SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 04-08-10 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1351847)
What do you mean, should i test this too ?

Before cleaning something that will crash my pc (experiences) i will make a copy of this working beta release and install this new update in that copy.

Do we have to make a clear install or can we use this "old" beta version as it is?

Cheers

LC

Frinic i need support know or i cant hold the frontline, just a single Tiger I can turn the tide , so lets go on.
If you have any troubles installing beta version you can ask me too made that 2 or 3 times.

Hi LC no need for fresh install all the new updates and fixes will go over
each other. Because this is the best way once you have the 376Mg file
and the fix files installed and less work.

To the front! :salute:

ZW

LcSummers 04-09-10 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1352316)
Hi LC no need for fresh install all the new updates and fixes will go over
each other. Because this is the best way once you have the 376Mg file
and the fix files installed and less work.

To the front! :salute:

ZW

Hi ZW,

does this mean, you have a new beta version for us with all fixes and 376 Mb?

Cool

LC

ZeeWolf 04-09-10 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1351998)
Jeesus Lc are you serious? I have to install all that????

Actually my hope is that ZW's final Alpha release will include all the fixes and stuff.Hopefull I won't have to clear my cache every time....

I will await Zw's instructions in a day or two.

Thnaks for the precvious help.I'll protect your flanks on the battlefield.:shucks:

Cheers

Hi frinik, I will assure you and all else that the Alpha release will be as easy
as it can possibly be. That will be uploaded tomorrow late because it takes
3hrs to upload 360 Plus mgs. This will have all the completed work to date.
The Kursk mission will not be out of beta testing so it will not be in this
huge file. But all the new effects and models etc. will be. And all that adding this and that will be history.

Good news on the upgrade of my PC is all the hardware works and instillation was not as fast as I had hoped but thank God the thing is up
and running great. :woot:

The fps in the Kursk mission as it is while running with the 3.0Ghz Duo still
was not acceptable. Yes it went up but nothing spectacular. The scene that was on my test map with nothing on it but my Tiger traveling at 36kph
was 61.7 and is now up to 75.5 with the Tiger traveling at the same speed.
So, tomorrow I have my day cutout for me. The work that will have to be
done to increase the frame rate and enter in the final beta phase will more
than likely be completed tomorrow as well. The beta testing should be a
snap and therefore the Kursk Mission 1 will be an Alpha release as soon as
Frame rate is acceptable.

To conclude,let me say it is my desire to start with the next Kursk missions ASAP. There is so much that can be added that will not have a huge Cpu
demand that is planed for the series on the Kursk battlefield that I am anxiuos to get back to work on them and make there releases as close to
one another as I possibly can.

Things are really starting to come together you guys and that is a good
thing! :up:

Vor!

ZW:salute:

ZeeWolf 04-09-10 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1353199)
Hi ZW,

does this mean, you have a new beta version for us with all fixes and 376 Mb?

Cool

LC

Oh yeah LC that 376mg file was a beta as well and the progress lately with the Kursk
mission has been in changes with the mission files.
So a new large file will be rebuilt with all the changes we made during the Kursk beta testing.
This will bring everyone up to speed, the new members and the Foundation members.:yep:

Well it's about midnight here at the ZeeWolf den so :salute:

ZW

frinik 04-09-10 02:33 AM

Zeestorical Moments!

Thanks for the good news Mr MaZeecian!I expected that there would be an Alpha release encompassing all the changes, improvements and fixes that were made durign the Beta testing phase. It's good to know that my friends and colleagues Lc and Eddie had to suffer the agony and pain of testing , downloading, patching and toiling endlessly while we couch potatoes were happy flicking the channels on TV and can now fully reap the fruits of their and your hard work!

Is it my imagination or am I turning into a cynical, free-loading opportunist?:hmmm:

Ach ! Hopefully I won't put in charge of a Panzer III on frontline duty.....

Looking forward to your gem....

You' ve made Zeestory Mr. ZW!:up:

Cheers

Frinik or is it Friloader?????

LcSummers 04-09-10 08:50 AM

New install?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1353222)
Oh yeah LC that 376mg file was a beta as well and the progress lately with the Kursk
mission has been in changes with the mission files.
So a new large file will be rebuilt with all the changes we made during the Kursk beta testing.
This will bring everyone up to speed, the new members and the Foundation members.:yep:

Well it's about midnight here at the ZeeWolf den so :salute:

ZW

Hello ZW,

what should i do with my old "beta version"? Delete those files or can i "add" your files without deleting" old BErTA"?

I think it is much better to have a clear install of TvT. I only have to copy it into my folder, no realinstall, you know backup your files will minimize work.

Thank you

LC

PS: Frinic,

Quote:
It's good to know that my friends and colleagues Lc and Eddie had to suffer the agony and pain of testing , downloading, patching and toiling endlessly while we couch potatoes were happy flicking the channels on TV and can now fully reap the fruits of their and your hard work!

you would have done this for us (members) too. No doubt about it. There will be a time in future where we must relay on you. :yeah:

ZeeWolf 04-09-10 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1353485)
Hello ZW,

what should i do with my old "beta version"? Delete those files or can i "add" your files without deleting" old BErTA"?

I think it is much better to have a clear install of TvT. I only have to copy it into my folder, no realinstall, you know backup your files will minimize work.

Thank you

LC

PS: Frinic,

Quote:
It's good to know that my friends and colleagues Lc and Eddie had to suffer the agony and pain of testing , downloading, patching and toiling endlessly while we couch potatoes were happy flicking the channels on TV and can now fully reap the fruits of their and your hard work!

you would have done this for us (members) too. No doubt about it. There will be a time in future where we must relay on you. :yeah:

Hello LC, :DL
Yes you can add the new large download, but you back-up method will
just fine. And you should delete the large beta after you DL the new alpha.
Thanks for that tip on backing up the default install of TvsT.

Its all coming together now and starting to morph into a new tank sim :yep:

Thanks LC

ZW

PS Paging MorttheSlayer :ping:

eddie 04-09-10 12:54 PM

I just hope people won't be scared off by the FR readings Lc and myself are getting while running this mission. What kind of standard measurement the original developers used is beyond me. If I was getting fr's around 3 to 5 in another sim, it would be unplayable. Anyone who has run a graphics intense game or sim would agree that fr's in that area I mentioned would be nothing but a slide show.

The thing is with this new mission ZW has had us look at, (this latest version anyway) runs real smooth even at 3 to 5 in the FR department, that is why I wonder what type of measurement they used? Try rates like that in Rome Total War and you would uninstall it in a minute. Try flying IL46, FS9 or FSX, boot up SH3 or 4, and with fr's at 3 to 5, and they wouldn't run. But that is not the case with TvT, and it has me puzzled what those measurements are based on.

frinik 04-09-10 10:13 PM

FPS

I totally agree with you Eddie.Me too I was stunned to see TvsT running fairly smoothly at 3 to 6 fps. When I play it at 8 to 14 fps I am truly ecstatic.Mind you I play another Russian tank sim and while the fps are much better they never exceed 28 and the game still works well at 8 to 10.May be it has to do with the coding or programming they use in their countries?

At least it means there's hope for all of us!:sunny:

ZeeWolf 04-10-10 02:19 AM

Thanks eddie and frinik for the encouragement concerning the fps. I couldn't
agree more, if the performance was like you described in comparison I would
have not made this level of progress with any support at all. And I definitely
would not have enjoyed playing it at all too.
So, I want to let everyone know that after I post this message I will be uploading the pre-Kursk Alpha file (275mgs) that has all the new stuff .
The Kursk missions will be very easy to install on top of this release and all
the fallowing changes will be built on top of the progress that this release
includes.
The upload will take 2.5-3.0 hours to complete and of course I will e-mail
all the members tomorrow morning (PST) with the link and pw.
The Kursk mission has made progress as well and I hope to have the latest
example completed very soon, perhaps as early as tomorrow as well. There is still a few things I want to do first.

Cheers :salute:

ZW

frinik 04-10-10 03:14 AM

Zeetadelle

Good night Mr Zeetadelle! I have cleaned my laptop removing 12 gigs of junk, defragged my hard drive in order to increase my fps and also I will disable my antivirus.I figure I might be able to get upwards of 12 to 14 fps:up:.The only way to know is to try!

Warming the engine, loading shells and bullets, stocking up on benzin and sauerkraut and good to go!;)

BennoBoom 04-10-10 04:34 AM

Hi'
Sorry for budding in,
Just one question . How does one clear the "Game Cache" ?
I have a small program called "Process" , will that do ?
Benno

LcSummers 04-10-10 05:50 AM

Cache Folder

Quote:

Originally Posted by BennoBoom (Post 1354489)
Hi'
Sorry for budding in,
Just one question . How does one clear the "Game Cache" ?
I have a small program called "Process" , will that do ?
Benno

Hi Benno,

Here it is

The Cache folder is in the T34vsTiger Hierarchy:

<drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Cache

LC

LcSummers 04-10-10 05:56 AM

Very nice news

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1354413)
Thanks eddie and frinik for the encouragement concerning the fps. I couldn't
agree more, if the performance was like you described in comparison I would
have not made this level of progress with any support at all. And I definitely
would not have enjoyed playing it at all too.
So, I want to let everyone know that after I post this message I will be uploading the pre-Kursk Alpha file (275mgs) that has all the new stuff .
The Kursk missions will be very easy to install on top of this release and all
the fallowing changes will be built on top of the progress that this release
includes.
The upload will take 2.5-3.0 hours to complete and of course I will e-mail
all the members tomorrow morning (PST) with the link and pw.
The Kursk mission has made progress as well and I hope to have the latest
example completed very soon, perhaps as early as tomorrow as well. There is still a few things I want to do first.

Cheers :salute:

ZW

Hi ZW,

very nice. I am curouis what development you made. Hopefully not to much that fps will go up amnd my pc lifting off :yeah:
May be i cant hold my pc any more it becomes a monster when my tanks are rocking.

Thanks, over and out

LC

LcSummers 04-10-10 06:02 AM

Finssh

Warming the engine, loading shells and bullets, stocking up on benzin and sauerkraut and good to go!;)[/QUOTE]

Monsieur Frinic !

You forgot one thing.
Germany is "relativley" big, so you forgot beer and some Wihte sausages (Weisswurst) and Brezel with sweet mustard for morning pint (Fruehschoppen.) :rotfl2:

Stock theese up too please if not we will have some troubles with Bavarian tankers.

Cheers

LC :shucks:

frinik 04-10-10 09:47 AM

Food for thought....

Thanks LC I was forgetting the essentials. Also schnapps, a Mosel or two and some schwarzwalder schinken.Pretzels with sweet mustard :o OoOf I'd rather fight a KV85 with my bare hands..Thank you:88)

Bavarian tankers? Tigers dressed with Dirndls?:stare:

What's that thing I see flying? An 88 mm shell? No! A flare? No! Ahhh it's LC's computer with those fast fps....

Cheers

ZeeWolf 04-10-10 11:35 AM

Well Kameraden, the new pre-Kursk foundation release is in the mail (e-mail)
Make sure you check your spam folder if you have not received this new link
Although this is an Alpha and you find any bugs please post them ASAP.

All the best :salute:

ZW

Chucky 04-10-10 12:28 PM

Thanks ZeeWolf!
I just tried to download it but the speed was slow to say the least.I will try again at a different time.
Looking forward to firing this up.:salute:

Edward 04-10-10 12:58 PM

Zeewolf

Just downloaded and tried out your Pre-Kursk Mod and it works and looks great!! A very nice improvement :cool: No problem with frame rates either.
Thanks for all your work on this one.

Just one question, how do you resupply/repair with the Hanomag??

Sincerely
Edward

oilman 04-10-10 01:19 PM

New member saying hello.

Hi. Just joined this forum today.

I recently bought Steel Fury and enjoyed it so much I went out and bought TVT. Not knowing the company had gone out of business etc etc. So I'm glad to see people working at polishing up and improving the game. I'm looking forward to being able to purchase Zeewolfs add on when it's ready.

The last tank sim I can remember trying was Panzer Elite on a 2XXMHZ PII. So that was a while ago. I now have a Pentium D. So modern sims like TVT, SF And IL2 work failry well. I usually play flight sims. IL2 in particular.

I wanted to throw in a few thoughts/ questions relating to siming in general while at it. Because there are a few guys here in addition to Zeewolf who know and understand coding. I do not.

I have often woundered why programers do not take more advantage of multi CPU's. And I mean multiple computers rather than just the new multi core cpu's. For example rather than running all the AI duties on the players computer. And usualy on one CPU. Why not spread things out over several computers. It seems to me there would not be much difference between this and a few guys playing in a LAN set up. A person can pick up (or probably has alread) computers in the 1-3 GHZ range for free, or almost free. And if the computer does not have to run sound or hi-quality video. Just a very simply windows screen to get the computer logged in to the LAN/game. Under these conditions I would think any P4 or equivilent could probably run a fairly complex set of scripts or whatever they are called to run one or several vehicals, planes or whatever. The local computer recycler ships out about a pallet of such computers a month in my small town. And I can have my pick for about $5 a piece. A person wouldn't even need a bunch of monitors. A VGA switch box (and an understanding partner) would do wouldn't it?

Additionaly I wounder if we will ever see games that blend together games like IL2, TVT and first person shooters. A lot of people answer this question with, "well you could play BF1942" and I do. But its an arcade game. Not a sim. I enjoy blasting ground targets with my IL2. But it would be even more fun if there were a thinking persons down there running the AA or other.

Hope spewing out all that does not get me in trouble for diluting the thread.