SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Change days in bunker (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=188265)

Trevally. 09-28-11 03:02 PM

[REL] Change days in bunker

DOWNLOAD

To change days in bunker (default is 14 days)
Place mod in your MODS folder - C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS
Open JSGME
Right click on "change days in bunker" and click explore.
Open data folder.
Open Cfg folder.
Open UPC.CFG with notepad.
Look for line - MinimumDaysInBaseGE=14
change the "14" to the number of days you want to spend in bunker
Save changes and close.
Activate mod in JSGME
Done.

Now when you are in the bunker and you select next patrol, the number of days you have set will pass before your patrol will start.
If your boat is damaged or you select upgrades - more time may pass.
You can install or un-install this mod anytime.

Magic1111 09-28-11 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1757334)
DOWNLOAD

To change days in bunker (default is 14 days)
Place mod in your MODS folder - C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS
Open JSGME
Right click on "change days in bunker" and click explore.
Open data folder.
Open Cfg folder.
Open UPC.CFG with notepad.
Look for line - MinimumDaysInBaseGE=14
change the "14" to the number of days you want to spend in bunker
Save changes and close.
Activate mod in JSGME
Done.

Now when you are in the bunker and you select next patrol, the number of days you have set will pass before your patrol will start.
If your boat is damaged or you select upgrades - more time may pass.
You can install or un-install this mod anytime.

Hi Trevally!

Wonderful new little MOD, great Idea!!! :yeah:

Many thx! :up:

Best regards,
Magic

oscar19681 09-28-11 04:13 PM

Thanks for that! I allways thought 14 days was a bit short for my crew to visit the brothels and get drunk all the time.

Trevally. 09-28-11 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 1757360)
Thanks for that! I allways thought 14 days was a bit short for my crew to visit the brothels and get drunk all the time.

:haha:

Do not let them have too long Oscar. They may not come back:O:

Jacke 10-31-11 02:22 AM

If a U-boat was only in port for reprovisioning, maintenance, and new orders, what was the usual time? 14 days seems too long to me? I would imagine 3 to 7 tops.

tonschk 10-31-11 02:37 AM

Thank you :DL Trevally :salute:

kylania 10-31-11 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svart (Post 1777326)
If a U-boat was only in port for reprovisioning, maintenance, and new orders, what was the usual time? 14 days seems too long to me? I would imagine 3 to 7 tops.

Well, taking this random u-boat as an example:

U-103 - 11 patrols

Looks like there's an average of a month and more between each patrol. Looked at a few other u-boats and they were all around that same kind of time frame.

Jacke 10-31-11 03:52 AM

Although not an exhaustive statistical examination, I looked for the shortest time between 2 war patrols and found many around 6 days, with virtually none shorter, and as you said, a lot longer.

Without knowing the days added by SH5 when you do have repairs and modifications, I'd say 7 days in the bunker is a good minimum, but it may give an average time too low depending on those other day delays.

And thank you for all your contributions to making SH5 a better game and simulation.

Magic1111 10-31-11 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svart (Post 1777326)

Well, you must also consider the physical efforts of the crew during a two, three or more weeks patrol, which need some recovery time!;)

An average port time of 14 days (or more) are absolutely realistic! :03:

Best regards,
Magic

TheBeast 12-03-11 08:31 PM

How long would it take to upgrade a Hydrophone?

Lets say you have a GHG or KDB and want to upgrade to Balkon Gerat.
What would it require to change this? ::Dry Dock::

How long for Bdu to give permission to enter Dry Dock, if allowed?
How long does it take to unload all Weapons and Fuel to prepare for Dry Dock?
How Long does it take to get boat into Dry Dock and Raise Dry Dock or Pump Water out of Dry Dock?
How long to remove previously installed Hydrophone?
How Long to install new Hydrophone?
How long to clean boat and do required Paint of boat and new welds?
Any Maintenance Crew worth thier salt would do all kinds of work while boat is in dry dock not related to this specific upgrade.
How long for Paint to cure? ::Weather Dependant::
How long to Flood Dry Dock and return to bunker?
How long to load all Weapons, Fuel and Provisions?
How much Time does your crew need at the brothels?

This one upgrade could easily exceed one month...

I would really like to see more control in this area.
Each item should have a required time to accomplish that task in the UPC files.
Example: Each Torpedo may take 1 hour to load or unload. Maybe 1.15 hours to laod/unload from tube to bunker or bunker to tube.

7Infanterie19 03-21-12 04:29 PM

Yesterday, I used this mod for the first time to change "MinimumDaysInBaseGE" to 28 days, but after starting the mission, it defaulted to 14. I tried it twice to make sure I wasn't imagining things, but no change. I checked to see that JSGME copied it over, which it did, and it backed up the original as well. It should be straightforward, but for some reason, it didn't work for me, which is really strange. :hmmm:

Any ideas, Trevally?

mikaelanderlund 03-22-12 04:01 PM

You must do the change before you reach the bunker and dock. You can't do the change when you are in the bunker.

:salute:

Trevally. 03-22-12 05:36 PM

If you are using this mod with high days in port and using OHII - you must be carefull at the end of campaigns.
If you do not achieve all the points and the campaign is forced to end by date - having this set higher than 14 days may cause you to be unable to select the next campaign as the date has passed.

7Infanterie19 03-24-12 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund (Post 1859197)
You must do the change before you reach the bunker and dock. You can't do the change when you are in the bunker.:salute:

You know, it's funny, because I was thinking about that possibility as I put out to sea again, so now I know for sure. Thanks for confirming that! :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1859246)
If you are using this mod with high days in port and using OHII - you must be carefull at the end of campaigns.
If you do not achieve all the points and the campaign is forced to end by date - having this set higher than 14 days may cause you to be unable to select the next campaign as the date has passed.

Very good point :up:. It'd be like sleeping through your wake up alarm :o. Something less than a month is probably safe enough to see if everything still works ok. If not, a simple reload will probably rectify that (I hope .. hehehe). :D

Koenig-Hessler 03-02-13 10:18 PM

well my crew are superhumans and only need a day for R&R, i myself only need one day of to visit the missy and the kiddos, boast about my recent accomplishments and etc.

after that we just go out with me having bought wine, beer, cigars and other goodies to celebrate enemy ships we sink, and for some reason our radio is able to pick up stations with music we have never heard of but sounds good (this is music from the modern day, mostly japanese and other things)
atleast it keeps morale up, and we play it widely before we attack warships so they go scratch their heads and wonder what the heck are we hearing, and later BOOOOM!.

tbh i am a bit of an workaholic sub cap'n
same with the crew.

now i go and bid you good luck on your hunts gentlemen, hope you sink some serious tonnage and make the tommies tear their hair in frustration due to your efforts.