SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Index of Stickied topics + RA Mod Discussion here (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145517)

BobbyZero 12-19-08 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sardino
when there will be the definitive version of RA????:D:D:D

Patience, young padawan...:D

Although, I'm quite jumpy too, waiting to play the mighty Typhoon in RA. And a new sonar station on Gepard looks interesting :rock: I kinda got tired of staring always at the same 2D sensor background screens from Jane's 688(i), through SC, to DW...so Gepard will be a treat!

XabbaRus 12-19-08 04:01 PM

does anyone want to post screenshots of the new models?

:FI:Rabitski 12-19-08 05:04 PM

I'll get some together and post them.

sardino 12-20-08 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyZero
Quote:

Originally Posted by sardino
when there will be the definitive version of RA????:D:D:D

Patience, young padawan...:D

Although, I'm quite jumpy too, waiting to play the mighty Typhoon in RA. And a new sonar station on Gepard looks interesting :rock: I kinda got tired of staring always at the same 2D sensor background screens from Jane's 688(i), through SC, to DW...so Gepard will be a treat!

will there be novelty for mine beloved 688i?:D:D:D:D:D

Janus 12-20-08 01:19 PM

Easy question: what is this mod about in the first place? Is there any mod website or something? Is it like LWAMI, does it add more playable subs? I know nothing about this mod...

MR. Wood 12-20-08 01:46 PM

yes more playables along with more units in db fo ai:rock:

Janus 12-20-08 02:17 PM

Okay, sounds good and I downloaded it. But is there a way to make this work with non-english version of Dangerous Waters?

MR. Wood 12-20-08 03:54 PM

That I don't know:ping:

Janus 12-20-08 04:03 PM

I've tried some things with the german version but it did not work so I guess it really is incompatible. I already ordered the english version now. I should have bought the english version from the beginning but back then I did not know that the localized versions are pretty much incompatible with any user crated contents (LWAMI etc.) :roll:

So, do the new drivable platforms use the same interfaces like the standard platforms, I mean do you have to drive around in a Delta-IV with 688I or Akula sonar display and ship control screen... or are there new interfaces?

PeriscopeDepth 12-21-08 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janus
I've tried some things with the german version but it did not work so I guess it really is incompatible. I already ordered the english version now. I should have bought the english version from the beginning but back then I did not know that the localized versions are pretty much incompatible with any user crated contents (LWAMI etc.) :roll:

So, do the new drivable platforms use the same interfaces like the standard platforms, I mean do you have to drive around in a Delta-IV with 688I or Akula sonar display and ship control screen... or are there new interfaces?

The interfaces are redone more than any mod in existence. I don't know if that's to your standards, but as far as interfaces go RA has the best out there AFAIC. :)

PD

Delareon 12-23-08 04:42 AM

is there really no way to get this mod working with german version of the game?
For example LWAMI there you just have to change some filenames and it works perfectly. But this mod comes with an .exe installer as far as i know, so maybe if we get a file list we maybe can change the filenames on our own.

Kapitan 12-26-08 08:43 AM

I am downloading the whole shebang as i write this, i am most impressed so far without playing this, with the level of effort put in by all partys, this now old game is still worth playing and with dedicated people putting thier own time into creating mods and patches means she will live a bit longer.

To the modders and creators thankyou i will give you my views soon on the mod and platforms from a players prospective.

P.S hope theres an udaloy or sovremenny in the works too ! :D

Janus 12-26-08 09:54 AM

Kapitan: Udaloy is already driveable. Only with OHP interfaces though but what more can you expect without proper modding tools ;)

Kapitan 12-26-08 10:39 AM

Well as long as its a good platform to drive which i have no doubt it will be cause the guys working on it are some of the best so once the niggly bits have been cast out we should be left with some good platforms but like everything it does take time and im prepared to wait.

Kapitan 12-26-08 02:15 PM

on my 8th reinstall gentlemen and still havnt figured out how to install it properly yet ive red the read me a few dozen times but still no go any help will be appreciated.

regards