. I got 54 registered hits but did not kill a single gun, tank , mortar or infantry.??????....


FPS-wise anywhere from 4.2 to 6, a little choppy at times but very playable overall.I experienced my Tiger nosediving and stalling 2 or 3 times during the rush forward. It seems that the ground became soft in some spots and it would cause the engine to stall while I was being concked on the hull by Red artillery.Nice to see plenty of new stuff; guns, emplacements, models etc.You truly have delivered on your promises!:yeah:

I really felt disoriented in the first 5 minutes of the mission partly because the aritllery was opundind all around me and because the map is so big now that you feel small on it. This in my opinion is excellent because it really makes you feel like those tank crews going forward on the vast empty plains of the Ukraine, Russia and Belarus.Forward with a knot of apprehension in your throat and a terrible feeling of vulnerability.OUT standing work Meister Zee.:salute:

I have learned from my first failure and luckily my crew and myself are alive.As my friend Schwarzenegger once said :

" I vill pe pack!"

Over and out.

LcSummers 04-30-10 03:10 AM

What have you done!!??
 
Hi ZW,

tried now your new update v.6 and i must say BEAUTIFULL. You have done very much, you improved very very much. CONGRAT. Gameplaying is now a great leap forward. I really enjoyed it.
Now that the Katyushas and Artillery are gone (destroyed) it goes much better. I think now you can release Kursk if the other missions will be playable like the first mission.:yeah: (my opinion)

FPS was between 6.0 and 9.4 mostly around 7.7 but for a moment it was about 14.9. Now my wingmen were supporting me, everything was much easier then the update before. They are advancing and destroying enemies. Swamp was in front of village but it feeled like more you were in a bomb crater but quickly got out. I ll see here no problems, sure later this can be buged out but it didnt disturbed me.

RPM in my Tiger is now about 2730 and i think my tank had become an graphical update too. I mean it looked better than before i dont know why or i didnt recognized it.

Great. GO ON!!! WOW!! :rock:



CHEERS


LC :up:

ZeeWolf 04-30-10 11:33 AM

Thanks frinik,
I was really not sure if you could run it at all so that is extremely good:up:
And I like those big fonts I can actually read them without my spectacles :o

Ve vill attack!:salute:

ZW

ZeeWolf 04-30-10 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1378073)
Hi ZW,

tried now your new update v.6 and i must say BEAUTIFULL. You have done very much, you improved very very much. CONGRAT. Gameplaying is now a great leap forward. I really enjoyed it.
Now that the Katyushas and Artillery are gone (destroyed) it goes much better. I think now you can release Kursk if the other missions will be playable like the first mission.:yeah: (my opinion)

FPS was between 6.0 and 9.4 mostly around 7.7 but for a moment it was about 14.9. Now my wingmen were supporting me, everything was much easier then the update before. They are advancing and destroying enemies. Swamp was in front of village but it feeled like more you were in a bomb crater but quickly got out. I ll see here no problems, sure later this can be buged out but it didnt disturbed me.

RPM in my Tiger is now about 2730 and i think my tank had become an graphical update too. I mean it looked better than before i dont know why or i didnt recognized it.

Great. GO ON!!! WOW!! :rock:



CHEERS


LC :up:

Thanks LC I agree, it is time to say beta testing complete on the Low-end
Kursk Mission 1.
Now, there is still the High-end Kursk Mission 1. And I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can run it. :06:
So, if you are getting 30 plus FPS with this latest Kursk Mission 1 you will love the High-end version.
I just finished updating it with all the new changes that you and all the beta testers found plus some of the coding
stuff that was lacking and it is ready to go.:yep:

Onwards Kamerad! :salute:

ZW

eddie 04-30-10 02:32 PM

Have just run this mission, for the low end pc's, and it runs foine. FR(according to the sim) hovered around 7 to 8 most of the time. Drove straight into the village without being hit once! Mission was a success!

ZeeWolf 04-30-10 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1378664)
Have just run this mission, for the low end pc's, and it runs foine. FR(according to the sim) hovered around 7 to 8 most of the time. Drove straight into the village without being hit once! Mission was a success!

Well done Kamerad!:up:

Mission 2 next! :salute:

ZW

morttheslayer 04-30-10 05:15 PM

All is well
 
Hi Zee and Tankers

Similar results to Eddie and Lc. To be honest I really didn't find any great difference in performance between v.5 and the latest v.6.
Might be peculiar to my PC system performance but I really put the Auto Driver "on the rack" and switched between Manual and Auto several times during heavy action (with the collision programme elements using processor resources in mind) and there really was no great difference (FPS) for me. Fair to say mine was never terrible, before but could slow sometimes to 5/6 but general average 7-9.

Anyway I feel bad seeing you put in a great effort but if others have improvements all is well. It runs fine - more FPS would be nice but I can see I need to "upgun" sometime to run this as we'd all like.

So far overall - brilliant , and comparison with original - can't compare.
You Delivered!! Our PC systems are your bottleneck and you'll never get it right for everyone but what you've done is the best compromise and you listened to what we said. - And you made me a loader!!!!

Best Regards - Mort :salute: (and Lc's loader)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.