SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [TEC] Make AI-Uboats attack Convois, via Radio (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147005)

urfisch 01-18-09 12:22 PM

[TEC] Make wolfpacks attack Convois, via Radio!

Ive been gambling with this topic since years...and now there seems some kind of idea, that might make the ai-boats behave as ai-wolfpacks!

theres another thread on that (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=146905) but i want to ask the whole community about the following tec-question. where might the behavior of "called airstrikes" be stored?

i mean the dependence of:

- sending radio message "contact report"
- airplanes are send to your position, if youre "near" a german airfield

where could this be coded? i looked through the "cfgs" and the "dats"...nothing. now i came across some topics in other forums, where the "simdata.dll" is defined as the main controlling unit for this game. does anyone agree on that?

but for me its a bunch of hyroglyphs...i have no idea how to find the strings, that might be responseable for the airstrikes. but if one of you finds them, we could make some new "air-units" - uboats! to get an overview how this idea works, take look into the other thread (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=146905)

thx a lot in advance!

:up:

bigboywooly 01-18-09 12:53 PM

Airstrike cfg in the Cfg folder governs the strike rates
How often etc

[AirStrikeSettings]
; AirStrike Creation Parameters
; Airstrike Session:
; 1. Compute airbases in range according to their aircraft maximum ranges
; 2. Compute air coverage factors on allies/axis/neutral on the target zone
; 3. Compute airstrike probability from each base
; 3.1 check number of aircraft that can strike at that range and conditions, and compute a coverage factor based on the range of each aircraft type
; and detection area around submarine ( 10 km radius )
; 3.2 multiply coverage factor for the target area with :
; - current airstrike probability againt that side
; - nigft factor ( if necessary )
; - airbase competence
; - close to airbase factor
; 3.3 check probability for airstrike
; 3.4 add more aircraft probabilistically for a large target

Maximum Aircraft Range=2000 ;[>0] in kilometers
Poor Airbase Modifier=0.2 ;[>0] Modifier for poor airbase (carrier) rating
Novice Airbase Modifier=0.6 ;[>0] Modifier for novice airbase (carrier) rating
Competent Airbase Modifier=1.4 ;[>0] Modifier for competent airbase (carrier) rating
Veteran Airbase Modifier=2.4 ;[>0] Modifier for veteran airbase (carrier) rating
Elite Airbase Modifier=3.0 ;[>0] Modifier for elite airbase (carrier) rating
Night Modifier=0.2 ;[>0] Modifier on strike probability at night
Default Air Strike Probability=35 ;[>0] Default probability to send an airstrike from a airbase (carrier)
Enemy Air Strike Probability Increase on Radio Messages Sent=25 ;[>0] Increase over the default probability on a radio message sent
Friendly Air Strike Probability Increase on Contact Report Sent=50 ;[>0] Increase over the default probability on a contact message sent
Enemy Air Strike Probability Increase on Player Detection=40 ;[>0] Increase over the default probability on player detection
Atenuation Factor=10 ;[>0] decrease from an increased probability to default one on each air session
Logic Steps Between Air Sessions=20 ;[>0] steps between air fighting sessions, 10*Logic Interval(90sec)

But there is probably a trigger somewhere too

urfisch 01-18-09 12:56 PM

yep, and this trigger is needed to modify the airbases with our aiboats...i think?! i also do not know, how the aiboats are lead to your position. there must be given some pararmeters for the planes, which are created by the trigger (your radio message "contact report" or similar.

A6Intruder 01-18-09 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urfisch
yep, and this trigger is needed to modify the airbases with our aiboats...i think?! i also do not know, how the aiboats are lead to your position. there must be given some pararmeters for the planes, which are created by the trigger (your radio message "contact report" or similar.

Just a thought. Ask Rowi in german Ubi-Forum about that. ImO he did something like that in LSH 3 with german airplanes. Would be a wonder if he could not help you with that. Would be great if that could work.:up:
Kind regards

urfisch 01-18-09 04:41 PM

sure, it would be more than great. i sent him a pm...

rowi58 01-19-09 02:18 AM

Hi,

a "call" by "radio message" only works with NONE-SCRIPTED air units - as bigboywooly mentioned above. A "call" for ai-subs (wolfpack) - similar to the cofiguration in the "Airstrike.cfg" - is impossible (imo).

Ai-subs must be scripted into the RND and/or SCR files.

Greets
rowi58

Hunter 01-19-09 03:15 AM

How about adding AI boats to Air folder as unscripted arcrafts will it be possible to call them then?

rowi58 01-19-09 03:28 AM

Sure, if subs can fly :rotfl:. And you must have "AirBase" for subs too. And just remeber the maxium speed of subs: the "AirBase" must be very near to the (possible) convoy routes.

So it is better to script the "wolfepacks" into the RND or SCR files.

Greets
rowi58

urfisch 01-19-09 05:58 AM

ok. but if the subs are scripted into the layers...they are still not available through radio. that is, what needs to be achieved! so the way with airbases is the way we have to experiment with! (and there must not be so many bases, as you can set their range.)

but how do we get the aiboats linked to airbases? so they work the same way as planes do?

tater 01-19-09 07:27 PM

I've made "air boats" in sh4. You can make a plane that will happy drive along in the water, with the 3d model of a sub, or whatever you like.

iambecomelife 01-19-09 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urfisch
ok. but if the subs are scripted into the layers...they are still not available through radio. that is, what needs to be achieved! so the way with airbases is the way we have to experiment with! (and there must not be so many bases, as you can set their range.)

but how do we get the aiboats linked to airbases? so they work the same way as planes do?

I think all you have to do is go to data\land\[airbase]. Design a new "airbase" that spawns the new unit. For instance, let's say you wanted American subs. Instead of the text below:

[Unit]
ClassName=LargeAirBaseUS
UnitType=406
MaxSpeed=0.000000
MinSpeed=0.000000
Length=1
Width=1
[AirGroup 1]
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19420601
Squadron1Class=LBSPBYCatalina
Squadron1No=2
[AirGroup 2]
StartDate=19420602
EndDate=19451201
Squadron1Class=LBSPBYCatalina
Squadron1No=1
Squadron2Class=LBB24LiberatorUS
Squadron2No=2
Squadron3Class=LBMk.3
Squadron3No=2

You would modify it to:

[Unit]
ClassName=[SubmarineSpawnpointUS]
UnitType=406
MaxSpeed=0.000000
MinSpeed=0.000000
Length=1
Width=1
[AirGroup 1]
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19420601
Squadron1Class=[New Sub Unit]
Squadron1No=2
[AirGroup 2]
StartDate=19420602
EndDate=19451201
Squadron1Class=[New Sub Unit]
Squadron1No=1
Squadron2Class=[New Sub Unit]
Squadron2No=2
Squadron3Class=[New Sub Unit]
Squadron3No=2

bigboywooly 01-20-09 12:41 AM

I tried something similar for my test mission

[Unit]
ClassName=NormalSubBaseGe
UnitType=406
MaxSpeed=0.000000
MinSpeed=0.000000
Length=1
Width=1

[AirGroup 1]
StartDate=19410102
EndDate=19430101
Squadron1Class=Resupply Uboat
Squadron1No=1

And didnt spawn anything - using a regular AI sub though

urfisch 01-20-09 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboywooly
I tried something similar for my test mission

[Unit]
ClassName=NormalSubBaseGe
UnitType=406
MaxSpeed=0.000000
MinSpeed=0.000000
Length=1
Width=1

[AirGroup 1]
StartDate=19410102
EndDate=19430101
Squadron1Class=Resupply Uboat
Squadron1No=1

And didnt spawn anything - using a regular AI sub though

is the ai-boat scripted in itself and defined as "Resupply Uboat"? otherwise it will not even spawn and nothing happens. if it is defined as "Resupply Uboat" it may spawn, but stay there and do nothing - if there are no scripts for these boats. i dont know, how the ai-boats work.

and there may be another problem. as mentioned before, there are parameters sent, which trigger the spawn of luftwaffe planes, which attack your convoi. maybe these triggers do not make the uboats spawn, even they are defined as "air units"...

any thoughts on that? the idea is as simple as it gets. so there must be a working solution!

Hunter 01-20-09 06:15 AM

I guess that Ai-sub and/or other units should be added to airfolder to be spawned ba a base.

tater 01-20-09 10:15 AM

What I did in sh4 was to make a new plane, and point it at the 3d model of a boat as an experiment. When that worked, I cloned a plane, and changed the 3d model in the dat to a boat, messed with the sim, etc. Had to live in the Air folder.